Windass.

tannerall

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always backed him. :whistle:

He is a good player. The "barrie mckay is pish" types will never fully come round to rating him no matter what he does, simply because his main weakness, tackling, is craved so much in Scottish football. 

Surprise, surprise when he is played in his natural position he excels. Thats him now the joint 4th top scorer in the country with 6 goals (and 3 assists). Keep it coming Josh. 

What was it? 100k? Steal.

10 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

Misses the Motherwell game due to his stupid booking though 

Might be a blessing in disguise as the game is in the midweek before the OF game so it's a rest for him, he'll be an important player when we take on they cunts.

People seem to think a player worth is entirely measured by what they do on the ball. I'm not making the he's alright cos he runs about a bit argument at all. It's his movement off the ball when we have the ball that is telling. He's always on the move, always an option and plays with his head up.

Said before and I'll say it again, we don't have a pot of gold so fuck it lets make the best of what we have.

5 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Might be a blessing in disguise as the game is in the midweek before the OF game so it's a rest for him, he'll be an important player when we take on they cunts.

I can honestly see him putting them to the sword. Its whether the players behind him can keep the door shut for 90 minutes thats up for debate.

Just now, Getstiffed said:

People seem to think a player worth is entirely measured by what they do on the ball. I'm not making the he's alright cos he runs about a bit argument at all. It's his movement off the ball when we have the ball that is telling. He's always on the move, always an option and plays with his head up.

Said before and I'll say it again, we don't have a pot of gold so fuck it lets make the best of what we have.

It's much the same with Pena, they have strengths to their game that aren't immediately obvious however too many players like that in the team and we really struggle.

4 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

Him and Morelos up top looks very tasty!

I know he scored pretty much coming off from the left last night but he has to be used as a striker now.

His goal came from play in the middle of the park

giphy.gif

EDIT: The touch from Holt to play him through was superb

2 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

His goal came from play in the middle of the park

giphy.gif

EDIT: The touch from Holt to play him through was superb

Yes you're right!

It was the only time after Miller went off he managed to get into one of those central positions though. His position in the formation was on the left at that point but for the goal he was central. I should have been a bit more clearer!

He's proving all of us wrong. I'm not convinced that Murty should be our future manager but you can't argue that he's improving our current players and getting them to play at their potential. 

Windass now 4th top scorer in the league, only behind Alfredo, Sinclair and Moult. That's pretty good company to be keeping...

How long has it been since we had two young strikers banging goals in? Both Windass and Morelos are up the top end of the scoring charts, was delighted to see them both score last night. 

Josh has the pace, Buffalo has the power, they both know where the onion bag is. Could be the start of a cracking partnership, here's hoping.

10 hours ago, PRW. said:

Always backed him. :whistle:

He is a good player. The "barrie mckay is pish" types will never fully come round to rating him no matter what he does, simply because his main weakness, tackling, is craved so much in Scottish football. 

Surprise, surprise when he is played in his natural position he excels. Thats him now the joint 4th top scorer in the country with 6 goals (and 3 assists). Keep it coming Josh. 

What was it? 100k? Steal.

We seem to have a few who can be considered steals now IMO.

Windass 100k

Holt 60k

Tavernier 200k

Foderingham FREE

Maybe Warburton was actually a better judge of player than we thought he was. Wait, I’ve taken that too far haven’t I? :lol: 

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

We seem to have a few who can be considered steals now IMO.

Windass 100k

Holt 60k

Tavernier 200k

Foderingham FREE

Maybe Warburton was actually a better judge of player than we thought he was. Wait, I’ve taken that too far haven’t I? :lol: 

Hi Frank!