Lloyd

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Gustav said:

Naw

"I knew I was eligible to play for Ireland, but I've not heard anything. If someone else is sniffing, that's flattering.

"It's something I'd need to think about, take time. I wouldn't jump in. I'd need to speak to my family and think what's right for me.

I know Greg personally mate he’s a Rangers fan. 

4 minutes ago, Dado'sMulls said:

I do wonder what would be the best way to develop as a 16 year old player, do you stay at Hearts and play maybe 15-20 games of first team football or go to Rangers and play against the best youth teams your own age every week? 

Is there not something changing where SPFL youth teams will be playing in the lower division of Scottish football similar to Spain and Portuguese league youth teams?

I watched a couple of Scotland youth matches in the victory shield to get a look at Billy Gilmour last year and Cochrane was impressive. Nice to hear he is a Rangers fan and getting his chance so young.

I'd be pleased to see us sign him for the development squad.

3 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Is there not something changing where SPFL youth teams will be playing in the lower division of Scottish football similar to Spain and Portuguese league youth teams?

Could be right mate I've no idea. Still, the thought of Scotland's next generation of players learning their trade in the Irn Bru leagues will hardly have Europe's elite quaking :lol:

I'm honestly delighted we've gone down the route we have with our youths, one of the few shining lights at our club just now. 

1 hour ago, PRW. said:

I watched a couple of Scotland youth matches in the victory shield to get a look at Billy Gilmour last year and Cochrane was impressive. Nice to hear he is a Rangers fan and getting his chance so young.

I'd be pleased to see us sign him for the development squad.

So he will leave the Hearts first team to play at Development level for us, Why.?

1 hour ago, Dado'sMulls said:

I do wonder what would be the best way to develop as a 16 year old player, do you stay at Hearts and play maybe 15-20 games of first team football or go to Rangers and play against the best youth teams your own age every week? 

Playing first team senior games would obviously be the best way for him to develop. You see young guys with talent getting lured away by bigger teams all the time to never be seen again. Billy Gilmore will be the most  recent example we have seen. He will NEVER play in Chelsea's first team. They will always buy as close to the finished article as possible for their starting XI. 

3 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

That would consider playing for the Republic of Ireland?

Tell him he's a fucking tool

Imo that was just because he was left out of the U-21 squad and was essentially him trying to blackmail Scotland into giving him more game time.

1 minute ago, Bronzy said:

Imo that was just because he was left out of the U-21 squad and was essentially him trying to blackmail Scotland into giving him more game time.

Not a good enough reason.

I don't know why any Rangers fan would give a fuck about playing for Scotland either.

37 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Not a good enough reason.

I don't know why any Rangers fan would give a fuck about playing for Scotland either.

I agree it's not good enough, just giving my two cents on why he's done it.

1 hour ago, Smile said:

So he will leave the Hearts first team to play at Development level for us, Why.?

We’re Rangers. 

He isn’t good enough for Hearts first team yet based on his games v us & Hibs. He’ll be on their bench/development team.

Just now, PRW. said:

We’re Rangers. 

He isn’t good enough for Hearts first team yet based on his games v us & Hibs. He’ll be on their bench/development team.

That's not how football works he sees a path at Hearts that has got him in the first team, supporter or not he won't want to go back it's a career for him.

7 hours ago, Siwel said:

He’s 16 mate, not looking for him to stand out but he was always looking for the ball and never hid along with a few decent passes and touches he might have something.

6 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

He's 16...

I appreciate that. He was shite against us though. 

Must have something about him to be starting near enough every week. 

3 hours ago, Dado'sMulls said:

The first one in my eyes. All of our recent successful youth products had first team experience elsewhere (except maybe Barry) before making the breakthrough.

22 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

The first one in my eyes. All of our recent successful youth products had first team experience elsewhere (except maybe Barry) before making the breakthrough.

Yeh, can’t beat playing professional football. No amount of youth games can prepare you.