Millions Wasted

five stars

2 hours ago, berkshirebear said:

Worse thing about Mccoist and what really fecks me off is he had the opportunity to blood youths in the 3rd division and chose to bring in dross like Black etc

For all super ally wasnt the best manager people don't seem to get that if he played more of these youth players supplmented the kind of experienced shite that would play in the 3rd division such as like kevin kyle and john daly, this wouldn't have been good enough to get us out the division.

You can't just play players because they are young. Ask why 95% of these players have done nothing since they left??

So questions again should be asked of the youth set up rather than slagging off a legend unnecessarily (though I completely agree it was totally unnecessary to buy the likes of faure, cribari to back up the first team!!)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Terry McCann said:

For all super ally wasnt the best manager people don't seem to get that if he played more of these youth players supplmented the kind of experienced shite that would play in the 3rd division such as like kevin kyle and john daly, this wouldn't have been good enough to get us out the division.

You can't just play players because they are young. Ask why 95% of these players have done nothing since they left??

So questions again should be asked of the youth set up rather than slagging off a legend unnecessarily (though I completely agree it was totally unnecessary to buy the likes of faure, cribari to back up the first team!!)

Div 3 is awful. Our best youths and people like Wallace would have won the league.

43 minutes ago, bil 65 said:

I think that's the point....Allardyce and Pardew would offer little with our transfer kitty but McInnes knows how to work with a limited budget and squad.

However after all this time I wouldn't blame him if he told them to stick it.

So he gets the job signs 2 or 3 in January loses to the taigs and away at aberdeen.............sack the cunt he's shite will follow, then back on the roundabout for round 4

Said it all along after Pedro lost 2-0 against the filth going on 5 at Hampden then the 5-1 defeat going on 8 a few days later Pedro should have been sacked at the end of the season.

But the gutless board did not even sack him then and even when we got knocked out of Europe by  a pub team costing us at least another full house at Ibrox and a million quid never mind a crack at the group stages and a further ten million quid at least. 

We have went backwards since Warbs left as he saw the board had no ambition and anybody that thinks otherwise is kidding themselves on, If reported Pedro spent eight million quid then letting Barry McKay go for peanuts the decision to bring him here probably guaranteed at least nine in a row for the filth.  

Disgusted with the board as they are losers every single one of them, they have no ambition and no investment and should be nowhere near Ibrox as they are not up to the task of taking our great club forward. 

millions wasted but I feel we are now at a point were the next manager has to hit the ground running and he will have to get the current squad to start standing up and be counted,there is no more room for error.Who is the man to do this McInnes, De Boer WEE GIO belgian guy Preudhomme or Billy Davis I don't know but I pray he gets us back where we belomg

39 minutes ago, berkshirebear said:

The board messed up the appointment of Pedro but lets be honest we have spent a far amount of money considering our resources at the moment. 

How did they......the next 1 in will get Jan window 2/ 3 defeats and the sack him he's out his depth band wagon will begin

3 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Said it all along after Pedro lost 2-0 against the filth going on 5 at Hampden then the 5-1 defeat going on 8 a few days later Pedro should have been sacked at the end of the season.

But the gutless board did not even sack him then and even when we got knocked out of Europe by  a pub team costing us at least another full house at Ibrox and a million quid never mind a crack at the group stages and a further ten million quid at least. 

We have went backwards since Warbs left as he saw the board had no ambition and anybody that thinks otherwise is kidding themselves on, If reported Pedro spent eight million quid then letting Barry McKay go for peanuts the decision to bring him here probably guaranteed at least nine in a row for the filth.  

Disgusted with the board as they are losers every single one of them, they have no ambition and no investment and should be nowhere near Ibrox as they are not up to the task of taking our great club forward. 

This post is everything that's wrong with our support the next manager has no hope in hell........what has happened to us we should be backing the club no matter what, the current board the old manager never came to the club to fuck it up, reality is no cunt has hundreds of millions to pump in and get instant success until we as fans deal with that then we're going nowhere the job is a poisoned chalice due to the fans. The taigs were in the same position in the 90s and stuck by the club are we going to just implode every fucking bad result as that's what's happening it's fucking more humiliating listen to fellow bears greetin like demented cats every fucking game we don't win.

10 hours ago, kenny6131 said:

This post is everything that's wrong with our support the next manager has no hope in hell........what has happened to us we should be backing the club no matter what, the current board the old manager never came to the club to fuck it up, reality is no cunt has hundreds of millions to pump in and get instant success until we as fans deal with that then we're going nowhere the job is a poisoned chalice due to the fans. The taigs were in the same position in the 90s and stuck by the club are we going to just implode every fucking bad result as that's what's happening it's fucking more humiliating listen to fellow bears greetin like demented cats every fucking game we don't win.

You talk one load of shite.  I bought 10 blocks of shares , I have bought 2 books every season. For donkey years I have put my money where my mouth is but cunts like you just talk one load of pish so away you go and dry your hair or something and gees all peace. 

As for every game we don't win Declan?  We have not won 3 games in a row since Warbs left, the worst home form I have ever known in almost 40 years supporting Rangers  we are a shambles from top to bottom and us poor fans who dig deep have to suffer their incompetent appointmentts like Pedro should have been allowed nowhere near Ibrox never mind the managers position as he was bloody clueless just like the fucking board. 

Remember it's our money they wasted not Dave Kings when we all said Pedro who? as remember we paid compensation also for get  the  cunt 

1 hour ago, happyhugenoet said:

millions wasted but I feel we are now at a point were the next manager has to hit the ground running and he will have to get the current squad to start standing up and be counted,there is no more room for error.Who is the man to do this McInnes, De Boer WEE GIO belgian guy Preudhomme or Billy Davis I don't know but I pray he gets us back where we belomg

Next cunt that mentions billy davies gets chibbed everyone agree?? 

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

Did someone actually claim we wouldn't have won division 3 playing youth with experience? WTF!!!

Out under 21s should have been good enough to win that league alone ffs.

The youth teams are garbage too , and thats why Murty should be punted along with the rest of them.

12 hours ago, Copland bear said:

Even before he got his own players in you could see he was Clueless his CV told us that but this board fucked it up again.

On 18/11/2017 at 20:50, bil 65 said:

You're not goin to be harsh on Ally are u for real.......never introduced any players from the youths and instead wanted to win the leagues by 30 points when he could've built a young team who won the league by ten. Said this at the time and it's came back to haunt us......Ally is most definitely the man to blame everyone knows that. McInnes is the man we should have in now and we're still fekin about and will probably appoint another Ally, Warburton or Pedro and fek it up again

BTW this isn't with hindsight, it was obvious at the time

Nobody except Chris Hegarty, Kal Naismith, Lewis Macleod, Barrie McKay, Tom Walsh, Andy Mitchell, Scott Gallagher, Cal Gallagher and plenty more all made their debut under McCoist. How many were good enough to still be in our side today?

It was lose lose tbf, unless of course he pulled either option off successfully. That's where he failed miserably.

Stuck with youth we'd have been shouting spend the money ffs. 45k crowds to watch youths.

He spent the money on fucking awful footballers and we're shouting should have won it with youths and under 21s.

He should have spent the money wisely building a squad where some players could a job for a year or two at that level mixed with quality additions at a good age, on Bosmans who could make it all the way back.

On 18/11/2017 at 19:10, five stars said:

Are we going to continue to waste millions on players?

Many fans have been critical of the board for not spending money, but the truth is we have spent money, just that our player recruitment has been shocking.

Looking back to our first season back in the top league. How much did we waste on the likes of Barton, Senderos and Kranjcar. A couple of million on wages?

And into this season Pena and Herrera, maybe 3 million plus on fees and wages.

That's 5 million for starters and I'm sure you can think of a few more who have been a waste of a money.

If that 5 million plus had been spent wisely we'd have a team capable of challenging for the league and winning a cup or two.

Whats the way forward, so we don't continue to make the same mistakes?

Add to that the Millions wasted by McSalary beating lower league part timers 

On 18/11/2017 at 22:07, kenny6131 said:

They were taken over by a businessman who made the right decisions. We have not been afforded the same luxury. 

On 18 November 2017 at 22:07, kenny6131 said:

The only problem I see with fans is applauding abject mediocrity and appeasing crooks like King. 

MW and Pedro weren't the greatest and their hands were tied with the budgets they had. The Pedro deal stunk and more to it than meets the eye. Not one bit of quality has come through our front door in 6 years.

The next manager, no matter who he is will fail and guaranteed the name will be underwhelming. 

Fans don't make the results, the players do. Inept or mediocre managers will not make silk purses out of sow's ears. In fact, neither will top managers.

The board are as bereft of integrity as our players are of quality. The malaise permeating throughout the club is palpable and it eminates from the boardroom.

The only problem as I see it, is that we accept it!

Our support has been immense since administration, unfortunately, firstly we had the likes of Green and Ashley who were only in it for themselves. And while the present board seem to have the clubs best interest at heart there just not very good at running a football club.

7 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

The only problem I see with fans is applauding abject mediocrity and appeasing crooks like King. 

MW and Pedro weren't the greatest and their hands were tied with the budgets they had. The Pedro deal stunk and more to it than meets the eye. Not one bit of quality has come through our front door in 6 years.

The next manager, no matter who he is will fail and guaranteed the name will be underwhelming. 

Fans don't make the results, the players do. Inept or mediocre managers will not make silk purses out of sow's ears. In fact, neither will top managers.

The board are as bereft of integrity as our players are of quality. The malaise permeating throughout the club is palpable and it eminates from the boardroom.

The only problem as I see it, is that we accept it!

You totally miss the point of the topic.

We have spent money on players, i don't think there's any doubt about that. Just that we've not spent it wisely.

Sure you can argue that we could of spent more, but taking into consideration the purchases of the last two managers maybe we're lucky we didn't?

On 18/11/2017 at 19:20, Moody Blue said:

I'm led to believe that Alves is the highest paid player in Scotland, followed by Sinclair and then Pena. If that is indeed true, it is disgusting...let alone the fees spunked on them. 

He's not, apparently Sinclair and Dembele are on fortunes at the dhims. 

You've got to remember they're spending over double what we are on wages. There's no way we'll have a player inside the top 3-4 paid players in the country. Even Tierney is on over £20k a week

Scott Brown takes home £30k a week. No idea what MD and SS are on. Possibly more. I don't see Alves coming to Scotland for anything less than being the highest player in the country. Likewise Pena who was on a reported £20k a week in Mexico, he's not come here for less ffs.