*** The Official RM Erskine Fund PERPETUAL FUNDRAISER - DONATE NOW!!! Thread

govanblue

RangersMedia Erskine Fund - November Fundraiser Hall of Fame.   

Donated: 125 Members

• 1bluebaba
  • 10pshortof17pound
  • Ace
  • archangel gabriel amato
  • Bad Robot
  • Bears r us
  • better than all the rest
  • Big Al ll
  • Bil
  • Bill8972
  • billscott
  • BlueAvenger
  • Blue Avenger
  • Bluekev
  • Blue Rino
  • Bobby Hume
  • bordersbear
  • bornabear
  • Brackley
  • broxieman
  • bump
  • Cadman
  • calio
  • Carling1873
  • Corky True Legend
  • Courtyard Bear
  • Crispy Bear
  • cruixranger
  • Darius72
  • D’Artagnan
  • Darth Bear
  • Docspawn
  • Domthenbud
  • don logan
  • dougie76
  • EKCO
  • eosmhdo
  • Falcoholic
  • fermblue
  • Finny
  • folkestoneger
  • FoxintheBox
  • G13
  • geneva_ger
  • ger4life_1872
  • gmcf
  • Goggs
  • govanblue
  • govansw1
  • Hamie
  • hammer time
  • Heshootshescores
  • HG5
  • Hoody 
  • ianb1547
  • Inigo
  • jamess
  • JC10
  • JCDBigBear
  • jintybear
  • Johnny Dangerously
  • johntee
  • Jonok
  • K.A.I
  • Keeps01
  • LOL153 No Surrender!!!
  • LSgers
  • macmac
  • Malvern
  • mearns loyal 
  • mgartley82
  • mikekeith
  • MrMckee
  • mus
  • Muz333
  • NavyBear
  • nine4eight
  • NornIronBear
  • OceanRain
  • offshoreworker
  • oldbear
  • onefootwillie
  • only14me
  • OnslowDriver
  • Orange Persson
  • pcbear
  • Perth_Campsie_Ger
  • plumbGer
  • Pure_Quality
  • Quiet Jim
  • Rangers#1
  • ranter
  • RFC Eagle
  • saltire266
  • sandyboyblue
  • sandyinroyalblue
  • scottyscott1963
  • SJFC 2004
  • sondicklg
  • Sparkle
  • Sportingintegritymyarse
  • sprintervanman
  • SW3
  • Sweetheart
  • Taipan
  • TEFTONG
  • thebluedoo
  • thebooler
  • The Ghost
  • Thewhitesettler
  • thistleman
  • Travelrug
  • VERITAS VOS LIBREBETS
  • Wee Bud
  • weeneily
  • WILLIAM BEAR
  • William McBeath
  • willygers4life
  • wotmeworry
  • wrongshapedballs
  • Wullies_bowly_legs
  • WWTC
  • Young Bob
  • Zetland
  • ZZed

Wives, Cats & Dogs Club:

• Mrs Bears r us
  • The Malvern Family Zoo

Pledged: 6 Members

• bluegecko
  • deco19761
  • gazza27
  • Hutchy WATP
  • Kirkintillochbear
  • RJMcGregor

On 19/11/2017 at 22:40, govanblue said:

Welcome to The Official RM Erskine Fund NOVEMBER FUNDRAISER - DONATE NOW!!! Thread

Most of you already know what the Fund is all about, and that's why you so gladly contribute to it year after year.  :rangers:

And so you already know that a donation to the RM Erskine Fund is one of the most satisfying and effective ways to spend a Blue Pound.  

Here's what your Blue Pound does:

• 1. Supports Rangers-Supporting Erskine Veterans by providing Season Tickets, Cup tickets, Stadium Tours, Argyle Lunches and any other Rangers Products and Services that fit the bill
  • 2.  Supports Rangers-supporting Combat Stress Veterans by providing Season Tickets and Cup Tickets for Veterans
  • 3. Supports Rangers FC directly, via the purchase of aforementioned products and services for Erskine and Combat Stress
  • 4. Supports Rangers Youth Development through the purchase and promotion of Rangers Lotto, Half-time Rising Stars, Rangers Stadium Bricks etc
  • 5. Supports Rangers Charity Foundation through the support and promotion of their various fundraising events.
  • 6. Supports Erskine's recreational needs and wishes via our Recreation Fund, allowing the purchase of such things as: whisky galore, boat trips, steam-train journeys, theatre trips, fish and chips, and much much more. 
  • 7. Support for other Rangers-Family related appeals, including: Nith Valley RSC Appeal, Big Ibrox Sleep Out, Jak Trueman Appeal, Fernando Ricksen appeal, Joshua Adair appeal

tbh there's loads more, but I'm not trawling through 4 years of accounts to give you the full picture.  You can do that yourself!  

I'm sure you'll agree that's pretty good use.  Even more so when you remember that we have no admin costs, so every penny of your donation gets spent on the stuff we say we're spending it on.

So anyway, on to November.  

After Remembrance day, the national spotlight tends to move elsewhere, and our Veterans are largely forgotten.  Not here though.  :rangers:

November is the time when we collect the donations that are going to pay to make Erskine's Christmas as Excellent as it always is when we're around.

This season, we need to raise enough money to do the following:

• £1200 to be split between our 3 Homes.  A traditional surprise last-minute addition to the Christmas Party budget for our 3 Erskine Homes. We make it last minute so that they've already got everything ready for their Christmas parties, ensuring that our donation is spent strictly on bonus additional luxury items for their Christmas festivities.
  • £100 - Assorted boiled sweets and toffees.  You can never have enough.  I hear they often use our goodies as bonus bingo prizes, which has really livened up bingo nights.
  • £100 - Rangers Merchandise.  There have been one or two new additions to the Erskine Bears RSC this season, so we need to make sure they get some Official Rangers Clothing from Santa this year, so they can fit in with the Old Guard.  Not on the same scale as last season thankfully!
  • £100 - Clothing retailers.  There are one or two Veterans in Erskine who don't really have any relatives left, so they naturally don't get as many presents as those with lots of relatives visiting.  So we'll find out what size they are, buy a couple of jumpers and stuff, and stick them under the tree so they don't feel left out on Christmas Morning.
  • £100 - Selection boxes and stuff - well it is Christmas after all!
  • £0 - Whisky - I've got a few bottles already donated by members this season, and I'm sure if I put the word out, we';; get a few more bottles donated, so I don't think we'll need to spend any money directly on alcohol.  Let's use that money instead for panto tickets.  
  • £200 - Panto tickets
  • £140 - Argyle Restaurant Lunch for 10 people - already paid for thanks to @WILLIAM BEAR  :rangers:
  • £150 - Road bike for Hollybush House (Combat Stress) - We bought them two earlier in the year.  Three is obviously better than two.

So there you go. :tu:

I reckon about 2 Grand should cover that.

I've already made my donation.  What are you waiting for?  

Existing RM Erskine Fund Members - Your donation is optional.  You have already done your bit this season by Donating £10 or more to join the Fund.  But if you can spare an additional donation now, then that's grand!  :rangers:

If you've never donated to the RM Erskine Fund before, then what are you waiting for.  As all these other Good Bears listed below will agree, it really is the done thing around these parts.  :p:

To donate:

It's the usual paypal address, or the usual bank account.  If you need the details again, then PM @govanblue or @Zetland

And the usual "tick friends & family" on paypal 

And the usual "add your username in the description" whichever way you donate.

And the usual "send a PM to @govanblue once you've donated.

Now go check below to see if you are in the November Fundraiser Hall of Fame yet...

How do I donate mate? 

14 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

PM either @Zetland or @govanblue mate. :thumbup:

or just wait for them to respond to this post, which trust me will not be long. :thumbsup:

Not wrong with that! PM and money gone quicker than waiting for a round at the bar! :cheers:

On 22/11/2017 at 19:25, G13 said:

I'll pledge tonight and pay tomorrow but instead of the usual amount I'm gonna shake it up a wee bit and I'll donate £10 for every PSG goal tonight and as a sort of bonus ball, I'll donate an extra £10 if "broony" gets his marching orders ? 

Added to the Pledged list. :thumbup: