when was your first trip to Ibrox?

stevemac

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, stevemac said:

For me, it was Rangers vs Liverpool, August 2008. we got beat 4-0, Torres, Alonso, N'gog and I can't remember the other scorer, maybe Benayoun? I was 14 at the time. Missed 2 of the goals going for a pie and bovril haha.

Feel free to post your first experience and some memories of it.

WATP

Surprised you came back, was at that game myself we got tore to shreds that day.

Remember the Liverpool fans had a banner with 'thank you Rangers for your attempts to destroy Manchester' or words to that effect.  :lol:

50 minutes ago, Shook1980 said:

Someone correct me if im wrong 1986 against Hamilton got beat 1-0 at Ibrox. Can remember fans singing Waddle Waddle get to fuck. Take it that was the ref.

We won that one two nil, Roberts and Durrant got sent off,Albert Craig took a dive in front of the Copland, allegedly flashed a tarriers top under strip, Durrant took him out ten minutes later,Waddel got coined to fuck from the enclosure and that's how we ended up getting that retractable tunnel

10 minutes ago, WGOH said:

Viktoria Zhiskov (sp) in the uefa cup 2002, I was 6. First season I had an ST.

Think we drew and got put out, McCann missed a header from like 3 yards out?

My first European game, Klos hit the bar in extra time :lol: 

14 th February 1962. European Cup match against Standard Liege. We won 2-0 with goals from my boyhood hero Ralph Brand and a penalty by Eric Caldow. 76,000 at Ibrox that night. Awesome for a 9 year old. That was the night wee Willie Henderson got caught up in traffic and missed the game. Alex Scott took his place.