Burst the Bank Dave

8 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

What corporate shite exactly? They’ve had 2.5 years to sort things and were in more debt than ever and keeping the lights on, on a quarterly basis. 

Rangers businessmen in Rangers are the absolute fucking worst. They all claim they want what’s best but they’re acting like they don’t care and never will. They’re imposters

Not a single one of them is a businessman 

We have plotless and potless cunts. Fuck this fucking board

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

So basically you ‘hope’ there will be an investor - ‘hope’ there is some one to take over? You seeem to advocate hounding the current group in the ‘hope’ they can be replaced? That’s a fairly poor financial plan. 

More of an aspiration than a plan.    In my view there is nothing wrong in living in hope that there are far better equipped investors and more appropriate leaders out there who might one day be attracted to restoring the Club more firmly and more quickly.            

The current reality of course is to sit patiently or otherwise and wait for King and his cohorts to finally find a manager that can do the job that needs to be done at Ibrox, and finally manage to find enough funds for whichever manager they pick to get the players needed to compete to the point of winning title 55, and to finally put the Club on a financial footing beyond living from hand to mouth each season.    My judgement on things as they are these days is it will be a very long wait for title 55 under a King-led board.     

9 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

On what do you base that Robertson is out of his depth? 

His CV comprises of running Motherwell where he was in charge of a much smaller budget so would not have experience of attracting major sponsors or signing major deals. Similar his experience of signing players there will have been those on a free and at most a few k a month. Prior to that he worked for John Boyle directly. It just sums up our board when they think appointing a MD of a small provincial club to a huge club with the remit to increase turnover by 10s millions would ever work.

8 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

More of an aspiration than a plan.    In my view there is nothing wrong in living in hope that there are far better equipped investors and more appropriate leaders out there who might one day be attracted to restoring the Club more firmly and more quickly.            

The current reality of course is to sit patiently or otherwise and wait for King and his cohorts to finally find a manager that can do the job that needs to be done at Ibrox, and finally manage to find enough funds for whichever manager they pick to get the players needed to compete to the point of winning title 55, and to finally put the Club on a financial footing beyond living from hand to mouth each season.    My judgement on things as they are these days is it will be a very long wait for title 55 under a King-led board.     

I think we actually agree on a lot of points - in the absence of someone with big money ( and yes I suppose we all live in hope) the only alternate is patience - no matter who the manager is we need to give them time to improve the quality of the squad - wether it is buying young  players like Morelos in the hope of developing them or our academy, and supplementing them with quality players at end of careeer ( alves Miller) - and that means players like windlass, who is no laudrup or even a McCann but he is the level we can afford. Decent but not what we ‘want’.

our new manager needs time - and that time is not 3-4 weeks but 3-4 seasons but as a support we can’t tolerate any defeats in that time. That’s the issue that needs addressed, patience. 

35 minutes ago, gj923 said:

His CV comprises of running Motherwell where he was in charge of a much smaller budget so would not have experience of attracting major sponsors or signing major deals. Similar his experience of signing players there will have been those on a free and at most a few k a month. Prior to that he worked for John Boyle directly. It just sums up our board when they think appointing a MD of a small provincial club to a huge club with the remit to increase turnover by 10s millions would ever work.

So your saying a man who has learnt his trade in retail and a smaller club can’t step up? 

I have no idea how competent Robertson is - but neither do you. In fact if we were winning on the pitch no one would even be discussing this 

35 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

In fact if we were winning on the pitch no one would even be discussing this 

But the fact is- we are not winning on the pitch.

This despite massively outspending everyone bar the beggars, this shows that Robertson and every other board member are out their depth at running our club, Warburton used to bang on about getting value, can you see what value we are getting as a club through recruitment? I can't.

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

So your saying a man who has learnt his trade in retail and a smaller club can’t step up? 

I have no idea how competent Robertson is - but neither do you. In fact if we were winning on the pitch no one would even be discussing this 

I would hope we would still be discussing the fact that 2.5 years down the road no major commercial or sponsorship deal has been landed by this board. The truth is none of us have any idea what the majority of out board do as other than poor management and player recruitment we have no evidence of what improvements they have made. Come the AGM I can pretty much guarantee some noises will be made about how Ashley held us back and how we will make zillions selling tops now. However no figures will be given as absolutely no one in the club has a clue massively grow the retail side. What about a new shirt sponsor? I can hazard a guess it will be the same one and it will probably be about the same as some other SPL clubs make. 

On 18/11/2017 at 18:59, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

I honestly have no idea, someone who knows how to get the best out of a squad and win games. My choice has always been Harry Redknapp but I don't think he is right. 

Harry Redknapp would've been perfect for our situation years ago. But, if no English club can get him. We certainly can't. Besides the fact he's too old now. 

In comparison to other clubs we have 'burst the bank' in the summer but it was left to an under qualified nobody of a manager to spend the money. 

A couple players are not bad but on the whole the money spent should see us comfortably in 2nd.

However we're arguably only the 4th best team in the land. 

Worry now, especially with our financial figures showing a loss can we give our new manager the same spending money as Caixinha, will he get it right? 

Will our new manager be shoestrung and be against the ropes from the get go? Probably. 

23 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

We all want a successful Rangers - but first has to be a sustainable Rangers. 

if money is put into the club to challenge for the title then it is sustainable - the payback will be gretaer than the expenditure. If i want to make money via investing then i need to spend to get the bigger retunrs, otrherwise i make shit on my money and someone else who was willing ot spend to get that return is runinng waway with the spoils instead of me.

4 hours ago, plumbGER said:

But the fact is- we are not winning on the pitch.

This despite massively outspending everyone bar the beggars, this shows that Robertson and every other board member are out their depth at running our club, Warburton used to bang on about getting value, can you see what value we are getting as a club through recruitment? I can't.

I suppose I’m not as impatient as some in that I think we have a stronger squad with some decent players and over time and transitioning one or two we grow stronger. I don’t see this as the work of a few weeks or even months but seasons. I know that’s unpalatable to many but it’s what I seee as reality 

1 minute ago, Bluepeter9 said:

I suppose I’m not as impatient as some in that I think we have a stronger squad with some decent players and over time and transitioning one or two we grow stronger. I don’t see this as the work of a few weeks or even months but seasons. I know that’s unpalatable to many but it’s what I seee as reality 

We've been at this for 6 fucking years and keep making the same ridiculous mistakes in terms of player signings and managerial appointments but you think the answer to it all is giving the wrong people more time or something.

Baffling. 

4 hours ago, gj923 said:

I would hope we would still be discussing the fact that 2.5 years down the road no major commercial or sponsorship deal has been landed by this board. The truth is none of us have any idea what the majority of out board do as other than poor management and player recruitment we have no evidence of what improvements they have made. Come the AGM I can pretty much guarantee some noises will be made about how Ashley held us back and how we will make zillions selling tops now. However no figures will be given as absolutely no one in the club has a clue massively grow the retail side. What about a new shirt sponsor? I can hazard a guess it will be the same one and it will probably be about the same as some other SPL clubs make. 

Well some of that is true but we have only got out from under Ashley, we have only just got a scouting network in place. I think the current squad is better than last years crop. 

Our shirt sponsorship deal - once sorted will be 2nd to the great unwashed but better than every other spl team - once in place. 

37 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

if money is put into the club to challenge for the title then it is sustainable - the payback will be gretaer than the expenditure. If i want to make money via investing then i need to spend to get the bigger retunrs, otrherwise i make shit on my money and someone else who was willing ot spend to get that return is runinng waway with the spoils instead of me.

Any investment carries risk / reward. This club should never again be out at risk financially so there is a limit to how much we can invest in any given time period. We therefore wil have slower growth than many want but at least it’s sustainable. 

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

We've been at this for 6 fucking years and keep making the same ridiculous mistakes in terms of player signings and managerial appointments but you think the answer to it all is giving the wrong people more time or something.

Baffling. 

No one knows who the right people / person is - hindsight is a wonderful thing as one never gets it wrong looking back. 

Anyone that thinks any manager is just going to come here, wave a tactical magic wand and ‘hey presto -WE’RE BACK’ is deluded. This is a long term project. Folk don’t like that but that’s the way I see it. 

14 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Any investment carries risk / reward. This club should never again be out at risk financially so there is a limit to how much we can invest in any given time period. We therefore wil have slower growth than many want but at least it’s sustainable. 

where is the growth since King & Co came in exactly?

1 minute ago, Bluepeter9 said:

No one knows who the right people / person is - hindsight is a wonderful thing as one never gets it wrong looking back. 

Anyone that thinks any manager is just going to come here, wave a tactical magic wand and ‘hey presto -WE’RE BACK’ is deluded. This is a long term project. Folk don’t like that but that’s the way I see it. 

RE: Long term project

I can't see what you are seeing from the process so far, I would like to understand your point of view.

Please in your opinion, could you outline the steps that have been taken for this long term project onfield/off field so far?  It seems to me  the board are winging it and have no plan that  has been set in stone 

3 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

where is the growth since King & Co came in exactly?

Our wage bill and debt has grown does that count?

Other than that I would argue that the growth in turnover has been as a result of increased season books, increased prices for them books and the natural increase in revenue from being in a higher division from away fans and tv deals.

3 minutes ago, gj923 said:

Our wage bill and debt has grown does that count?

Other than that I would argue that the growth in turnover has been as a result of increased season books, increased prices for them books and the natural increase in revenue from being in a higher division from away fans and tv deals.

True, so why have we gone from owing 5m to 20m when there has been increased revenue?

25 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Quite possibly. That does not make me wrong however. 

You've never been right on here for as long as I can remember. 

Constantly backed McCoist. 

Warburton. 

Caixinha. 

And now you're doing it with the board surprise surprise. 

The fans were patient and gave our last three managers plenty of leeway to get things right and it never happened, so this notion that we don't give anybody enough time is absolute ballocks. 

We've been more than patient with the board, nearly 3 years they've been in charge for and all we've heard is "oh hey ho at least they're not as bad as the Easdales eh?" 

Get a fucking grip.