Alves Refuses To Be a Sub

derekweir29

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, buster. said:

Simply getting him off the wage bill would be a plus if the new manager was looking for some margin in the January transfer window.

I commented on the match thread after seeing the Murty pre-match interview that the 'back-injury story' sounded a bit dubious and Murty himself, wasn't quite himself. If true, the whole episode would have done the group no favours.

The Dundee match looks like another potential banana skin.

"THE Rangers I KNEW HAS ALREADY DIED". 

Imagine being Bruno Alves with 100 caps for Portugal, and watching Wilson and Hodson start ahead of you.

Murty is clearly isolating the ‘Pedro’ clique of players (maybe to appease the UK based ones), but the problem in doing that is you’re then left with MW’s championship team. 

At Rangers you play your best 11. Alves should be in ahead of either McCrorie or Wilson, or even Wilson at LB instead of Hodson.

Just now, graeme_4 said:

Imagine being Bruno Alves with 100 caps for Portugal, and watching Wilson and Hodson start ahead of you.

Murty is clearly isolating the ‘Pedro’ clique of players (maybe to appease the UK based ones), but the problem in doing that is you’re then left with MW’s championship team. 

At Rangers you play your best 11. Alves should be in ahead of either McCrorie or Wilson, or even Wilson at LB instead of Hodson.

There’s no way Alves has been as bad as people have made out either - he’s doing the work of 2 when Cardoso was beside him ... kinda like Hill last season next to the likes of Kiernan 

6 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I've defended Alves plenty, but if that's true then show him the door.

I agree wholeheartedly he should be our first choice defender but that attitude is pathetic.

That said, didn't Murty say the other day that Alves took his demotion "like a man" ... that's what's casting a little doubt in my head.

This is exactly what we must be mindful of. We are an easy target right now for all kinds of shite. The scum could have a punch up between two players and it would be swept under the rug.

Look at Archibald the other day with his comments on the late notice of the go ahead, papers run with the headline “This wouldn’t have happened if it was Rangers playing Hearts”.

Not going to slate Alves until facts are known.

8 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Good post

4 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

See the damage and harm these bastards do in the media

Never believe  one thing that comes from these fuckers any more

They need to slate and slag off Rangers as their beloved h***s are going to get another football lesson..

Another case of player power eh.  As there were plenty of media reported rumblings when Miller and others were sidelined for a bit and then made their comeback once friendly faced Murty was installed as the temp, so those not favoured these days also have views.      

He would seem to be looking towards the exit door, possibly with some of the others Pedro brought in, and in doing so making it clear that learner-driver managers should not be leaving players of his calibre out of the side in favour of picking local better-known and maybe more grateful faces.    A split dressing room is what is happening here imo - something Pedro alluded to before he was dumped with his belief that local players were not making the foreign arrivals welcome enough.    

The DOF, and King for that matter, must surely be asking questions about why expensively acquired players are not playing when they were brought in to be making a difference. 

This also points to the need to get a suitably experienced and respected manager in quickly.    Murty is just juggling the plates so to speak, keeping his known british faces content with games and sub appearances but marginalising those he does not seem to care much for.    You'd think a DOF would be getting a grip of all of this.   But no, our DOF is out there grabbing some air miles in the endless search for a new manager while some of the players the new manager might want to use are becoming restless watching amateur-hour being played out at managerial level, DOF level and at director level.    

A veteran can be a valuable addition to the club but we seem to sign people who just don’t have the heart for it time and time again.

It seems extreme but for now we should have a club policy where we don’t sign players over the age of 30 because they all seem to just roll up looking for a final pay day. 

35 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

See the damage and harm these bastards do in the media

Never believe  one thing that comes from these fuckers any more

I always got told you learn from history, and not to make the same mistakes again. But it truly amazes me the amount of our support that takes what's been said in some rag as gospel, Some really need to wake up.

49 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

And I canny believe folk are starting to slate McCrorie.... Will we ever learn? 

I don’t think anyone’s slating him? 

I think most are understanding that’s he’s a youngster pitched in with 3 pretty poor defenders around him, and are giving him space to play, supporting him and not going over the top when he makes mistakes. Imagine the reaction if Tav or Windass had done that? 

If he doesn’t make a huge fuck up against Hamilton we probably go on and win and everything’s still (falsely) rosey in the garden. 

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Almost everyone has said something like “if true” before or after making their point and a few have also said it contradicts Murtys words on it - don’t think many is lapping it up as fact 

if you stick "if true" in front of your opinion on shite it doesn't mean that shite becomes not shite. It's still shite and you are commenting on shite which means folk must see some truth in it to evoke a shite response.... wanker, gtf etc...

I'm not talking shite btw and if true then I will say so in the next post

32 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Another case of player power eh.  As there were plenty of media reported rumblings when Miller and others were sidelined for a bit and then made their comeback once friendly faced Murty was installed as the temp, so those not favoured these days also have views.      

He would seem to be looking towards the exit door, possibly with some of the others Pedro brought in, and in doing so making it clear that learner-driver managers should not be leaving players of his calibre out of the side in favour of picking local better-known and maybe more grateful faces.    A split dressing room is what is happening here imo - something Pedro alluded to before he was dumped with his belief that local players were not making the foreign arrivals welcome enough.    

The DOF, and King for that matter, must surely be asking questions about why expensively acquired players are not playing when they were brought in to be making a difference. 

This also points to the need to get a suitably experienced and respected manager in quickly.    Murty is just juggling the plates so to speak, keeping his known british faces content with games and sub appearances but marginalising those he does not seem to care much for.    You'd think a DOF would be getting a grip of all of this.   But no, our DOF is out there grabbing some air miles in the endless search for a new manager while some of the players the new manager might want to use are becoming restless watching amateur-hour being played out at managerial level, DOF level and at director level.    

I agree with most of that although given circumstances, I wouldn't blame the board for going through with the selection process as they had decided to do it.

Where they are to blame, is why it has all reached this stage and for 18 months of omnishambles.

I said a week or two ago that I thought they might end up getting the wrong man but with what seemed the 'right process'. I'd lean heavier toward that now.

Post the Kilmarnock draw was IMO crying out for an almost immediate approach for McInnes but the board were probably divided and having got the Pedro appt. wrong on a systemic level decided they had to take their time and do it in a 'thorough manner'. ...but it's really more about getting it right.

The AGM arrives at a time when the club needs to take stock and take measures/make changes at various levels.

57 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

This should surely be our last punt on an aging former top star. It clearly isn't working for us anymore. Millions upon millions of pounds topping up pensions. 

I would even Include Dorrans in that bracket. We need to stop buying names and start buying players on their current ability and a chance we can sell them on for a profit. 

1 minute ago, buster. said:

I agree with most of that although I wouldn't blame the board for going through with the selection process as they had decided to do it.

Where they are to blame, is why it has all reached this stage and for 18 months of omnishambles.

I said a week or two ago that I thought they might end up getting the wrong man but with what seemed the 'right process'. I'd lean heavier toward that now.

Post the Kilmarnock draw was IMO crying out for an almost immediate approach for McInnes but the board were probably divided and having got the Pedro appt. wrong on a systemic level decided they had to take their time and do it in a 'thorough manner'.

The AGM arrives at a time when the club needs to take stock and take measures/make changes at various levels.

If I went out for a meal with someone who worked in the catering trade and they took 45 minutes to decide what they wanted for dinner, it wouldn't give me a great deal of confidence in their ability. Four weeks nearly, and not even a clue who we will end up with? 

I think Alves genuinely wants to play so he makes the world cup squad for Portugal. Having him sat on the bench is nonsense and doesn't help anyone. 

He shouldn't be left out the squad for Wilson. Murty is playing a dangerous game. We're going to have to completely rebuild this squad again in summer if he alienates all of Pedro's signings. It's fucking stupidity