Windass.

tannerall

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

McKay got 5 goals and 4Ā assists in the league last season (6 and 11 in all competitions).

This season (so far) Windass has 5 goals and 3 assists in all competitions; all from league appearances.Ā 

To allow a better comparison; McKay played 46 games in all competitions last season, Windass has played 19 this year.

Puts things into perspective, we can all rant and rave about potential but it means fuck all if Windass has already contributed more meaningfullyĀ this season than Mckay did last.

Canā€™t reallyĀ remember McKay scoring a crucial goal at a crucial time since we got back to the premiership either, Windass can atleast claim that, needs someone ahead of him but Iā€™d be more than happy if he was rotated every other game, as long as he continues to improve that is, time will tell if thatā€™s the case.

Ā 

6 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

I'll be perfectly honest, i am a big critic of Windass but i think he has played well the last few games.

Could this be because he is getting a run where he wants to play and not shunted out left?

I fuckin hate Windass because of his spiceboy look at me im a professional football player attitude.

But he does seem to be improving at long last (although he has given us a few false dawns previously).

If he keeps it up i might even join in with the Josh Windass sash song because i actually like it. Its his performances that hold me back.

4 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

I fuckin hate Windass because of his spiceboy look at me im a professional football player attitude.

But he does seem to be improving at long last (although he has given us a few false dawns previously).

If he keeps it up i might even join in with the Josh Windass sash song because i actually like it. Its his performances that hold me back.

Yes his attitude is questionable but if he knuckles down and realises the opportunity he has at Rangers then maybe, just maybe he can become a key player in future.

Not getting too carried away just yet though.

55 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

I'll be perfectly honest, i am a big critic of Windass but i think he has played well the last few games.

Could this be because he is getting a run where he wants to play and not shunted out left?

I'm the same. Not going to get carried away either. He still needs to do more for me, as encouraging as it's been the last few games.

He also should never be shunted out left and told to stay there. He is invisible out there and he's been a lot better centrally.

13 hours ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Ā 

And just to show the current form, 4 of the goals and 1 assist have all been in the last 6 games (since murty took charge) probably because he is being asked to play where he wants to play.Ā 

I was his biggest critic for a long time but heā€™s starting to convince me he could be a real player for us.Ā 

Saying that read somewhere Wigan are looking at him for January.Ā 

19 minutes ago, couchman15 said:

And just to show the current form, 4 of the goals and 1 assist have all been in the last 6 games (since murty took charge) probably because he is being asked to play where he wants to play.Ā 

I was his biggest critic for a long time but heā€™s starting to convince me he could be a real player for us.Ā 

Saying that read somewhere Wigan are looking at him for January.Ā 

If a new manager comes in and pushes him back to his unfavoured left mid position then he will jump and go to Wigan.

His ratios are improving as he gets played in a better position. Other players have played left, right and centre and not look convincing enough in either.

Ā 

Is ok for maybe 20 seconds in a game. Don't get all this adulation that he terrrorises opposition defences with his speed. He's an embarrassing shitebag. Ā Scored a couple of decent goals but what about the dozens of sitters he's missed, including 4 in the semi-final? Fuckin Garner-esque if you ask me.

2 minutes ago, ronniescu said:

Is ok for maybe 20 seconds in a game. Don't get all this adulation that he terrrorises opposition defences with his speed. He's an embarrassing shitebag. Ā Scored a couple of decent goals but what about the dozens of sitters he's missed, including 4 in the semi-final? Fuckin Garner-esque if you ask me.

We didn't ask you though.

3 minutes ago, ronniescu said:

You ever played in a back line that's faced some cunt with loads of pace who never stops running?