Players now getting day off during the week

MisterC

1 hour ago, City_of_Blue said:

Also it's better for their mental health getting a day off. If they are there all the time they will naturally start resenting it just like we all do with work.

Resenting training and playing for the teddy bears and getting paid thousands a week ffs 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, MisterC said:

Just reading on the BBC website what Murtys been saying today, praising the players attitudes etc. However one thing that makes me angry is that the players are now getting a day off during the week to recharge and spend time with the family. Surely given where we are and where we need to be, the players should be in every day working hard etc. This is just going back to the holiday camp era under super Ally and a regressive step. Let's face it all they will do on the day off is drink or recover from getting blootered the night below. 

It’s not the 1970s, look at the structure of any top level team and it will be very normal for the players to have days off during the week. The players are so finely tuned nowadays missing a days training would have no adverse effect whatsoever and may even be beneficial for rest and recovery. I’m sure their ‘loading’ will have been properly considered by the coaching staff and sports scientists. 

More importantly from Murty’s point of view, it gets him further on side with the players. Like it or not the way the dressing room responds to you is a huge factor to whether you will keep your job or not in this day and age. 

16 minutes ago, burnbank bear said:

Resenting training and playing for the teddy bears and getting paid thousands a week ffs 

I said they need a day off, not just to recharge but a day away can work out better than zero days off. No matter how much they are paid.

Then smash it in training for all the other days.

2 hours ago, MisterC said:

Just reading on the BBC website what Murtys been saying today, praising the players attitudes etc. However one thing that makes me angry is that the players are now getting a day off during the week to recharge and spend time with the family. Surely given where we are and where we need to be, the players should be in every day working hard etc. This is just going back to the holiday camp era under super Ally and a regressive step. Let's face it all they will do on the day off is drink or recover from getting blootered the night below. 

Ok, can you post your credentials and experience for running a football team? 

I remember someone saying during the McCoist era that the players only trained on a Thursday, and then they had matchday at the weekend... and we were shit back then.

Pedro was the exact opposite... and we have been slightly better than shit. 

Warburton era... I dont remember... it was all pitch geography and water retention.

If our team get two days off a week then sobeit. As long as they get the results on the pitch. 

Nothing Murty has done over the last two games has annoyed me. He continued with McCrorie even when Alves was fit... and we only lost a goal through a decent free kick.

4 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

I remember someone saying during the McCoist era that the players only trained on a Thursday, and then they had matchday at the weekend... and we were shit back then.

Pedro was the exact opposite... and we have been slightly better than shit. 

Warburton era... I dont remember... it was all pitch geography and water retention.

If our team get two days off a week then sobeit. As long as they get the results on the pitch. 

Nothing Murty has done over the last two games has annoyed me. He continued with McCrorie even when Alves was fit... and we only lost a goal through a decent free kick.

I seriously doubt that's the case :lol::lol::lol: 

1 minute ago, Gustav said:

I seriously doubt that's the case :lol::lol::lol: 

Not making it up. It is what I was told... although take it with a pinch of salt obviously.

Trouble is... when you hear that during a time when we were shite and losing to part timers... AND had a manager who postponed games during the international breaks because 3 of our random reserve players were playing for their country... then I didnt know what to believe.

Just now, Ryju84 said:

Not making it up. It is what I was told... although take it with a pinch of salt obviously.

Trouble is... when you hear that during a time when we were shite and losing to part timers... AND had a manager who postponed games during the international breaks because 3 of our random reserve players were playing for their country... then I didnt know what to believe.

We weren't training one day a week. No chance :lol: 

11 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

It does surprise me Mr C that so many posters do not agree with you and also doubting your knowledge of what players need as far as rest etc, they obviously do not know you as well as some of us do. :pipe:

Well you can't please all of the people all of the time. I'm far too modest to reveal my credentials anyway :pipe:

45 minutes ago, MisterC said:

What's that got to do with it? 

Well if a plumber came into your house you wouldn’t start to tell him how to do his job - unless you were a plumber yourself. 

So your criticising Murty (who has won his last 2 games ) for creating a day off (which is very normal btw) during midweek.  

What credentials do you have to question him?