Burst the Bank Dave

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See if they actually came out and said, we have no money, we have to cut back and live within our means for a few years and hopefully progress the team by securing 2nd place, then I would accept it!

Living outwith our means and borrowing from Peter to pay Paul is exactly how we ended up in this mess in the first place.

A manager needs to appointed, whether that be McInnes or anyone else, and they need to be given time to get things organised. It cant be a foreign unknown that the press will take the piss out of again, or someone who doesnt know the league!

10 minutes ago, Del said:

See if they actually came out and said, we have no money, we have to cut back and live within our means for a few years and hopefully progress the team by securing 2nd place, then I would accept it!

Living outwith our means and borrowing from Peter to pay Paul is exactly how we ended up in this mess in the first place.

A manager needs to appointed, whether that be McInnes or anyone else, and they need to be given time to get things organised. It cant be a foreign unknown that the press will take the piss out of again, or someone who doesnt know the league!

I was thinking that myself, but how many season tickets would that sell, and at what price?

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

I was thinking that myself, but how many season tickets would that sell, and at what price?

I dont think there would be much of an impact to be honest!

We were sold a promise of 'going for 55', '£30m worth of investment' and so far we have had neither - not even close.

I know people at the moment that dont go because we are 'pish' and wont stop celtic. We need to forget about them and get our own club in order! We are playing football with a huge pressure to stop 10 in a row, when the reality is we will be lucky to even get close!

9 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

nada.

The board want their fair share of our money, they wouldn't have touched us otherwise. When we stop paying into their pockets they will sell up and bleed the next cow dry.

Rangers men my arse, businessmen are all sharks let's face it.

3 minutes ago, Del said:

I dont think there would be much of an impact to be honest!

We were sold a promise of 'going for 55', '£30m worth of investment' and so far we have had neither - not even close.

I know people at the moment that dont go because we are 'pish' and wont stop celtic. We need to forget about them and get our own club in order! We are playing football with a huge pressure to stop 10 in a row, when the reality is we will be lucky to even get close!

Fact is if they said we were not challenging or trying to win titles the stadium would be empty. They sold season books on a lie, they Do it every season. 

Just now, The Godfather said:

nada.

The board want their fair stair of our money, they wouldn't have touched us otherwise. When we stop paying into their pockets they will sell up and bleed the next cow dry.

I think the reality is hitting many of us now that this club is no way anywhere near challenging for the foreseeable future. 

7 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

A proven manager is a manager that is not untested

I thought the conversion rate was agreed prior to the loans being issued, I would be interested in seeing the loan agreements after the lack of transparency regarding paying MA 3m. 

One of the Director's loans came from King's company rather than from King personally. Presumably the conversion could still proceed if the resolution is passed.  it would just mean that there would be a corporate shareholder owning a larger chunk of the club. The Alternative is to repay King's company back in full and he could subscribe for new shares in his own name. Also is it not more tax efficient for him to give a directors loan for equity rather than a corporate loan for equity.

It’s irrelevant what entity owns the shares -  what’s important is control

re: manager- define tested? 

4 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

It’s irrelevant what entity owns the shares -  what’s important is control. 

re: manager- define tested?  

re: relevance  That comes into play when paying tax, keeping things above board and being honest with All shareholders. A directors loan for equity has a different tax rate on it than a corporate loan for equity. 

re: control This raises the question , WHO controls that 'entity. King is on record saying he has no control of NOAL. So who did the loan come from?  BHP etc are entities', still banned from voting because of not declaring WHO is said to own them . If they had done a loan for equity swap there would of been claims they were positioning themselves to do a leveraged buyout. If King has control then Is the directors loan really a corporate loan for equity swap?

re: manager- Your having a laugh, no more definitions!!!

11 hours ago, The Godfather said:

Fact is if they said we were not challenging or trying to win titles the stadium would be empty. They sold season books on a lie, they Do it every season. 

I disagree mate, it wouid remove a lot of the unrealistic expectations and although an element of the support was stop attending, I think we would still get 30k+ for most home games. 

It's expectation to win and beat supposed lesser teams that is holding us back at the moment! 

1 hour ago, Del said:

I disagree mate, it wouid remove a lot of the unrealistic expectations and although an element of the support was stop attending, I think we would still get 30k+ for most home games. 

It's expectation to win and beat supposed lesser teams that is holding us back at the moment! 

Sorry I don’t understand how the expectations of winning games of football is holding us back. That’s some good logic! 

3 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

re: relevance  That comes into play when paying tax, keeping things above board and being honest with All shareholders. A directors loan for equity has a different tax rate on it than a corporate loan for equity. 

re: control This raises the question , WHO controls that 'entity. King is on record saying he has no control of NOAL. So who did the loan come from?  BHP etc are entities', still banned from voting because of not declaring WHO is said to own them . If they had done a loan for equity swap there would of been claims they were positioning themselves to do a leveraged buyout. If King has control then Is the directors loan really a corporate loan for equity swap?

re: manager- Your having a laugh, no more definitions!!!

Would love to see any information you have on taxation of a debt to equity swap and the differences between a directors loan and a corporate loan in this regard. There are tax considerations like carry forward and loss relief but I live and learn so any info you have would on taxation - every day is a learning day! 

Re: manager - basically, like us all, you want one that will work but like most of us have no clue who that’s likely to be. 

16 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Sadly, the lack of money doesn't allow us to.

I'd be totally, but pleasantly shocked that all this time is being used to come up with a top manager. Howver I am more inclined to believe that the time is being used to try and secure the best of a bad buch from the same old shitey names due to lack of money.

I still think even after having blown so much money on the pedro fiasco we are still in the market for a decent manager because we are a big club and anyone knows if they can come up and here and turn over brenda it will be noticed down south 

5 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Would love to see any information you have on taxation of a debt to equity swap and the differences between a directors loan and a corporate loan in this regard. There are tax considerations like carry forward and loss relief but I live and learn so any info you have would on taxation - every day is a learning day! 

Re: manager - basically, like us all, you want one that will work but like most of us have no clue who that’s likely to be. 

I read an article a while back on 'UK tax traps' it basically said director loans for equity were exempt because they are connected to the company and can claim negative tax relief on their loans.  It went on to say the corporate debt for equity had to apply for tax exemption and that HMRC can withhold tax on the loan should a double tax treaty arise before the debt was satisfied and no interest was paid. so the tax rates are different one is exempt the other is liable for tax until the debt is satisfied and no interest is paid. 

The TAB report revealed a lot of information that RIFC shareholders weren't aware of.  King claimed he gave a Director's loans for equity but in court he said he does not have control of NOAL. So who are the individuals that  have done a debt for equity swap?  Presumably King's conversion could still go through should the resolution be passed but it would mean unknown shareholder/s of a corporate company owning a larger chunk of the club.

The Alternative is to repay the NOAL company back in full and King could subscribe for new shares in his own name. 

BHP etc are also unknown entities and are  banned from voting because of not declaring WHO is said to own them . If they had done a loan for equity swap there would have been claims they were positioning themselves to do a leveraged buyout.

If the club was registered on AIM then clarity would have been given for ALL shareholders as to these loans.

5 hours ago, Thermopylae said:

I still think even after having blown so much money on the pedro fiasco we are still in the market for a decent manager because we are a big club and anyone knows if they can come up and here and turn over brenda it will be noticed down south 

You are only as big as you balance sheet.

No one is turning over Brenda without money. What does need turned over is the vast amount of players who are simply not good enough and never will be, but there is no money to do that.

The law of diminishing returns has taken hold.

3 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

I read an article a while back on 'UK tax traps' it basically said director loans for equity were exempt because they are connected to the company and can claim negative tax relief on their loans.  It went on to say the corporate debt for equity had to apply for tax exemption and that HMRC can withhold tax on the loan should a double tax treaty arise before the debt was satisfied and no interest was paid. so the tax rates are different one is exempt the other is liable for tax until the debt is satisfied and no interest is paid. 

The TAB report revealed a lot of information that RIFC shareholders weren't aware of.  King claimed he gave a Director's loans for equity but in court he said he does not have control of NOAL. So who are the individuals that  have done a debt for equity swap?  Presumably King's conversion could still go through should the resolution be passed but it would mean unknown shareholder/s of a corporate company owning a larger chunk of the club.

The Alternative is to repay the NOAL company back in full and King could subscribe for new shares in his own name. 

BHP etc are also unknown entities and are  banned from voting because of not declaring WHO is said to own them . If they had done a loan for equity swap there would have been claims they were positioning themselves to do a leveraged buyout.

If the club was registered on AIM then clarity would have been given for ALL shareholders as to these loans.

Well every day is a learning day but that taught me nought. But thanks anyway. 

Heres to a manager we all like, and like for a good few years. 

On 11/21/2017 at 13:03, westenclosure2008 said:

Sorry I don’t understand how the expectations of winning games of football is holding us back. That’s some good logic! 

What part don't you understand mate?

Every team plays football to win, but people are unrealistically expecting us to roll over teams like Aberdeen, Motherwell, Hibs and beat/challenge celtic because its what we have always done, when we haven't earned that right yet!

Some people are so focused on stopping 10 in a row that they dont really care what we need to do to get there. We need to get our fucking shit together, build the team again and then aim to challenge but its not going to happen in a season or two.

On 21/11/2017 at 00:11, The Godfather said:

nada.

The board want their fair share of our money, they wouldn't have touched us otherwise. When we stop paying into their pockets they will sell up and bleed the next cow dry.

Every Cunts been the same since 2012 they saw an opportunity to make money Ashley with his retail deal when we were on our knees Green raising all the money then spunking the lot now this board keeping us ticking over till they cash out. 

Everybody wants a piece of the Pie. 

We have stupidly never cut cost and outgoings to match incoming money we employ unnecessary staff and never seem to budget.

On 23/11/2017 at 19:14, Del said:

What part don't you understand mate?

Every team plays football to win, but people are unrealistically expecting us to roll over teams like Aberdeen, Motherwell, Hibs and beat/challenge celtic because its what we have always done, when we haven't earned that right yet!

Some people are so focused on stopping 10 in a row that they dont really care what we need to do to get there. We need to get our fucking shit together, build the team again and then aim to challenge but its not going to happen in a season or two.

I get your point about rebuilding etc but it still doesn’t explain how expectations are holding us back. Surely the rebuild is to meet these expectations no? I’ve never once heard in any walk of life having high expectations holding anyone or anything back, quite the opposite in fact.

Anyway I have zero fucking expectations of that utter pish squad we have so we will be held back no longer.