Another low in the history of our club

K.A.I

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

I get where the guy blaming the fans is coming from to an extent.

We are apathetic when it comes to letting our feelings known - unless your a loudmouth with a blog, fans group or on Twitter who has something to gain from rallying the masses to help oust one lot.

We need the same thing again - which is where his point lies.

But we won't because all these egotistic wanks who were about the first time are nowhere to be seen now their pals and masters have the positions of power.

That's very true. We're a fractured support. We kind of need a figurehead to bring us together I think. I just wish there was someone out there with the motivation to do it. 

17 minutes ago, Gazza1212 said:

If we want to apportion blame then we should start with our own failure as a support. The minute the Warburton experiment failed We really should have been organised and ready to stampede this board with the unequivocal demand that we will not continue to tolerate the cheap option , but we didn't. If we are honest with ourselves and Christ knows we need to be honest with ourselves now then we will realise the present incumbents have not been pressed nearly hard enough to ensure we will no longer tolerate second rate. 

Not second rate direction and  investment, not second rate management and certainly not second rate players to represent that jersey. We simply must find a way to unite and get this club back where it belongs otherwise what's the point of all the pain of the last few years. I'm afraid to say that responsibility starts and ends with us the support. 

What we witness today like it or lump it is down to apathy, not doing enough to affect change. People have come to power within this club on the back of promises. Promises that thus far have been broken and yet still we continue to take it. The Portuguese option has now come and gone and what have we learned since the last debacle? Sweet f a, that's what. 

There surely must come a time when we as the fans of Glasgow Rangers take the bull by the horns and make enough noise that the decision makers at Ibrox cannot ignore it. If they do then it's on us once more to force them out and regrettably we go again with a change of regime. What we cannot do is stumble on as we are. This is way way past embarrassing and for the sake of all the great people and achievements associated with Rangers in years gone by we need to look ourselves in the mirror. 

It's all good and well saying that it's the supports fault for being apathetic, even if that is the case please tell me how can the support actually change things in the boardroom if the incumbents don't want to be removed, it was different back in the days when it was mostly pay at the gate, back then the supporters stayed away and could force the board into either quitting or invest more money, so to a point the support could effect change and very often did, but with the advent of the stadium being almost completely all season ticket holders, once the money is in then it's not that easy if not impossible for the support to change anything, so really I'm not sure how you expect the support to effect any change mid season, if the board aren't willing or can't afford any more investment what can the support realistically do?

13 minutes ago, slimjim1690 said:

It's all good and well saying that it's the supports fault for being apathetic, even if that is the case please tell me how can the support actually change things in the boardroom if the incumbents don't want to be removed, it was different back in the days when it was mostly pay at the gate, back then the supporters stayed away and could force the board into either quitting or invest more money, so to a point the support could effect change and very often did, but with the advent of the stadium being almost completely all season ticket holders, once the money is in then it's not that easy if not impossible for the support to change anything, so really I'm not sure how you expect the support to effect any change mid season, if the board aren't willing or can't afford any more investment what can the support realistically do?

I get what you're saying really I do,  but though it pains me to say it Im forced to mention the taigs across the city. For all their faults and nobody is keener to point them out than me, I still have a reluctant admiration for how they managed to unite and overthrow their old board. 

Now understand I don't want to turn this thread round and give them any undue  credit but there are parallels there none the less.   What really grinds my gears is the thought that a bunch of jumped up bead rattling bastards can trump our support when it comes to getting things done. I know in my heart of hearts if they can do it we sure as fuck can do it but we really do need to ramp this up now. 

4 minutes ago, Gazza1212 said:

I get what you're saying really I do,  but though it pains me to say it Im forced to mention the taigs across the city. For all their faults and nobody is keener to point them out than me, I still have a reluctant admiration for how they managed to unite and overthrow their old board. 

Now understand I don't want to turn this thread round and give them any undue  credit but there are parallels there none the less.   What really grinds my gears is the thought that a bunch of jumped up bead rattling bastards can trump our support when it comes to getting things done. I know in my heart of hearts if they can do it we sure as fuck can do it but we really do need to ramp this up now. 

They brought about change by not buying season tickets so there sheds were empty, that is the only way it can be done by not buying season tickets, is our support willing to do this though, it's the only real weapon supporters have.

It just dawned on me too when I was out my nighttime run there ..

That wee rapid bheast McKinnon in that Hamilton team I played with him in midfield and against him at various points at 14/15/16 ... decent player but not that much better than most of the rest of us and there he is in a midfield beating Rangers at Ibrox ... it's a fucking thought alright and also makes you wonder where we could have been if we stuck in ourselves ... I know that's something a lot of ex-players say but it is true when you really think about it ... don't like the guy but fair play to him he stuck in and went to juniors and got his break but it makes you wonder.

Dougie Imrie and Darrion fucking McKinnon in a winning midfield at Ibrox against Rangers.

10 minutes ago, slimjim1690 said:

They brought about change by not buying season tickets so there sheds were empty, that is the only way it can be done by not buying season tickets, is our support willing to do this though, it's the only real weapon supporters have.

They sucked up the bad times for years and years till they had got to the point where they 'd had enough and then  managed to usher in people willing to invest in them.  This is my point really. When do we say we've had enough of failure to compete and invest. Of course financial times have changed but at the same time there has never been so much money in football. The trick is to find the right people with the means to return us to where we belong. 

2 hours ago, FlashHarryForrester said:

Hamilton haven't won here since 1926 in the league.......

Records tumbling.

So basically unless we had a fan at Ibrox today in their late 90s then this will have been the first time anyone of near 50000 have seen a Hamilton league wn.  Truly shocking statistic that sums up the state of our club.

1 hour ago, andyhrfc said:

So basically unless we had a fan at Ibrox today in their late 90s then this will have been the first time anyone of near 50000 have seen a Hamilton league wn.  Truly shocking statistic that sums up the state of our club.

Bill Struth was our manager that's how long ago it was.

5 hours ago, Bakbear said:

Can’t help feeling that the board are looking at the cheapest option. McLaren suggested in the commentary today that Murty will get til the end of the season until the managerial target is available. Heaven fucking help us 

So who’s the target we have our eye on?

And things move fast in football.

Take Moyes (I know nobody’s choice on here).

Name entered the frame but he’s been snapped up, while we’re compiling short lists.

4 hours ago, slimjim1690 said:

It worked for us last time, didn’t it?

16 hours ago, Bakbear said:

Can’t help feeling that the board are looking at the cheapest option. McLaren suggested in the commentary today that Murty will get til the end of the season until the managerial target is available. Heaven fucking help us 

I really hope that's untrue, that would be another season of "gelling"

gelling = write off.

Just now, Gaffbear said:

Like Wilson hodson Miller windass holt .. like that shite who cost us yesterday 

Warburtons and Pedros shite 

whats your point? They are all shite - management and players alike there’s zero ambition at the club 

My point I thought was obvious . He got chased because everyone thought he was shite and our players needed better guidance.  Bottom line is were still suffering Warburtons pish and our only shining lights are what Pedro brought in .. morellos candeias jack and mccrorie ( his nightmare aside). 

I' not saying he should still be manager all I'm saying he was still bound down with previous regimes dross . 

The huge majority of players in the premier league are good to very good talented footballers. The  big difference in them is attitude and ability to play at the highest level and meet the expectations of 50000 screaming fans. Case in point, and perhaps proof, is what happened at the piggery when brenda took over. Roughly the same players are unbeaten in scottish football for 18 mths. Now the same goes for all teams in the league. Players now line up against us almost expecting to win. They no longer fear us and unfortunately no longer respect us. Managers are instilling belief in them that they can beat us. Look at the motherwell game and to a lesser extent yesterday, we were fucking bullied. Now that is a managers job. Get the attitude correct and the natural talents will come out. I firmly believe we have some talented players, excepting hodson and windass, who can do the business and can be a foundation for the future. However we need a manager to bring that out and it aint GM. 70 mins before he made a change yesterday. FFS. Why no Alves on bench? McCrorie and Wilson was always going to be a gamble. Alves has that winning attitude. Like the op I drove home last night just about as low as you can get. We need this managerial position settled immediately.  

I agree this is the lowest point.  At least after being demoted, we were working towards something and there was a sense that things could only get better.

However, they haven't.

Watching an average Bheggars team totally dominate  - and knowing that we can't lay a glove on them  - is totally dis-spiriting.

Things are now so low that may Bears are actually relieved that it's Motherwell facing the Yahoos in next week's League Cup Final. At least they will put up a fight - if we were facing them I would fear a re-run (or worse) of 1957....