Jim McColl

hammer93

19 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Iirc , Jim McColl was at a fans meeting around the CG era and while he supported us I'm sure he said he hadn't the time or the finances ( I think they're tied up ) to take an active part . 

Dont see that changing. 

Jim McColl stepped back that night as he realised that the other 4 requisitioners were a shambles and clueless.  He has said that to 2 different acquaintances of mine.  The 4 of them told the fans bare faced lies that night.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Smile said:

Did he not state he wanted to help but not in monetary terms or be part of the Board. Or is that someone else I'm thinking of.

No, you're right. He give us the benefit of lending an ear.

I know him through business, as he is a significant supplier to us and met with him several times. KAI is right, he is a cunt. An arrogant cunt, who also doesn't do our bigotry as he would say it is. He really doesn't like talking Rangers. He is a money man and a serious tightwad and we have had several disputes with him chancing his arm commercially and fucked him off.

Don't like the guy, but then again, if he were to put in serious up front cash, we aint in a position to turn it down, but for reputational reasons, I can't see him being associated with us and btw, he detests King.

Just now, TheLawMan said:

Jim McColl stepped back that night as he realised that the other 4 requisitioners were a shambles and clueless.  He has said that to 2 different acquaintances of mine.  The 4 of them told the fans bare faced lies that night.

Looks like he was right .

Do you think with the right people he would be more interested  ? 

3 minutes ago, TheLawMan said:

I know he used to be interested and he certainly was more than capable.  Im not sure now to be honest.

Don't see it tbh . If he didn't back then when we needed all the help we could get I doubt he would now . 

from memory it must be close to 10yrs ago mcoll was the money behind a consortium wanting to take over from minty 

He wasn't named in the consortium but some dick in the media done some delving and leaked the name .mcoll pulled out as he wanted anonymity. 

reckon he didn't want to affect any tarrier related business 

Well he was certainly interested a few years back. Long time posters might remember a text that did the rounds that a highly respected mod on here whose info was usually spot on (I forget which mod) had said McColl was interested. Turns out it was correct but once he saw what a clusterfuck the books were and how deep in the shit we were he decided against it. 

1 hour ago, hammer93 said:

Jim McColl tried to get on board with us......"shows us yer money was the cry"

McColl wanted in but was resoundingly beaten in the vote....A self made billionaire who wouldn't stump up his own money but who has?

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

JIm McColl is a yes voting cunt I’d rather maintain our current position than have snake bastards like him own us 

I got as far as post #2 @K.A.I

McColl has had umpteen chances to step in, but always finds something that stops him :sarcasm: Fucking yes voting nationalist cunt.

I await the shouts for Kennedy, the Hivs supporting cunt to come to our rescue :megaanguish:

47 minutes ago, MisterC said:

Well he was certainly interested a few years back. Long time posters might remember a text that did the rounds that a highly respected mod on here whose info was usually spot on (I forget which mod) had said McColl was interested. Turns out it was correct but once he saw what a clusterfuck the books were and how deep in the shit we were he decided against it. 

He has publicly stated time after time that he would never invest money in Rangers or any other club but would offer advice if he had the time.

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

JIm McColl is a yes voting cunt I’d rather maintain our current position than have snake bastards like him own us 

If this guy can take us where we belong , at the top of the tree , I'd go for him . 

And trust me KAI , that won't turn me into a yesser. 

Just now, gmcf said:

If this guy can take us where we belong , at the top of the tree , I'd go for him . 

And trust me KAI , that won't turn me into a yesser. 

Nupe not for me yessers are on a par with the Craig Whytes of this world they’d rip the soul out our club 

3 hours ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

I’d take him if he has cash and wants to spend it, I have no principles.

I think we can still have principles, but I do think we’ll wait a long time before the guy who ticks ALL the boxes AND has enough cash presents himself!

16 minutes ago, HG5 said:

I think we can still have principles, but I do think we’ll wait a long time before the guy who ticks ALL the boxes AND has enough cash presents himself!

Exactly . There are obviously boundaries we cannot cross . 

But as far as JMcC is concerned , a Rangers fan , despite his yes connections , I'd go for in these trying times . In a perfect world , no , but I've really had it up to there right now , as far as the tarriers are concerned . 

From what ive heard Jim Mccoll doesn't spend his own money, thats partly how we got into this shambles in the first place.

Can't believe im saying this but whats needed is a McCann type to come in and underwrite a proper share issue, only issue with that is if the appetite is there for another issue?

7 hours ago, gmcf said:

Exactly . There are obviously boundaries we cannot cross . 

But as far as JMcC is concerned , a Rangers fan , despite his yes connections , I'd go for in these trying times . In a perfect world , no , but I've really had it up to there right now , as far as the tarriers are concerned . 

Exactly.

16 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

No, you're right. He give us the benefit of lending an ear.

I know him through business, as he is a significant supplier to us and met with him several times. KAI is right, he is a cunt. An arrogant cunt, who also doesn't do our bigotry as he would say it is. He really doesn't like talking Rangers. He is a money man and a serious tightwad and we have had several disputes with him chancing his arm commercially and fucked him off.

Don't like the guy, but then again, if he were to put in serious up front cash, we aint in a position to turn it down, but for reputational reasons, I can't see him being associated with us and btw, he detests King.

Just out of interest what does Jim McColl supply you with? 

18 hours ago, hammer93 said:

Jim McColl tried to get on board with us......"shows us yer money was the cry"

McColl wanted in but was resoundingly beaten in the vote....A self made billionaire who wouldn't stump up his own money but who has?

Jim McColl is a businessman first and foremost and a very successful one at that!!!!

This week I watched the launch of a ship from the Ferguson ship yard with more to come from what was an ailing shipyard.......in front of my eyes in the last few years I have witnessed my football club severely ail with no money and poor teams!!!!

1 Biggest home loss to the tims 

2 A 27yr home record to Aberdeen gone

3 The most humiliating result in Europe in our history 

4 Hamilton winning at Ibrox for the first time in 90 odd years

5 Tonight losing to the bottom club who have been dire all season 

Do people on here genuinely believe all this would or still be happening if McColl had got in the doors to power?

Admin...please move if you think necessary 

I would welcome MCcoll being involved - as you said though he wasn’t about to drop in millions. 

The reality is that to keep majority of our support onside, dave King’s bullshit flies better than anyone focusing on running the business well.

we are our own worst enemy at times!