Jump to content
graeme_4

This period is as low as I’ve ever felt as a Rangers fan

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

One of the problems many of use struggle with is the sense of entitlement - we are Rangers - we all though that it would be a smooth transition back to the top. What I have realised it is a fight, something to be earned the hard way, that building a squad to compete takes stability and time. We are slowly getting there - it’s slightly unpalatable that it’s slower than we want but wash season we have been getting better - and I include this seaason in that. But we need stability ( and some cash but stability and patience) bear withit! We will get there 

5a11492cb30e6_200(1).gif.30aaf5bc4b6056b801c13e8839238ad4.gif

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve watched my team for 26 years now - had a season book for 18 of them. 

Ive been lucky to witness 9iar, trebles, legends, UEFA cup final, big European nights, old firm domination, helicopter Sunday etc.. 

Is became obvious, that this won’t return anytime soon (as much as I wanted to believe it at the start of the season). We have to sit and watch as each of these things happen across at the piggery, but it’ll make it more sweet when the good days finally do return, and we need to make sure to really enjoy it when it does. 

Ive been a long time reader of the page, but felt like i should join to get things if my chest now. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Nothing gets sorted until this board is gone.

How many more dressing room splits can we afford? We must have a fucking workd record in them ffs.

It begs the question......

What or who that is well intentioned and bears pots of gold........... comes in it's place ?

---------------

This isn't saying they can't go, it's asking the practical question of what would come next ?.....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, bluedylan said:

My first season travelling over in the boat with my Dad was 71 72 season we lost 4 out of 5 opening games.Greig years were not heaven sent, but the thing is the players might not have been the greatest but in the main they bust a gut for Rangers these fuckers masquerading as Gers are empty shirts.

It was a conversation I was having with my old man about how shite we were at the moment. His response was "Ach, we've been shite before, and eventually we'll be great again". Made me realise these things have always been cyclic.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, FSM said:

It was a conversation I was having with my old man about how shite we were at the moment. His response was "Ach, we've been shite before, and eventually we'll be great again". Made me realise these things have always been cyclic.

Sport has always been cyclical but it's increasingly more business than sport.

The financial disparities that are emerging in football, point towards a pecking order that is very difficult to change.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

One of the problems many of use struggle with is the sense of entitlement - we are Rangers - we all though that it would be a smooth transition back to the top. What I have realised it is a fight, something to be earned the hard way, that building a squad to compete takes stability and time. We are slowly getting there - it’s slightly unpalatable that it’s slower than we want but wash season we have been getting better - and I include this seaason in that. But we need stability ( and some cash but stability and patience) bear withit! We will get there 

First time I can remember agreeing with bp9 we will get there WATP

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Proud to be a Ger said:

First time I can remember agreeing with bp9 we will get there WATP

I don’t understand what’s makes you say that. 

Inept board

No manager

Dreadful squad of absolute duds

Fan base in turmoil

Filth 60 odd games unbeaten

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still can't believe some still argue we're better than last season, it really isn't the case.

13 games this season - 24 points

13 games last season - 23 points

Last season was a harder fixture list, away to Aberdeen and the scum, the only 2 defeats in that spell. Lost three games this season. We actually won 5 of the next 6 games last season. Not a chance we are doing that when the fixtures are Dundee(A) Aberdeen(H) Aberdeen(A) Ross County(H) Hibs(A) and ST Johnstone(H) coming up.

Millions spent on garbage, even the players being hyped aren't a big improvement on last season. As much as Morelos is potential and could turn out to be a fantastic signing, Waghorn had more goals than him last season after same amount of games. Obviously he's far better than that diddy, but there is no real improvement based on performances, results and statistics!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Calm down it’s ok we will get there. ?????

What a load of unadulterated pish, we have no divine right to be the best and as things stand we are only going one way and that’s mid table mediocrity. 

Simmer doon fella, it's ok, we will get there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my opinion , pre Souness was worse than this. 

We came through it then and will again. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jbm26896 said:

In my opinion , pre Souness was worse than this. 

We came through it then and will again. 

How?

I wasn't around for it so I am genuinely asking how it was worse. I just can't understand how anything could have been worse than being put in the 3rd division of Scottish football and currently having no plan on how to return to the top of it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

How?

I wasn't around for it so I am genuinely asking how it was worse. I just can't understand how anything could have been worse than being put in the 3rd division of Scottish football and currently having no plan on how to return to the top of it

Was before my time aswell but from what I can make of it we had an average squad at time when Dundee Utd and Aberdeen had two good managers with great squads . We still managed to win a few league cups in this time and beat celtic on occasions having a brief look through the honours of the time . Obviously it still sounds below standard but it also seems miles away from where we are at present . Even taking their 9 in a row period into account aswell we were making and winning European finals .

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Still can't believe some still argue we're better than last season, it really isn't the case.

13 games this season - 24 points

13 games last season - 23 points

Last season was a harder fixture list, away to Aberdeen and the scum, the only 2 defeats in that spell. Lost three games this season. We actually won 5 of the next 6 games last season. Not a chance we are doing that when the fixtures are Dundee(A) Aberdeen(H) Aberdeen(A) Ross County(H) Hibs(A) and ST Johnstone(H) coming up.

Millions spent on garbage, even the players being hyped aren't a big improvement on last season. As much as Morelos is potential and could turn out to be a fantastic signing, Waghorn had more goals than him last season after same amount of games. Obviously he's far better than that diddy, but there is no real improvement based on performances, results and statistics!

Yep, we may have improved on paper to an extent in but results wise it isn't showing up at all, couldn't even win an easier semi final fixture than last season

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

Was before my time aswell but from what I can make of it we had an average squad at time when Dundee Utd and Aberdeen had two good managers with great squads . We still managed to win a few league cups in this time and beat celtic on occasions having a brief look through the honours of the time . Obviously it still sounds below standard but it also seems miles away from where we are at present . Even during their 9 in a row period we were making and winning European finals .

See that's the thing, they had greats managers and great squads then, but we're shite now and the rest of Scottish football is abysmal. It's not like everyone else is good. They're really fucking bad and we're worse 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, jbm26896 said:

In my opinion , pre Souness was worse than this. 

We came through it then and will again. 

Nope.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pre Souness wasnt worse. We had some genuinely talented players back then. We may not have won the league but I don't recall any humiliations by that lot. They were slightly ahead of us Aberdeen I used to hate more back then as they tanned us regularly. Dundee utd were good and hearts weren' bad either. At least we were winning league cups and reaching scottish cup finals. Cooper Durrant Mclelland etc. We are far worse now. Things are far worse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am always depressed after a defeat. If I have learned anything in 50 odd years of supporting Rangers it is that you just have to take the bad times to truly appreciate the good ones. Its all doom and gloom at the moment but the good times will return.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

See that's the thing, they had greats managers and great squads then, but we're shite now and the rest of Scottish football is abysmal. It's not like everyone else is good. They're really fucking bad and we're worse 

The Standard since we left is Terrible and has gone down considerable the standard we are at is awful but posters keep seeing worldbeaters in our side who are just not there.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

How?

I wasn't around for it so I am genuinely asking how it was worse. I just can't understand how anything could have been worse than being put in the 3rd division of Scottish football and currently having no plan on how to return to the top of it

I put up the pre-Souness league table last night. We finished a season with 13 wins, 9 draws and 14 losses. We are currently 7-3-3. It was a lot worse, and that was many years since we had won the league too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

Was before my time aswell but from what I can make of it we had an average squad at time when Dundee Utd and Aberdeen had two good managers with great squads . We still managed to win a few league cups in this time and beat celtic on occasions having a brief look through the honours of the time . Obviously it still sounds below standard but it also seems miles away from where we are at present . Even taking their 9 in a row period into account aswell we were making and winning European finals .

The teams of the years you are on about would have murdered this shower of shite. They players back then played for the jersey, but some of this lot do not give a fuck. We all go home sick and find it hard to take, but that shower head out drinking, and do not care.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

How?

I wasn't around for it so I am genuinely asking how it was worse. I just can't understand how anything could have been worse than being put in the 3rd division of Scottish football and currently having no plan on how to return to the top of it

Going to home games with less than half full Ibrox , results poor , we had similar budgets to them but we were behind Aberdeen and Dundee Utd as well.

It just felt worse at that time.

Now its more to do with investment , if we don't get it we cannot compete.

Only investment will get us back to the top , 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×