Millions Wasted

five stars

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all of this is down to the Board

I see many posts on here recently where folk are trying to subtlety defend the actions of the board while acting like they're as pissed off as the rest of us

OP says "Many fans have been critical of the board for not spending money, but the truth is we have spent money, just that our player recruitment has been shocking"

to me that just looks like your trying to deflect blame from the board

Dave King and the rest of the board are 100% responsible for the current situation and are 100% responsible for our bad spending, it's too late to blame the old board and everyone else has been appointed by the new board

can't believe some folk still have their heads up Kings arse, the same folk who called other fans Ashley lovers when no one loved Ashley are now blindly backing King when we are in as bad a position as we were under the other shysters

these "fans" are nothing but cowards who would once again rather see us sink than admit they were wrong

but im glad to see it's not taking as long for the majority of fans to open their eyes as it did last time 

10 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

I see many posts on here recently where folk are trying to subtlety defend the actions of the board while acting like they're as pissed off as the rest of us

OP says "Many fans have been critical of the board for not spending money, but the truth is we have spent money, just that our player recruitment has been shocking"

Dave King and the rest of the board are 100% responsible for the current situation and are 100% responsible for our bad spending, it's too late to blame the old board and everyone else has been appointed by the new board

can't believe some folk still have their heads up Kings arse, the same folk who called other fans Ashley lovers when no one loved Ashley are now blindly backing King when we are in as bad a position as we were under the other shysters

these "fans" are nothing but cowards who would once again rather see us sink than admit they were wrong

but im glad to see it's not taking as long for the majority of fans to open their eyes as it did last time 

100%!

42 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

There's two separate arguments here.

1. The board have not spent any money.

This is clearly not the case. A quick look at the accounts will tell you that we spend more than we earn and have done so since the present regime took over. Unless anyone has any other information, i think we can take it as a fact that they have invested money in the form of the soft loans.

2. The board have not being running the club properly.

This one come more down to opinion and given the amount of money wasted I'd agree that they have not. You can blame them all collectively but it would be more useful to find out why there has been the "institutional failures" and who has been responsible.

22 hours ago, plymouthranger said:

He's not, apparently Sinclair and Dembele are on fortunes at the dhims. 

You've got to remember they're spending over double what we are on wages. There's no way we'll have a player inside the top 3-4 paid players in the country. Even Tierney is on over £20k a week

I’ve been told by someone that I trust that Alves is paid more than Sinclair at £38k p/w against Sinclair’s 36, then Pena is on 33. All speculation of course because no one will know for sure but when they’re told by someone inside Ibrox it is staggering. 

6 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

I’ve been told by someone that I trust that Alves is paid more than Sinclair at £38k p/w against Sinclair’s 36, then Pena is on 33. All speculation of course because no one will know for sure but when they’re told by someone inside Ibrox it is staggering. 

:lol: 

Not a chance we are even near those figures. We simply wouldn't be able to afford it, hear say bollocks.

3.3million a year on wages for two players...Not to mention one who's days away from his 36th Birthday.

17 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

Alves was on about £20k a week at Cagliari according to Italian sources. There's no way we've doubled his wages

11 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

I can't understand why the Welsh and Northern Irish managers are being spoken about because player recruitment is a huge part of the job and they have both made their names in international football 

It depends on the set up. At some clubs the manager is heavily involved in player recruitment, others rely more on a director of football and scouting network. I presume we're moving towards the latter.

5 minutes ago, five stars said:

It depends on the set up. At some clubs the manager is heavily involved in player recruitment, others rely more on a director of football and scouting network. I presume we're moving towards the latter.

So is the recruitment done by someone with no background in football?