Morelos missed chances Yesterday.

Smile

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If the rest of the players showed as much character and put in half the effort Morelos does we'd be much better off, strikers go through barren spells and a youngster at a new club probably more so.   McCoist and Boyd both had spells where the goals dried up, we need to keep faith in Morelos.  I'm encouraged by the fact he is getting the chances and remain convinced he'll start to convert them.

9 hours ago, Turnberry18 said:

Any striker, especially a young striker in his first season, is going to go through a dry spell. The important thing is that he works hard, and that he is at least getting chances. The positive to find in this is that he looks the kind of player that when he gets a goal other goals will follow; that he is getting chances is a good thing, and proves that he is not a bad player. If he wasn't getting chances I'd be more concerned, he will come good though.

This all day long. He's the last player in our squad that deserves any flak.

There's too much pressure on this young guy to score the goals and win us games.  We need one or two more who can carry the weight of that pressure.  Dorrans' has 5 league goals but he's currently injured.  I think Pena had 3 league goals but he's not in the team now either.  We currently lack attacking options and that needs sorted.

6 hours ago, JWAC said:

While Mccrorie had an absolute howler that did change the game, we looked like we couldn't score anyway. Been the same story the last few years we don't have regular goal scorers.

Have to say some of the saves their goalie pulled off as well were sickeningly good.

Should of signed moult when we had the chance to play along side him he needs a partner and moult has proved that he can score against any team in this league including the scum. herrera miller and hardie are our only options up front at this moment in time and I'm afraid they are not upto the task.

41 minutes ago, BILLYBOY50 said:

Should of signed moult when we had the chance to play along side him he needs a partner and moult has proved that he can score against any team in this league including the scum. herrera miller and hardie are our only options up front at this moment in time and I'm afraid they are not upto the task.

Agreed although I would like to see Herrera given a few games in partnership with Morelos. At least we know he wouldn't go wondering to left back when he felt like it.

He needs to be taken out of the firing line by whoever is manager. His head has gone completely with confidence at the lowest it’s probably been in his career. 

Dundee could be a potentially toxic atmosphere if things keep going the way they are so it’s best to take him out of it and let the more consumate professional like Kenny Miller take the flak 

16 hours ago, JWAC said:

While Mccrorie had an absolute howler that did change the game, we looked like we couldn't score anyway. Been the same story the last few years we don't have regular goal scorers.

his howler gave hamilton something to cling onto though, so no need even to pretend to go up the park. It changed the game because it changes our players mindset. Suddenly from a game where they think they will eventually score, is changed to we HAVE to score 2. Our players struggle when under that pressure - especially at Ibrox

What's wrong with playing Ryan Hardie along side Morelos?

He seems to score for whichever team he gets loaned out to every season but never gets a run in our team.

At least Morelos put a shift in against Hamilton and McCrorie had a good game apart from the pass back and even after that he kept his head up and kept going. The rest of them? Meh!!