Fernando Ricksen at Ibrox tomorrow.

pcbear

Just now, pcbear said:

Just seen that on newsnow Rangers, it would be so easy for him to shut himself in and do nothing accepting the inevitable  but its not the Ricksen way.

He cites Stephen Hawking as someone who was given a few years to live with Motor Neuron Disease but is well into his 70's now so I'm not giving up hope just yet.

No Surrender Fernando

I could greet every time  looking at that picture ! A man that would burst his gut to make sure we won. A man that got on a plane in his condition and sat in the freezing cold watching a team full of spineless cowards jump out of tackles and accept second best. A pat on the back no doubt in the suite from another spineless cunt that was so desperate to get a blazer. 

Your contribution has never been forgotten Fernando , The only man worthy of standing next to you in your chair today would be Sandy Jardine 

keep fighting always x

1 hour ago, saltire266 said:

I could greet every time  looking at that picture ! A man that would burst his gut to make sure we won. A man that got on a plane in his condition and sat in the freezing cold watching a team full of spineless cowards jump out of tackles and accept second best. A pat on the back no doubt in the suite from another spineless cunt that was so desperate to get a blazer. 

Your contribution has never been forgotten Fernando , The only man worthy of standing next to you in your chair today would be Sandy Jardine 

keep fighting always x

Good post man.

Just watched the video of him arriving at Ibrox today. Was welling up when he appeared.

Just awful to see what MND does to a person, tears in my eyes seeing him yesterday.

I was just reading online about his visit there, some of the comments are subhuman. "I dont think Fernando should be rocking up to these games in his condition. puts everyone on a downer, and its embarrassing for him, I think he's had a testimonial and about 3 whip rounds,more than Gascoine, its a dreadful disease you would not wish on no one, but you can only thrash the **** out of a horse for so long"

Unreal that a human being would have these thought never mind take the time to write them down in a public forum - whoever it was should hang his head in shame.  And apparently "No Surrender Fernando Rickson" is sectarian. :huh:

seen Fernando in Primark in east kilbride. heart breaking seeing him like that I was choking to get my picture took with him but i didnt want to bother him. looks like he is in so much pain you can see it in his eyes. was happy when he noticed me looking at him and tried to say hi back.

such a horrible disease.

I see big Doddie Weir walked on to the park yesterday with his three boys and  presented the ball to the ref before the Scotland v The All Blacks, he also suffers from MND but must still be in the early stages as he was looking great, he must look at Fernando with terror as he knows that's probably where he will be soon.