ZZed

In 1964 we won the league, we did not win it again until 1975. We won 3 Scottish Cups and 2 Scottish League Cups during that period. Things were bleak during that time and it repeated in the early 80s. Rangers have been through this kind of slump before, things changed and we became a winning force again. Things will change again. We are coming back from the biggest hit any football club could have taken but we will win titles and cups again, change will happen. We have not lost a generation of supporters if that was true, then the two periods out lined would have killed us; they didn't and this time now will not kill us. When we have a team that plays like Rangers, Ibrox will be as it should be. We are feared and hated because all the rest know we will come back from this, then they will be the ones grinding their teeth again.

Moan and demand that Rangers start to be Rangers again and start to put others to the sword, second best is not good enough. It is hard putting up with this but we will come back, they know it, even we know it despite our despair, we are looking for a way forward and we will find it. I have not given up hope, I have lived through this type of thing before and seen Rangers change in front of my eyes and take titles and cups, even 9 in a row. Keep demanding success and Rangers will give it to us but our job is to demand success. This is what No Surrender means, we do not surrender and accept second best. Scream and demand Rangers standards and it will come. Tell the board and the players what they represent and demand of them, win. And when the good times come back, savour them because this is where we paid for it. 

Back then Rangers always had passion, fight, grit and determination and would leave blood, sweat and tears on the pitch for the jersey. 

I obviously wasn’t about back then but didn’t we also have a board who actually cared and tried?

Today we have a bunch of half arsed footballers who wilt under pressure at the biggest club they’ll ever play for. 

And we have a board who don’t give a fuck

3 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Back then Rangers always had passion, fight, grit and determination and would leave blood, sweat and tears on the pitch for the jersey. 

I obviously wasn’t about back then but didn’t we also have a board who actually cared and tried?

Today we have a bunch of half arsed footballers who wilt under pressure at the biggest club they’ll ever play for. 

1. We did but the game has changed and we rely on players from the global stage, not just Scotland.  Back then we relied on homegrown players because Scotland produced decent players.  

2. No they didn't really, remember the board sold the greatest player Scotland has produced rather than give him a  very small salary increase. 

3. Players like Alves has performed at the highest levels on the club and international stage, makes me think the problem is deeper than 'bottling it'.

4. Agreed

3 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:
  1. We did but the game has changed and we rely on players from the global stage, not just Scotland.  Back then we relied on homegrown players because Scotland produced decent players.  

2. No they didn't really, remember the board sold the greatest player Scotland has produced rather than give him a  very small salary increase. 

3. Players like Alves has performed at the highest levels on the club and international stage, makes me think the problem is deeper than 'bottling it'.

4. Agreed

Alves is done mate. Every performance of his has been way below average and I’ve yet to see him make one half decent tackle. For the reputation he’s came with it’s unbelievable how below par he’s performed

53 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Alves is done mate. Every performance of his has been way below average and I’ve yet to see him make one half decent tackle. For the reputation he’s came with it’s unbelievable how below par he’s performed

I've been very disappointed with him, thought he'd give a lot more than he has.

16 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

You shouldn’t believe the stories about the 60s, 70s and 80s. There were abject performances and results.

I get your sentiment but fuck off with the Marvin Andrews pish!! 

Change is needed, not the support to keep demanding performances! Our standards as a support haven’t dropped for the last 6 years & we’re still getting fucked off the likes of Hamilton! 

2 hours ago, ZZed said:

In 1964 we won the league, we did not win it again until 1975. We won 3 Scottish Cups and 2 Scottish League Cups during that period. Things were bleak during that time and it repeated in the early 80s. Rangers have been through this kind of slump before, things changed and we became a winning force again. Things will change again. We are coming back from the biggest hit any football club could have taken but we will win titles and cups again, change will happen. We have not lost a generation of supporters if that was true, then the two periods out lined would have killed us; they didn't and this time now will not kill us. When we have a team that plays like Rangers, Ibrox will be as it should be. We are feared and hated because all the rest know we will come back from this, then they will be the ones grinding their teeth again.

Moan and demand that Rangers start to be Rangers again and start to put others to the sword, second best is not good enough. It is hard putting up with this but we will come back, they know it, even we know it despite our despair, we are looking for a way forward and we will find it. I have not given up hope, I have lived through this type of thing before and seen Rangers change in front of my eyes and take titles and cups, even 9 in a row. Keep demanding success and Rangers will give it to us but our job is to demand success. This is what No Surrender means, we do not surrender and accept second best. Scream and demand Rangers standards and it will come. Tell the board and the players what they represent and demand of them, win. And when the good times come back, savour them because this is where we paid for it. 

Your optimism will not be shared on RM m8 , but cheers for at least swimming against the tide with a tin hat on.

30 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Aye, very good.

Posts like this are pointless. The difference between then and now is money didn't completely rule football back then and until we get good investment then we will remain fucked. I can't see where the investment will come from either.

Mugabe is going to be at a loose end soon, he has billions stashed away.

29 minutes ago, legalbeagle said:

You shouldn’t believe the stories about the 60s, 70s and 80s. There were abject performances and results.

Yes there was but the club was not in this state and we still managed to win things. Can you see this lot win anything, not a hope in hell.

2 hours ago, Big Al II said:

There wasn't the financial disparity then which is caused with qualification to the CL.

But agree it should swing back eventually, that could be after 15iar though, so no hope there I'm afraid.

Bleak outlook with high chance of misery.

Agree with some of that. However 15iar is not an option imo. Scottish football is dying a slow death at the moment and cannot see it lasting another 8 years with the scum winning everything in sight. Think even the daily rebel and sun would get sick of that. You were probably exaggerating a wee bit but from a business model point of view I feel we need to be back within the next 3 years or the games a bogey in Scotland.

3 minutes ago, Domthenbud said:

Agree with some of that. However 15iar is not an option imo. Scottish football is dying a slow death at the moment and cannot see it lasting another 8 years with the scum winning everything in sight. Think even the daily rebel and sun would get sick of that. You were probably exaggerating a wee bit but from a business model point of view I feel we need to be back within the next 3 years or the games a bogey in Scotland.

The game will go on regardless. Of course 15iar is unthinkable however if we amble from one disaster to the next it will be on us in no time. Until we can compete financially we're fucked, other than CL money there is no reason for us to be so far behind in turnover and profit.

2 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

I don't believe he is done but I want to understand why he and others are underperforming, can no longer blame Pedro

13 hours ago, Big Al II said:

There wasn't the financial disparity then which is caused with qualification to the CL.

But agree it should swing back eventually, that could be after 15iar though, so no hope there I'm afraid.

Bleak outlook with high chance of misery.

The way things are going they will go past us in titles won at a canter. 

Comparing apples and oranges, these days finance plays a big part, back then it was about local talent playing with passion. Today's' players are more interested in money than medals. Without proper financal support and management it will be almost impossible to get it right. DK et al must step up or step out.

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

The way things are going they will go past us in titles won at a canter. 

this

taking our place as the most successful club in the world has been their goal for some time. It’s why they wanted the whole “strip the titles” thing.

A hamstrung Rangers has been and remains a deliberate effort.

That we play right into their hands with our completely incompetent board only goes to add to our frustration and their delight. 

Hope? Fuck me. If that was all we had to cling on to, most of us would have chucked it by now.

What keeps us going is tradition and culture. Those things will die out if we continue on this path.  

12 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

I don't believe he is done but I want to understand why he and others are underperforming, can no longer blame Pedro

I thought this at about 65 minutes on Saturday.

Something is rotten in our club at the moment and whoever comes in as manager needs to weed it out completely

16 hours ago, ZZed said:

In 1964 we won the league, we did not win it again until 1975. We won 3 Scottish Cups and 2 Scottish League Cups during that period. Things were bleak during that time

We also won the Cup Winners Cup in that period, the clubs crowning glory to date, we also made another European Final as well in that duration.

Times may have seemed tough because the tims had their best ever team but I don't for one second believe it was ever a bleak time, we had a genuine and realistic opprtunity to win every trophy every season, it's in no way similar to the situation of today mate.