Millions Wasted

five stars

8 minutes ago, berkshirebear said:

Mcleish will be more of the same rubbish. We need someone with a real drive and determination. We need someone who is going to revolutionise the club. Not sure who that is though..

So that's probably why we still don't have a manager in place.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, simplythebest said:

Had the spells in Belgium and Egypt more recently, been a bit since he managed in Britain 

I don't think I was ever really a fan of Alex, which doesn't seem right because he brought some good times and had a good measure of success, in difficult circumstances at times. However, he seemed to motivate players quite well. 

26 minutes ago, berkshirebear said:

Worse thing about Mccoist and what really fecks me off is he had the opportunity to blood youths in the 3rd division and chose to bring in dross like Black etc

The youths were shite though.

McCoist made a meal of it, but he wouldn’t have had the opportunity to if we had had proper leadership at the top then because they would have binned him for a manager who actually knew what he was doing when it came to building a team.

Leadership at the top was absent then and it’s still absent now.

39 minutes ago, five stars said:

Are we going to continue to waste millions on players?

Many fans have been critical of the board for not spending money, but the truth is we have spent money, just that our player recruitment has been shocking.

Looking back to our first season back in the top league. How much did we waste on the likes of Barton, Senderos and Kranjcar. A couple of million on wages?

And into this season Pena and Herrera, maybe 3 million plus on fees and wages.

That's 5 million for starters and I'm sure you can think of a few more who have been a waste of a money.

If that 5 million plus had been spent wisely we'd have a team capable of challenging for the league and winning a cup or two.

Whats the way forward, so we don't continue to make the same mistakes?

The question you want to be asking is not have we wasted millions, it’s why the current board aren’t providing the funds to allow us to compete.

15 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

The youths were shite though.

McCoist made a meal of it, but he wouldn’t have had the opportunity to if we had had proper leadership at the top then because they would have binned him for a manager who actually knew what he was doing when it came to building a team.

Leadership at the top was absent then and it’s still absent now.

The youths supplemented with a few experienced players would have been enough to win the 3rd division.

Considering our starting eleven today cost under 2 million to assemble,  it shows just how much we have blown on mediocre journeymen over the last 2 years, someone should be brought to book, after all its our money they are pissing away and the board must be held accountable for the catastrophe that was Pedro caxiniah. 

1 hour ago, berkshirebear said:

Worse thing about Mccoist and what really fecks me off is he had the opportunity to blood youths in the 3rd division and chose to bring in dross like Black etc

1 hour ago, Turnberry18 said:

In retrospect I think Ally and the club did itself no favours by having him manage in the lower leagues. This is only in hindsight, but this wasn't just about Rangers, this was how to manage a club in the lower leagues, and do it their way, only with better quality- these lower league teams know how to play young players, how to use veterans. Ally was the wrong man for the task. I'm not going to be harsh on anyone for that, because it was a new experience for us, but I just wish we had had someone there, and it should have been Walter possibly, to see that particular problem and act on it. We missed a very big chance right there, and an Eddie Howe type coach may have been the answer.

You're not goin to be harsh on Ally are u for real.......never introduced any players from the youths and instead wanted to win the leagues by 30 points when he could've built a young team who won the league by ten. Said this at the time and it's came back to haunt us......Ally is most definitely the man to blame everyone knows that. McInnes is the man we should have in now and we're still fekin about and will probably appoint another Ally, Warburton or Pedro and fek it up again

BTW this isn't with hindsight, it was obvious at the time

5 minutes ago, bil 65 said:

You're not goin to be harsh on Ally are u for real.......never introduced any players from the youths and instead wanted to win the leagues by 30 points when he could've built a young team who won the league by ten. Said this at the time and it's came back to haunt us......Ally is most definitely the man to blame everyone knows that. McInnes is the man we should have in now and we're still fekin about and will probably appoint another Ally, Warburton or Pedro and fek it up again

You haven't read my post properly. I am aware, like you, of Ally's lack of ability, but in hindsight those decisions would be easier to make now.

16 minutes ago, bil 65 said:

No matter what cunt we get as manager after 1 loss it will be the same old pish fae us.....sack him he's shite. McInnes would be absolutely mental taking this posion  chalice(were making it 1) without 40 million to spend 

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

You haven't read my post properly. I am aware, like you, of Ally's lack of ability, but in hindsight those decisions would be easier to make now.

Not trying to be smart but it was very obvious at the time but most Gers fans don't think outside the last couple of games and that was the case in the third Div when Lee Wallace had one good season against planks and was hailed as a world beater.

weve been renowned for thirty/ forty years for not giving young players a chance. Ally had a penalty kick at it and introduced nobody whilst raking in the cash. We can't blame the board for that it was Ally.

Any way it's where we go from here and I think McInnes is the most viable option although he's inheriting what Ally started 5 years ago.

Just now, bil 65 said:

Not trying to be smart but it was very obvious at the time but most Gers fans don't think outside the last couple of games and that was the case in the third Div when Lee Wallace had one good season against planks and was hailed as a world beater.

weve been renowned for thirty/ forty years for not giving young players a chance. Ally had a penalty kick at it and introduced nobody whilst raking in the cash. We can't blame the board for that it was Ally.

Any way it's where we go from here and I think McInnes is the most viable option although he's inheriting what Ally started 5 years ago.

What I trying, albeit not very well, is that with hindsight we would have appointed a coach more experienced with lower league football, he could have even come from lower leagues elsewhere. Ally was out of his depth about what it took at that level. I'm not say that Ally is another Lippi, but on the basis of managing in a Rangers team in the lower leagues he wasn't nuanced in how to deal with it. Maybe Stuart McCall would have been better, or someone like that.

7 minutes ago, kenny6131 said:

No matter what cunt we get as manager after 1 loss it will be the same old pish fae us.....sack him he's shite. McInnes would be absolutely mental taking this posion  chalice(were making it 1) without 40 million to spend 

I think that's the point....Allardyce and Pardew would offer little with our transfer kitty but McInnes knows how to work with a limited budget and squad.

However after all this time I wouldn't blame him if he told them to stick it.

1 hour ago, simplythebest said:

Whoever sanctioned the fee for Pena needs booted out asap

There doesn't seem to be any repercussions for constant failure above the team management level.

They are a bunch of arse coverers and shysters and need booted out or we will be forever in limbo, consigned to mediocrity. 

Think we had four reasonable standard outfield players in that team today. Those being Morelos, Tav, Candeias and McCrorie (not saying they played well today, which some definitely didn't, just that overall they're of a goodish standard, or that I have a feeling will prove to be so).

The rest are abominable excuses for Rangers players. 

It's not going to end well when you have six woefully sub standard footballers in your team. More if you include the subs.

Pedro and Warburton have pissed it away. Probably partly due to us not having a structure in place to ensure that the funds we had would be spent on well researched and considered purchases, rather than the hunches and judgements of the manager.