This period is as low as I’ve ever felt as a Rangers fan

graeme_4

34 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Thing is, they're all having what they'd call brilliant seasons and we're having an absolute stinker - yet we're still all round about the same place, it wouldn't take much in terms of initiative to pull away from them. It's catching the taigs which concerns me. 

Can't agree that it wouldn't take much to pull away from the rest. We've dropped 15 points so far, only 3 of them to a team with greater resources.

As well as a manager we need about 6 or 7 first team players. That's a lot.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is horrid right now but nothing will beat not being good enough to get out of the 2nd tier of Scottish Football after a full league season, even wrting that looks utterly surreal, Rangers Football Club weren't good enough to win the 2nd tier of Scottish Football, we weren't even good enogh to finish 2nd and even when we had the fallback of the Play-Off's we couldn't even get out of them either... that was low, as low as it gets for me.

48 minutes ago, Grin'nBEARit said:

Can't agree that it wouldn't take much to pull away from the rest. We've dropped 15 points so far, only 3 of them to a team with greater resources.

As well as a manager we need about 6 or 7 first team players. That's a lot.

I don't disagree with your second point. In my eyes though that would be to catch the taigs. 

Exactly, we have greater resources and it wouldn't take much initiative to use them and pull away from the rest. Read my post again, I'm not talking about the money itself, but how it's used. Someone with initiative could have us pull away from the rest in one transfer window. 

Catching the mhanks is a different battle all together. 

18 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

I don't disagree with your second point. In my eyes though that would be to catch the taigs. 

Exactly, we have greater resources and it wouldn't take much initiative to use them and pull away from the rest. Read my post again, I'm not talking about the money itself, but how it's used. Someone with initiative could have us pull away from the rest in one transfer window. 

Catching the mhanks is a different battle all together. 

If this was June I'd agree with you, but the money has been spent and it's not going to be easy to fund similar spending.

Therefor who ever comes in is going to have a major job on just to get us to 2nd place.

It can be done but I wouldn't say it won't take much to do it. It will take an awfull lot of effort skill and luck to get a decent team and decent consistency from our current squad.

We have a mountain to climb and when we get to the top we'll have an even bigger mountain to climb

You can understand why other teams don't like us; as they feel like this most seasons and historically we are the ones who do it to them. Thank God I support Rangers as this low will not last and we will win titles again but we need to put our resources to better use than the dross we have brought in over the last 3 seasons.

It's at these times I always think back to Bill Struth's quotes

"To be a Ranger is to sense the sacred trust of upholding all that such a name means in this shrine of football. However I'm a bit too apathetic at the moment so I can't be bothered."

We have a world-class support, but  these imposters continue to embarrass us at every turn.

Like many Bears, I just shrug my shoulders and try to avoid all things football to ease my pain.

I would honestly prefer Rangers to end than to continue like this, such is the hellish torment I feel.

I,m in my sixties and remember barren times, up until recently I was optimistic we could turn things around and stop them getting to ten but in trying to be realistic to myself I now can't see how we can get out of the financial mess we're in.  I just can't imagine any scenario where we get the finance required to challenge them. Right now it feels like one step forward and two steps back, I no longer have any confidence in this board finding the money needed to take us forward.  Nor do I have any confidence in them appointing the right manager, with or without a sizeable budget.  I don't like to sound so negative but I've never felt so down with no sign that anything's going to change anytime soon.  I hope my fears are unfounded.

1 hour ago, Bamber9 said:

We have a world-class support, but  these imposters continue to embarrass us at every turn.

Like many Bears, I just shrug my shoulders and try to avoid all things football to ease my pain.

I would honestly prefer Rangers to end than to continue like this, such is the hellish torment I feel.

Get rid of this cunt someone. @cushynumber

:lol:

Away back to the fucking looney bin ya roaster!

19 hours ago, ZZed said:

You can understand why other teams don't like us; as they feel like this most seasons and historically we are the ones who do it to them. Thank God I support Rangers as this low will not last and we will win titles again but we need to put our resources to better use than the dross we have brought in over the last 3 seasons.

Agreed. I’ve no doubt we will be champions again one day. The problem is, how long will we have to wait? How much damage will be done before we finally back to the top. If the tims were further from 10 it wouldn’t be so bad.