Ethan Hamilton and Scott McTominay

K.A.I

1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

McTominay is a good, young footballer who has played at a higher level in the few first team games he’s had than the majority of our squad. Hasn’t looked out of place in Europe for United and they just gave him a new contract I’m sure. 

He’d be the physical presence in midfield people were expecting from Jack. 

People said that about Rossiter at Liverpool ability wise 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

People said that about Rossiter at Liverpool ability wise 

But did Rossiter actually play for Liverpool in the UCL and hold his own? 

The only reason we ever got Rossiter was because he is quite clearly crocked. McTominay is a young boy in Mourinho’s plans at OT for the future cos like I said, he trains with the first team, has played this season and just got a new contract. 

I watch every United game and I can confirm McTominay is gash.

Mourinho famously hasn’t produced any of his own youth yet and he’s supposed to be his guy, it’s caused a bit of an uproar that he prefers McTominay over Pereira, Fosu-Mensah, Tuanzebe or any youth player with actual potential.

Sort of signings we should aim for on loan is Patrick Roberts level loans from teams like United such as the above, canny get away with loaning in bang average young players just because it’s cheap.

5 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

The only reason we ever got Rossiter was because he is quite clearly crocked. McTominay is a young boy in Mourinho’s plans at OT for the future cos like I said, he trains with the first team, has played this season and just got a new contract. 

Hold his own isn’t a glowing endorsement mate 

9 minutes ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

I watch every United game and I can confirm McTominay is gash.

Mourinho famously hasn’t produced any of his own youth yet and he’s supposed to be his guy, it’s caused a bit of an uproar that he prefers McTominay over Pereira, Fosu-Mensah, Tuanzebe or any youth player with actual potential.

Sort of signings we should aim for on loan is Patrick Roberts level loans from teams like United such as the above, canny get away with loaning in bang average young players just because it’s cheap.

Roberts is apparently a 1.5 to 2m a year loanee. Miles outwith our financial reach.

18 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Roberts is apparently a 1.5 to 2m a year loanee. Miles outwith our financial reach.

He was already bought for 12m though so that doesn’t surprise me, whereas if we scout early and go for players like Tuanzebe, even take Reece Oxford when we went for him last season then that’s our level, not McTominay.

Mourinho favours Rashford out wide over United’s best player Martial purely because he works hard and follows orders, same goes for Fellaini in midfield or Mkhitaryan at 10 over Mata, McTominay is nowhere near the level of anyone Mourinho’s loaned/bombed out, that’s the types we should have on our radar (Pereira, Tuanzebe, Gomes, Fosu-Mensah, Roshaun-Williams, Borthwick-Jackson) just before they break onto the scene and cost 5 times as much to bring in.

seen a few folk say ‘they play for man united we can’t afford to scoff at that’

Federico Macheda anyone?

Big difference between a bang average six foot four Scottish midfielder and some of the BPL youth from places like Holland who are technically or physically five years above their actual age.

4 hours ago, piperpete said:

It’s what your willing to pay that decides what standard of loan player you get, That Roberts at celtic would have cost more than all our loans added together , if we go down the loan route then only one and a player who will make an impact as Roberts has, not four players who will feature in Rangers trivia quizzes in years to come with “ can you name thus players picture?”

Hivs have got another from City - Barker, I think.

No brain but can run better than Windass - and gave the tramps a few headaches.

Seems like more of a prospect than Nemane & won’t have been anywhere near the Roberts money.

19 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Hivs have got another from City - Barker, I think.

No brain but can run better than Windass - and gave the tramps a few headaches.

Seems like more of a prospect than Nemane & won’t have been anywhere near the Roberts money.

That’s my point mate, if you want a top youngster you pay top youngsters wonga if you go down our route you take a gamble with a player in the last year of his contract who needs to shine to get a move . Playing for us gives plenty tv free adverts for such players rather than staying in a reserve side and disappearing from the game.

1 hour ago, piperpete said:

That’s my point mate, if you want a top youngster you pay top youngsters wonga if you go down our route you take a gamble with a player in the last year of his contract who needs to shine to get a move . Playing for us gives plenty tv free adverts for such players rather than staying in a reserve side and disappearing from the game.

Obviously, Roberts comes at some cost.

Given the value for money provided by so many of our signings, someone like that might have been worth a shot.

Pains me to see there are others out there, like Barker, who seem a lot more capable than the one we ended up with.

That last corner ?

4 hours ago, psb07158 said:

He also a big lad about 6ft 4 and able to handle himself in games we have too many wee boys in our team.

Just now, RDFM said:

No more loans, enough of it. 

I sincerely hope Mark Allen's vision of Rangers isn't one where we become a club Premiership sides loan their youngsters to. 

Mark Allen is the biggest waste of a wage yet

No loan player is going to give it 110% they don't give a fuck about us as we don't pay their wages and they know they will be back home in 6 month.

its fucking ridiculous loaning kids like that. If you loan its for experience and established talent not some punt on a Rossiter type.

clubs fucked