Would we accept a 3 year turnaround plan?

Dlydon81

Assuming we don’t have a daddy worbox waiting in the wings to fund a rapid turnaround, would we accept someone to come in with a realistic 3 year business plan (with modest financial injection to help deliver) to get us back to the top.

yr1 CY -  appoint a solid manager, trim and reshape the squad, implement a tried and tested system, critical stadium works, still scrape into Europe

yr2 next season - focus on finding ways to win the games against the rest and should secure 2nd/3rd place - we accept that any points off celtic were unexpected at this stage (would be a horrendous mindset I know) - Europe should be seen as a fun distraction but league matches should come first

Yr3 - confidently take to the pitch every week and believe that we’ll find the way to win the vast majority of matches learning from the previous season - take more points off celtic and take advantage of them dropping points against others as well - they’ve already dropped a fair few points this season.

i just don’t feel we are just one manager and a few signings away from sorting this mess out.  For me it needs a slight retreat to build up properly!  

Thoughts?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Dlydon81 said:

Assuming we don’t have a daddy worbox waiting in the wings to fund a rapid turnaround, would we accept someone to come in with a realistic 3 year business plan (with modest financial injection to help deliver) to get us back to the top.

yr1 CY -  appoint a solid manager, trim and reshape the squad, implement a tried and tested system, critical stadium works, still scrape into Europe

yr2 next season - focus on finding ways to win the games against the rest and should secure 2nd/3rd place - we accept that any points off celtic were unexpected at this stage (would be a horrendous mindset I know) - Europe should be seen as a film distraction but league matches should come first

Yr3 - confidently take to the pitch every week and believe that we’ll find the way to win the vast majority of matches learning from the previous season - take more points off celtic and take advantage of them dropping points against others as well - they’ve already dropped a fair few points this season.

i just don’t feel we are just one manager and a few signings away from sorting this mess out.  For me it needs a slight retreat to build up properly!  

Thoughts?

The way forward is for DK and PM to step down and let another board member take over, sort out a share issue, Which could help fund the points you made.

5 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

The way forward is for DK and PM to step down and let another board member take over, sort out a share issue, Which could help fund the points you made.

Who is waiting in the wings with the money and know how to take over ? Absolutely no cunt. Dave King might no be liked but he stepped in when needed and steadied the ship, unfortunately it’s now floating rudderless up a river we can’t begin to gift the tide and I believe he knows it but this board are majority shareholders and until someone comes up with the financial backing we need unfortunately these guys are here for the foreseeable future. 

2 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Believe me without Dave King we’d be a lot worse off. He’s not the answer now but he was the only answer at the time. I thank him fir that. 

So the answer was to get a board in that put us in so much debt we are Hamstrung financially to them. Surely wasting 10 million on Pedro and the duds has forced you to evaluate what they offer to us as a Club?

2 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

We need cash and a manager we can trust with the money.  Real problem is how do we get rid of the current squad many of which are contracted to 2020.

How do we get the cash when we just paid off Pedro and gave 3 million to Mike Ashley to keep King and Murray out of court plus owe 6.5 million loan in December.  

I don't know.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

So the answer was to get a board in that put us in so much debt we are Hamstrung financially to them. Surely wasting 10 million on Pedro and the duds has forced you to evaluate what they offer to us as a Club?

Mate I honestly don’t know, I don’t like everything we are getting put into by this board but by fuck somecunt had to change it from where it was and they did that fir that I’m thankful, you can disagree that’s fair enough. I know we need change mate we’re a fucking shambles. 

1 minute ago, Smile said:

How do we get the cash when we just paid off Pedro and gave 3 million to Mike Ashley to keep King and Murray out of court plus owe 6.5 million loan in December. 

I've no idea, but we need cash to rebuild the football team.  There's no denying it.  We can't wait 3 years for the current squad to fuck off.

Just now, 1690tamRFC said:

Mate I honestly don’t know, I don’t like everything we are getting put into by this board but by fuck somecunt had to change it from where it was and they did that fir that I’m thankful, you can disagree that’s fair enough. I know we need change mate we’re a fucking shambles. 

As I said I don't know where we go from here I can only hope something positive happens and we get some money and a decent manager from somewhere.

29 minutes ago, Dlydon81 said:

yr2 next season - focus on finding ways to win the games against the rest and should secure 2nd/3rd place - we accept that any points off celtic were unexpected at this stage (would be a horrendous mindset I know) - Europe should be seen as a fun distraction but league matches should come first

Thoughts?

I'm guessing you're young but I'm not guessing you're nieve because you are. It doesn't work that way.

No.

1 minute ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Most of these guys are contracted until 2020 and we still have 4 duds out on loan.  Clearing out the current squad is a big fucking problem.  

We always end up with payoffs then the player signs right away with another Club chuffed with his wee bonus.

1 minute ago, Sweetheart said:

I'd go with Park, He has the best chance of getting us back on AIM and with a NOMAD, I also think other investors would step forward once DK and PM step down and that the big tax case has now been sorted.

Park has money but I don't think there's any real interest from him to get involved in the way we would want him to.  We're looking for someone to come in, take centre stage, and plough money in, and he's not the one.

I have no fucking idea who the right guy could be or if there's anyone out there.  The club is in dire straits.

14 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Most of these guys are contracted until 2020 and we still have 4 duds out on loan.  Clearing out the current squad is a big fucking problem.  

This is the biggest obstacle to our success on the field.  

22 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Who is waiting in the wings with the money and know how to take over ? Absolutely no cunt. Dave King might no be liked but he stepped in when needed and steadied the ship, unfortunately it’s now floating rudderless up a river we can’t begin to gift the tide and I believe he knows it but this board are majority shareholders and until someone comes up with the financial backing we need unfortunately these guys are here for the foreseeable future. 

I agree we are rudderless until DK and PM step down they are both blocking progress. King pushed his way into power with his hostile take over. I don't think King has steadied the ship. 

We still have manager of no quality.

We still have limited investment in the youth system 

loans have increased

no bank overdraft

no shares issue 

no NOMAD

no listing on AIM

no plan

He made a pig's ear of the retail by posuring instead of taking it straight to court and letting them decide. then we find out 3m was paid to buy him out.

TAB ruling not honoured.

litigations and costs

As I said above The way forward is for DK and PM to step down and let another board member take over, sort out a share issue, other investors would step forward once DK and PM step down and the club doesn't have the big tax case hanging over the company any more.

13 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Park has money but I don't think there's any real interest from him to get involved in the way we would want him to.  We're looking for someone to come in, take centre stage, and plough money in, and he's not the one.

I have no fucking idea who the right guy could be or if there's anyone out there.  The club is in dire straits.

I agree but Park could find people who want to invest along with him,  the only stumbling block is DK and PM because of their baggage.