This period is as low as I’ve ever felt as a Rangers fan

graeme_4

As per the title. I’ve never felt this low. 

We’re average or worse from boardroom all the way to the pitch. 

We’ve had bad results in past, but we’ve never been consistently this poor, directionless and void of leadership. There’s nothing to look forward to. It’s gutting to have fallen this low. 

The only thing even remotely ‘Rangers’ now are the fans. 

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Brackley Bluenose said:

For me, not a patch on getting punted to division 3. We will hopefully turn the corner soon. 

I wasn’t gutted then, I was defiant. I wanted us to work our way back and ram it down everyone’s throat. 

Sadly it’s just us being pumped now. 

That was one of the worst performances I ever witnessed. We saw some horrors in the lower divisions, but that was always to be expected.

But we've been in the top division for two seasons now, and we've spent a fortune. For today's display to happen means we must be an absolute joke. 

I'd wager that the majority of people on this forum (myself included) have grown up in the 'golden era' at Rangers that started with Souness, so have never been through this before or known anything except for success. Older bears will tell you that it's been this bad before, if not worse.

I've wondered if I'm right to share that opinion, and I think it's true. We don't seem to be able to get ourselves out of this, and it isn't just about managers and players, but the whole club. Our ability to be ambitious is affected by our inability to compete at the highest level. Was that ever the case with this club before?

3 minutes ago, FSM said:

I'd wager that the majority of people on this forum (myself included) have grown up in the 'golden era' at Rangers that started with Souness, so have never been through this before or known anything except for success. Older bears will tell you that it's been this bad before, if not worse.

Not true though, I've looked at that period, especially in the past few years because of what happened at the club. The club at the time before Souness had on the field issues, which Jock Wallace was getting right over time, but off the park the club was very strong.

1 minute ago, Gman36 said:

That was one of the worst performances I ever witnessed. We saw some horrors in the lower divisions, but that was always to be expected.

But we've been in the top division for two seasons now, and we've spent a fortune. For today's display to happen means we must be an absolute joke. 

Exactly, we look no better than the rest and arguably worse than some, when we should be sitting comfortably in second place.

2 minutes ago, FSM said:

I'd wager that the majority of people on this forum (myself included) have grown up in a 'golden era' at Rangers that started with Souness, so have never been through this before or known anything except for success. Older bears will tell you that it's been this bad before, if not worse.

Have we ever outspent the entire league (apart from one team obviously) with money that in actual fact we don't have, and yet still been so bad? I don't think so. 

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

Not true though, I've looked at that period, especially in the past few years because of what happened at the club. The club at the time before Souness has on the field issues, which Jock Wallace was getting right over time, but off the park the club was very strong.

I was referring to 'on the field'.

7 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I’ve mever felt as apathetic about us as I do at the moment.

Yeah, call me a glory hunter, fair weather fan, I don't care. These players so consistently fail to deliver against mediocre dross it rips my guts out. Think I'll take up gardening for the weekends now.

1 minute ago, FSM said:

I'd wager that the majority of people on this forum (myself included) have grown up in a 'golden era' at Rangers, so have never been through this. Older bears will tell you that it's been this bad before, if not worse.

I'd say I'm an older bear but worse than this? The standard today is perhaps the poorest ever. At least in the older poor days that I've witnessed we tried to fight and have some pride. These days we just seem like an average side where a defeat or poor perforoance is a shrug of the shoulders.

4 minutes ago, FSM said:

I was referring to 'on the field'.

Even then it was better though, I would say; there were signs that he was getting it right. In a documentary he said he wanted three years, he only got two, from the point of the interview I mean. Durrant, D.Ferguson, Burns, McPherson, Fleck; with Cooper, McCoist added to that. Jock Wallace had an ability to get the best out of players, and some careers went by the wayside after he left the first time, and the second time. This isn't a discussion about Jock Wallace, I know that, but there was more hope then than now. That the club is not so great off the field right now is hindering anything we can ever hope to achieve on it.

4 minutes ago, FSM said:

I'd wager that the majority of people on this forum (myself included) have grown up in a 'golden era' at Rangers that started with Souness, so have never been through this before or known anything except for success. Older bears will tell you that it's been this bad before, if not worse.

There was a time under Dave White when I lost interest, the thing is we had some bad seasons but we always knew that we were capable of winning a big game and that the next season we could win a title or a cup, now I just can’t see it happening for a long time.

Yes I remember the day Souness was appointed, that got me back with a vengeance.

3 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Even then; there were signs that he was getting it right. In a documentary he said he wanted three years, he only got two, from the point of the interview I mean. Durrant, D.Ferguson, Burns, McPherson, Fleck; with Cooper, McCoist added to that. Jock Wallace had an ability to get the best out of players, and some careers went by the wayside after he left the first time, and the second time. This isn't a discussion about Jock Wallace, I know that, but there was more hope then than now. That the club is not so great off the field right now is hindering anything we can ever hope to achieve on it.

Finished 4th and 5th in his last 2 seasons in charge. If we finished 4th or 5th these days there would be riots.

5 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Yeah, don't let the context hit you on the way out.

I'm just saying. Point being, most people on here have probably spent their whole lives seeing us finish either first or second every season, winning numerous cups along the way.

2 minutes ago, FSM said:

Finished 4th and 5th in his last 2 seasons in charge. If we finished 4th or 5th these days there would be riots.

Stronger teams back in the 80’s. the new firm:megaanguish:, hearts all were better back then and were actual title challengers.

10 minutes ago, FSM said:

Apart from our time in the lower tiers I've never seen it so bad in following the club for 65 years .have left Ibrox totally sick so many times recently.we have so many players who should be nowhere near our club,and no manager no matter who he is will make any difference with this load of shit that is currently posing as Rangers players.we really need to start from scratch again but don't have the finances to do so.just bewildered at what has happened to a once great club.

26 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

As per the title. I’ve never felt this low. 

We’re average or worse from boardroom all the way to the pitch. 

We’ve had bad results in past, but we’ve never been consistently this poor, directionless and void of leadership. There’s nothing to look forward to. It’s gutting to have fallen this low. 

The only thing even remotely ‘Rangers’ now are the fans. 

Not even close mate for me. Being brought up when they got 9 was hard to take. This time round there are circumstances like they tried to kill us of but we are getting back, was never ever going to be either a fast job or easy . 

We are getting there slowly and will be back. Their 9 before was a sickener as they were a very good side this time it’s flawed and means feck all in the real history if they do get it .