Burst the Bank Dave

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

Correct. I’ve said to my dad countless times over the years you’re a spoilt bastard. You watched Mark Hateley, McCoist, Gazza, Laudrup, I’ve had to put up with Jon Daly, Josh Windass and a 90 year old Kenny Miller. 

Everytime he genuinely sits and reflects on what I’ve said and realises just how far we’ve sunk

When I first went to watch Rangers we had players like

Caldow

Greig

McKinnon

Baxter

Henderson

Forrest

Stein

But still I can console myself that none of them had natty hair bands like Windass.:anger:

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Big Al II said:

Not sure, is his position as a director up for vote?

Duno I'm not currently a share holder. Hopefully buy some next time they are on issue. I seen one of the resolution's for the AGM would allow the board to sell up to a major investor

1 hour ago, gersandy said:

Any shareholder can provide investment. So far, Parks provided us with upwards of £9 million this season. 

We need a new manager in. Got to be McInnes. He needs 2 to 3 seasons to build a team with no pressure.

Us fans have to be realistic here.

Seriously ?  Where the fuck did that go then ?

2 hours ago, gersandy said:

Any shareholder can provide investment. So far, Parks provided us with upwards of £9 million this season. 

We need a new manager in. Got to be McInnes. He needs 2 to 3 seasons to build a team with no pressure.

Us fans have to be realistic here.

Did it say in the accounts Park put in 9 million this season or is it your own calculations? 

You mention being realistic - here’s the realism - how can a club where one director has pumped 9 million alone into the club this season not expect to be sat better then 4th after getting pumped at home to Hamilton? People throw terms like realism about without being realistic themselves 

1 hour ago, Wullies_bowly_legs said:

When I first went to watch Rangers we had players like

Caldow

Greig

McKinnon

Baxter

Henderson

Forrest

Stein

But still I can console myself that none of them had natty hair bands like Windass.:anger:

Of course I'd like to have seen Baxter, but would have loved to have seen  Davie Whyte, Henderson, and Caldow. I had an aunt who used to rave about how good Henderson was; she never showed an interest in football, or commented on any player, but her and my uncle used to go matches back then, and that was the player.

2 hours ago, Smile said:

He just paid 3 million to Ashley to pretend he won the Court case he didn't state it was to keep him and his wee useless Buddy out of Court.

He paid fuck all. Rangers paid. Anyone who thinks he gives a shite about us is a gullible fool. 

3 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Did it say in the accounts Park put in 9 million this season or is it your own calculations? 

You mention being realistic - here’s the realism - how can a club where one director has pumped 9 million alone into the club this season not expect to be sat better then 4th after getting pumped at home to Hamilton? People throw terms like realism about without being realistic themselves 

I think it will show up on next years accounts.

3 hours ago, Turnberry18 said:

Of course I'd like to have seen Baxter, but would have loved to have seen  Davie Whyte, Henderson, and Caldow. I had an aunt who used to rave about how good Henderson was; she never showed an interest in football, or commented on any player, but her and my uncle used to go matches back then, and that was the player.

Wee Willie always been my favourite player even in a team of stars back then. Can honestly say I have never seen anyone quicker from a standing start than Willie. Would be past the left back and hit the bye line before they realised he'd gone. He had plenty of trickery too, could hit a great shot and could put the ball on the proverbial sixpence.

Even he could do very little for a team like todays.

4 minutes ago, Wullies_bowly_legs said:

Wee Willie always been my favourite player even in a team of stars back then. Can honestly say I have never seen anyone quicker from a standing start than Willie. Would be past the left back and hit the bye line before they realised he'd gone. He had plenty of trickery too, could hit a great shot and could put the ball on the proverbial sixpence.

Even he could do very little for a team like todays.

The guy that did the half time draw looked as if he was in good enough shape to do us a turn still!

18 hours ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

Either burst the bank and appoint a proven manager with a transfer budget to get us back to the Rangers we expect or get to fuck, AGM is in a few weeks so either do what's right or go and take the clueless cunts that sit alongside you (when you turn up) too

This is just the type of reaction we don’t need! Have we learnt nothing about excess spending and the cost of that. Where do you think we get this bottomless pit of money? 

The fans power the club but it’s not enough to fuel our immediate ambitions - we have just sorted out the commercial deal, we have just put a scouting network into place but those things take time to filter through. There is no sugar daddy awaiting in the wings and even if there was do we really want to go down that route again? 

This is a long term program and it’s never going to be a smooth easy progression but ‘busting’ the bank is a one off gamble we must not take. Yes we need the right manager but we need a lot more than that but we must learn past lessons and work within our means. 

6 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

This is just the type of reaction we don’t need! Have we learnt nothing about excess spending and the cost of that. Where do you think we get this bottomless pit of money? 

The fans power the club but it’s not enough to fuel our immediate ambitions - we have just sorted out the commercial deal, we have just put a scouting network into place but those things take time to filter through. There is no sugar daddy awaiting in the wings and even if there was do we really want to go down that route again? 

This is a long term program and it’s never going to be a smooth easy progression but ‘busting’ the bank is a one off gamble we must not take. Yes we need the right manager but we need a lot more than that but we must learn past lessons and work within our means. 

So basically don’t spend any of the promised King millions because they don’t exist. Okay gotcha.

28 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Excess spending didn’t get us into this mess though - we were servicing debt and turning small profits in the accounts 

it was a fraudulent takeover and the withholding of tax that sunk us 

not withstanding the need to speculate to accumulate - do you even want a successful Rangers? I sometimes wonder 

37 minutes ago, eosmhdo said:

So basically don’t spend any of the promised King millions because they don’t exist. Okay gotcha.

I think you’ll find he is investing and investing over a period of time - I don’t know if he is the man to lead us but he is (slowly) sorting out out the club infrastructure and deals and seems to be doing so in a sustainable manner. What do you want to do? Go back to using debt to chase our dreams and leave us exposed to this all happening again ? 

We all want a winning team on the park - risking the long term viability if the club is not the way to do it. 

2 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

I think you’ll find he is investing and investing over a period of time - I don’t know if he is the man to lead us but he is (slowly) sorting out out the club infrastructure and deals and seems to be doing so in a sustainable manner. What do you want to do? Go back to using debt to chase our dreams and leave us exposed to this all happening again ? 

We all want a winning team on the park - risking the long term viability if the club is not the way to do it. 

Wit? Lol. He’s invested 3.7 million in 2.5 years. In 30 months he’s invested 123 grand a month. 

The others have given us it in loans which is debt which is £20 million so don’t give us that pish he’s sorting us out. Were in debt and the dream were chasing is 3rd because of Dave and his car salesman tactics with Robertson getting hoodwinked by every idiot manager under the sun.  

19 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Excess spending didn’t get us into this mess though - we were servicing debt and turning small profits in the accounts 

it was a fraudulent takeover and the withholding of tax that sunk us 

not withstanding the need to speculate to accumulate - do you even want a successful Rangers? I sometimes wonder 

We all want a successful Rangers - but first has to be a sustainable Rangers. 

Your right The fraudulent takeover did sink us and that is because SDM put us in that position by using debt to fund our spending - without that excess there is no fraudulent takeover - no pressure from Lloyd’s,  no Craig White, no Charles green. That period ripped the club infrastructure apart and we are still paying the price. No squad, no scouting, no commercial deals. As we are finding it takes time to recover from those financial issues. 

Just now, Prso's headband said:

Wit? Lol. He’s invested 3.7 million in 2.5 years. In 30 months he’s invested 123 grand a month. 

The others have given us it in loans which is debt which is £20 million so don’t give us that pish he’s sorting us out. Were in debt and the dream were chasing is 3rd because of Dave and his car salesman tactics with Robertson getting hoodwinked by every idiot manager under the sun.  

We all know ( believe) the debt is to be in for a debt equity swap once we stort out the corporate shite that prevents that. King is putting in the levels of cash that we need to operate -  even using your own figures finding £3.7m  and getting folk to stump up £20m in soft loans for a Scots football club is no small undertaking. I don’t think there are many waiting in the wings to take over. 

Robertson may not be the man to pick a manager - that’s what Allen is for - I await to see what that brings.