Rumours of Brunt and McArthur

Gaffbear

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Tenerife Bear said:

It would clearly be the strongest and most intelligent and gifted midfield in the country. Clearly. By a million miles ffs. 5 incredibly gifted footballers with a nice balance all complimenting each other. 

I don't like my players running around 100mph like headless chickens, i like them to be able to control the football, to pass the football, to score from distance, to create, to defend, to support, to service. That midfield 5 has it all. My 2 full backs and striker have pace to make up for the lack of it in the middle if needed/wanted. Cunts are going on like it's 5 Niko Kranjcars in there. GD and CB can move if needed, i've seen them run. Nothing moves quicker on the football pitch than the ball. That's why good players like Xavi and Iniesta and Modric and even Neil Lennon, Brahim Hemdani and Barry Ferguson etc made good careers for themselves, because they used the football, good players don't need pace. This desperation for all players to be able to run like Usain Bolt is clueless school boy stuff. 

All those players played the holding role apart from Iniesta who is very mobile.

Its ok having one maybe 2 of those players in the lineup but a full midfield of holders wouldny work. Xavi has the likes of Messi, Henry etc making runs ahead of him. Modric had Ronaldo and Bale and even Barry and Hemdani played alongside mobile midfielders.

Not to mention a full midfield of +30 year olds with big wages and no sell on value.

As the wee man once said. "No thanks".

On 14/11/2017 at 08:53, K.A.I said:

And it still is 

just not just now 

according to his uncle who i know well and go to trips abroad with 

he wants one last contract down south and to finish with us 

Do you know if he's married now?

He used to go out with one of them and she worked behind the bar in that wee provo pub next to the old bus station in Parkhead and he used to go into it all the time to get her when he played with Hamilton

3 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

Do you know if he's married now?

He used to go out with one of them and she worked behind the bar in that wee provo pub next to the old bus station in Parkhead and he used to go into it all the time to get her when he played with Hamilton

He is married now. Got married a couple of years ago but no idea if it's to her your referring to there, though. 

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

He is married now. Got married a couple of years ago but no idea if it's to her your referring to there, though. 

I find it amazing footballers get married. I would of got the snip and just been a mad shagger for all my 20s and considered marriage in my 40s

5 hours ago, plumbGER said:

Sinclairesque:megaanguish:

Nobody is saying you don't need "legs", pace isn't as important as people believe, as i said you can have a good engine without being the fastest.

Most of our games are a battle, we need players who can win that battle, so far Jack and Dorrans haven't demonstrated they have it in them to dictate matches as we hoped they would, a few good games here and there is all they have shown.

Every team needs players who can break down the opposition wide players with speed and skill are vital in football not only to help win but to stop the fans falling asleep in the stands.

Not saying every midfielder needs to be rapid but a couple do especially on the wing.

7 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

Every team needs players who can break down the opposition wide players with speed and skill are vital in football not only to help win but to stop the fans falling asleep in the stands.

Not saying every midfielder needs to be rapid but a couple do especially on the wing.

My initial point being that players in the centre of midfield don't need to be rapid.

On 14/11/2017 at 08:53, K.A.I said:

And it still is 

just not just now 

according to his uncle who i know well and go to trips abroad with 

he wants one last contract down south and to finish with us 

Ffs. Tell him to piss off surely to fuck  he has made his money mate ???? I would ..And it's my way of.thinking let's come to us with a.chance of trophy or two .enjoy football. End of 

1 minute ago, King Jela said:

Big Rangers man then, right enough ?

To be fair mate professional footballers think different to the fans they’ve got a different mindset 

McLean should be at the taigs just now too but he’d rather rack up the paydays down south same with Charlie Adam and Dundee ... Snodgrass has knocked back celtic too 

11 hours ago, K.A.I said:

To be fair mate professional footballers think different to the fans they’ve got a different mindset 

McLean should be at the taigs just now too but he’d rather rack up the paydays down south same with Charlie Adam and Dundee ... Snodgrass has knocked back celtic too 

Then that's fair enough they've put their career first,just don't insult our intelligence with this pure Rangers man pish,as they're clearly not.Hope the club tell him to fuck off if thinks he can come back up here at 33/34 for one last payday playing for his "heroes" fuck off James.