On 24/11/2017 at 23:16, Blue Avenger said:

There IS only one Neil McCann after tonight's display!

Respect to the wee man. He thoroughly deserves all the accolades.

At the start of this managerial search, I said then I'd take Neil McCann. That was down to his pedigree as a Rangers player, his talent, his playing at the highest level and winning honours. This along with his knowledge and understanding of the game shown in his role as a pundit. He's forgot more than the also ran managers in this league. Could listen to him in bucket loads. I saw in him a future great Rangers manager.

He stepped up to take the Dundee job temporarily to save them from relegation. He saved them and decided to take up the challenge full time. They are a club seriously limited financially, with a threadbare squad not blessed with too much talent to say the least. That took courage and showed character. He could have sat back and took the easy money from TV, but he didn't and chose the tough earner.

It is also obvious from his TV punditry, he bleeds Rangers.

Lastly, knowing what this board could actually afford to bring in, we were/are never going to get a name, so why not McCann. Blooded in management with the toughest of challenges at Dundee and for all the other attributes I have mentioned.

I get the clamour for McInness, another Rangers man, but he is someone I don't rate and comparison to McCann, McCann is far more articulate and has forgotten more than McInness knows and pretty passionless, uninspiring manager IMO. Also in comparison to McCann, McInness has had a relatively easy time in his career here with the sheep, with us and other top teams out of the top league when he was taking Aberdeen to second place and would go as far to say, he is almost one of them.

No matter who we get in, it's going be a big ask and a tough ride. It's more long term now as we know this board are not going to provide the investment needed to make a challenge, so for me, who better than one of our own, who bleeds us and a very clued up guy, to take us back to where we belong and he become another Rangers great manager as he does it, because he does have the pedigree and attributes to be a great, when others do not.

Neil's agent couldn't have made a better endorsement of him , he's bias though, what's your excuse 🤣 FAR too soon.

Wish McCann all the best at Dundee, but Rangers job jesus christ. 

The problem with appointing a manager that bleeds Rangers is that the players don't. Wouldnt make a difference having PC or Neil Mccann, if the players heart aren't in the club, no manager will change that. They can boot them up the arse as much as they like. Without a team of players with the love of the club, theyll never change.

This is why I wish Halliday wasn't gash. Because at least he bleeds blue. Has the heart but not the ability.
The rest of the squad have neither really.

On 27/11/2017 at 11:08, stevemac said:

The problem with appointing a manager that bleeds Rangers is that the players don't. Wouldnt make a difference having PC or Neil Mccann, if the players heart aren't in the club, no manager will change that. They can boot them up the arse as much as they like. Without a team of players with the love of the club, theyll never change.

This is why I wish Halliday wasn't gash. Because at least he bleeds blue. Has the heart but not the ability.
The rest of the squad have neither really.

U couldn’t fault Pedros understanding of the club size or his passion, but it takes you only so far.

Just now, Jack The Flipper said:

U couldn’t fault Pedros understanding of the club size or his passion, but it takes you only so far.

That's it. You need the squad to have that same level of passion. If the squad don't have the passion its the manager that gets the axe.

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Means nothing. 

Means the bookies are going for one last push to score some cash before DM is appointed :p:

Not Sure why, but I’d like to see him in the job. He understands what we are all about, and he is clearly intelligent. I can’t imagine him doing worse than McInnes at all.

11 minutes ago, Marky. said:

Not Sure why, but I’d like to see him in the job. He understands what we are all about, and he is clearly intelligent. I can’t imagine him doing worse than McInnes at all.

I understand what u mean, I love the guy and he talks a lot of sense, but he doesn’t have a good record or the experience.

27 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

I understand what u mean, I love the guy and he talks a lot of sense, but he doesn’t have a good record or the experience.

No, that’s the glaring downside sadly. Won’t be considered as a result. He’d probably be doing just as average a job as McInnes at Aberdeen is though. Something about McCann I just like though compared to him.

Well if we know one thing out of this thread, it’s that it won’t be a pairing of McCann and JJ we get as manager.

19 hours ago, jjbscotty12 said:

Somebodys put a bit of money on mccann

1F39BAF2-4A43-497C-888B-DF738830121D.png

Must've been the forum racist.

No matter who it is, if its not McInness its going to be hilarious on here.:lol:

1 hour ago, Young Bob said:

No matter who it is, if its not McInness its going to be hilarious on here.:lol:

Ready, aim, ...

Pampers are fucking soaking at the thought.

Could well be in the running 

I said in the McInnes thread that he wasn't my first choice because of his record not really being one that grabs the attention and was the main reason why I was underwhelmed.

In the case of McCann, I actually don't mind the record he has. He's working at a club with one of the smallest budgets in the league, and, whilst not overachieving, they are still just 3 points from the top 6.

McCann though gives off an intelligent vibe, one that was obviously shown on the telly, but also his heart lies firmly at Ibrox.

Would definitely not be disappointed should he be the man. Maybe a bit underwhelmed, but not as much as I would have been under Derek.

I love McCann and would happily take him on as an assistant manager. However he’d need to prove himself over the next few years before I’d even consider giving him the managers role.

Aye, can’t wait to have a 5’8 timid pundit turned manager take the job at Rangers Football Club. Fuck me.

Ross, McCann, Wright, McLeish, Davies, O’Neill, McLaren, Murty. Any other embarrassing names to throw in the hat?