Windass.

tannerall

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, don logan said:

His run for the goal was fantastic. Out muscled and out paced Logan with extreme ease.

as i said in another thread he is finally getting played in a position that suits him and not stuck on the left wing he can be a goal threat but needs to show more consistency

6 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

So happy for him. Deserves it for all the shite he takes.

He looks to be turning it around maybe  realising 10 minutes of excellence per game is not enough. his ability was never in question his consistency and mental toughness was, all the better for us if he can maintain form, that goal was a beauty as the clip above demonstrates.

Fair play to Tav as well who breaks it up leaving a few sheep in his wake before passing to Candias.

36 minutes ago, billscott said:

as i said in another thread he is finally getting played in a position that suits him and not stuck on the left wing he can be a goal threat but needs to show more consistency

Agree with you, but just going to point out he scored this when we went down to ten men and was put out on the left.... ;) 

Great win today

8 minutes ago, StuProv said:

Agree with you, but just going to point out he scored this when we went down to ten men and was put out on the left.... ;) 

Great win today

He's on the penalty spot when he scores. When he's played left he wouldn't have gone in there.

I think what people need to remember is that he came to us as a fairly young player having been used to playing for Accrington Stanley in the fourth tier in England. It’s a huge step up and it was always going to take time for him to adapt to the step up. It looks like he’s doing that now and hopefully he can carry it on.

18 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

I'd honestly give him a contract extension so long as he can keep up this form. 5 goals and 3 assists, that's brilliant. 

Only paid 100k for him and has taken time due to injury and position fucking about, but right now there's no reason why he shouldn't be starting. 

I think he's got a 3 1/2 million buy out clause, think he could be worth more if he keeps improving.

Slate the guy more than anyone but 5 goals and 3 assists is what roughly what Mckay got last season was it not?

He’s a more than capable player to start every other game but I would rather he had someone else ahead of him to relieve the pressure to perform every week to a high standard as for a winger especially of his age that’s impossible.

23 minutes ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

Slate the guy more than anyone but 5 goals and 3 assists is what roughly what Mckay got last season was it not?

He’s a more than capable player to start every other game but I would rather he had someone else ahead of him to relieve the pressure to perform every week to a high standard as for a winger especially of his age that’s impossible.

McKay got 5 goals and 4 assists in the league last season (6 and 11 in all competitions).

This season (so far) Windass has 5 goals and 3 assists in all competitions; all from league appearances. 

To allow a better comparison; McKay played 46 games in all competitions last season, Windass has played 19 this year.