Gaffbear

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

No they wouldn't. they really really wouldn't. :lol:

Some amount of hyperbole and clueless nonsense on this thread. :duh:

You’re right there mate, just look at this bloke.

2 hours ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Swap McLean for McArthur, add in Charlie Adam in a 451 and we win the league. 

--------------------Jack------------------

--------McArthur----Adam---------

Dorrans-------------------------Brunt

:drool:

6 hours ago, Siwel said:

You really think that Midfield is good? 

It would clearly be the strongest and most intelligent and gifted midfield in the country. Clearly. By a million miles ffs. 5 incredibly gifted footballers with a nice balance all complimenting each other. 

I don't like my players running around 100mph like headless chickens, i like them to be able to control the football, to pass the football, to score from distance, to create, to defend, to support, to service. That midfield 5 has it all. My 2 full backs and striker have pace to make up for the lack of it in the middle if needed/wanted. Cunts are going on like it's 5 Niko Kranjcars in there. GD and CB can move if needed, i've seen them run. Nothing moves quicker on the football pitch than the ball. That's why good players like Xavi and Iniesta and Modric and even Neil Lennon, Brahim Hemdani and Barry Ferguson etc made good careers for themselves, because they used the football, good players don't need pace. This desperation for all players to be able to run like Usain Bolt is clueless school boy stuff. 

1 hour ago, Tenerife Bear said:

It would clearly be the strongest and most intelligent and gifted midfield in the country. Clearly. By a million miles ffs. 5 incredibly gifted footballers with a nice balance all complimenting each other. 

I don't like my players running around 100mph like headless chickens, i like them to be able to control the football, to pass the football, to score from distance, to create, to defend, to support, to service. That midfield 5 has it all. My 2 full backs and striker have pace to make up for the lack of it in the middle if needed/wanted. Cunts are going on like it's 5 Niko Kranjcars in there. GD and CB can move if needed, i've seen them run. Nothing moves quicker on the football pitch than the ball. That's why good players like Xavi and Iniesta and Modric and even Neil Lennon, Brahim Hemdani and Barry Ferguson etc made good careers for themselves, because they used the football, good players don't need pace. This desperation for all players to be able to run like Usain Bolt is clueless school boy stuff. 

:lol:

1 hour ago, piperpete said:

The boy is on life changing cash so as you say not a scooby of him  coming anywhere near us soon.

Once you have had many years of big bucks regardless of who you supported as a kid very few will take the Dorrans type hit in wages to return and will follow the pounds.

Thats why we need someone at the helm who can get good players for sensible dough at the right age.

Whilst i dont particularly agree with Tenerife Bears midfield choices i do believe he has a point regarding peoples obsession with fast players, if you are a good enough player you don't need to be blessed with pace to dictate a game.

Positional awareness and football intelligence out trumps pace in the midfield for sure, guys like Pirlo were never the fastest but could totally dictate a game.

Pace isn't everything, fuck Windass and O'halloran could run very fast but both are shit at football.

1 minute ago, plumbGER said:

Whilst i dont particularly agree with Tenerife Bears midfield choices i do believe he has a point regarding peoples obsession with fast players, if you are a good enough player you don't need to be blessed with pace to dictate a game.

Positional awareness and football intelligence out trumps pace in the midfield for sure, guys like Pirlo were never the fastest but could totally dictate a game.

Pace isn't everything, fuck Windass and O'halloran could run very fast but both are shit at football.

Guys like Pirlo had other players around them to do their running for them. 

9 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Guys like Pirlo had other players around them to do their running for them. 

Sure he did, but he knew what pockets of space to drop into to receive the ball and had the control to receive the ball and vision/passing ability to make a telling pass.

That's why i said pace is not a key aspect in midfield, pace is an attribute elsewhere but in the middle of the pitch, were battles are won, it's not as important.

5 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Sure he did, but he knew what pockets of space to drop into to receive the ball and had the control to receive the ball and vision/passing ability to make a telling pass.

That's why i said pace is not a key aspect in midfield, pace is an attribute elsewhere but in the middle of the pitch, were battles are won, it's not as important.

Not key but it’s still important. Especially on the wings. Wee cunts like Tierney would shaft us down the wings with that midfield

6 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Not key but it’s still important. Especially on the wings. Wee cunts like Tierney would shaft us down the wings with that midfield

That's why you get decent wide players who can shift and play a bit to counter that.

The last few old firm games that wee prick Brown has been allowed to boss it, you get guys in there with grit and determination and footballing intelligence and he would have nowhere near the influebce he has been allowed, Brown also runs in treacle btw.

23 hours ago, K.A.I said:

And it still is 

just not just now 

according to his uncle who i know well and go to trips abroad with 

he wants one last contract down south and to finish with us 

Is he signed a 3 year deal down south he’d be too old to sign for us then he’d be 33? Personally I’d prefer younger players.

6 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

That's why you get decent wide players who can shift and play a bit to counter that.

The last few old firm games that wee prick Brown has been allowed to boss it, you get guys in there with grit and determination and footballing intelligence and he would have nowhere near the influebce he has been allowed, Brown also runs in treacle btw.

That’s what I’m saying, Brunt and Dorrans are slow as a week in the jail and aren’t wingers tbh, doesn’t brunt play Lb now for WBA? Completely agree about needing a player with some grit and experience in the middle 

34 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Aye but a midfield of 5 Pirlos would get dominated in every match. 

5 minutes ago, Siwel said:

That’s what I’m saying, Brunt and Dorrans are slow as a week in the jail and aren’t wingers tbh, doesn’t brunt play Lb now for WBA? Completely agree about needing a player with some grit and experience in the middle 

Don't watch the horrendously over rated pish that is English football (apart from Man City who i have always liked) so couldn't tell you where Brunt plays for WBA.

That's why i said i don't particularly agree with TB's selection but see his point about peoples fascination with having pacy players, it's not the be all and end all and in the midfield battle it's not really required at all, you can be fit and have a good engine without being blessed with speed.

I don't know about you but i am pig sick of seeing that wee rodent Brown coming to Ibrox and swaggering about like he owns it, we need players in there to put that cunt in his place, Jack and Dorrans were both woeful at being the men to do it in the first old firm game, they need to up their game big time in the next match against them.

Just now, RDFM said:

Aye but a midfield of 5 Pirlos would get dominated in every match. 

Aye but i never said i would want a midfield 5 of Pirlos, 1 Pirlo would be amazing then we could compliment him with Sinclairesque :megaanguish:(your description) players out wide.

4 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Aye but i never said i would want a midfield 5 of Pirlos, 1 Pirlo would be amazing then we could compliment him with Sinclairesque :megaanguish:(your description) players out wide.

Would love a Sinclairesque (my description) player or two aye. 

And the 5 Pirlos was in reference to TB's midfield. 

21 minutes ago, RDFM said:

Would love a Sinclairesque (my description) player or two aye. 

And the 5 Pirlos was in reference to TB's midfield. 

:megaanguish:

He's not that good ye know, show him onto his weak foot and he's mince, just that our defenders seem to just let him cut inside to get his shot away and then we have Tav who switches off and forgets to mark him letting him score.

When looking for wingers i would say Cooperesque or Laudrupesque.

1 minute ago, plumbGER said:

:megaanguish:

He's not that good ye know, show him onto his weak foot and he's mince, just that our defenders seem to just let him cut inside to get his shot away and then we have Tav who switches off and forgets to mark him letting him score.

When looking for wingers i would say Cooperesque or Laudrupesque.

There are no wingers that are Laudrupesque or Cooperesque in our budget anymore, don’t even think there’s any Mccannesque wingers we could get but there are probably a lot of Sinclairesque wingers in our budget.

8 minutes ago, Siwel said:

There are no wingers that are Laudrupesque or Cooperesque in our budget anymore, don’t even think there’s any Mccannesque wingers we could get but there are probably a lot of Sinclairesque wingers in our budget.

Sinclairesque:megaanguish:

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

People can fantasise about ball player all they want but the truth of the matter is you need legs in midfield in Scottish football.

Nobody is saying you don't need "legs", pace isn't as important as people believe, as i said you can have a good engine without being the fastest.

Most of our games are a battle, we need players who can win that battle, so far Jack and Dorrans haven't demonstrated they have it in them to dictate matches as we hoped they would, a few good games here and there is all they have shown.