Would we accept a 3 year turnaround plan?

Dlydon81

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, Smile said:

How do we get the cash when we just paid off Pedro and gave 3 million to Mike Ashley to keep King and Murray out of court plus owe 6.5 million loan in December.  

I don't know.

Let's not forget DK tax liability in South Africa, the man will never be able to invest any significant amount. We are truly fucked.

1 hour ago, Smile said:

As I said I don't know where we go from here I can only hope something positive happens and we get some money and a decent manager from somewhere.

We've regressed on the playing side. The only way I see forward is with a board room change, blooding the youth, getting a manager that is out of contract, capping wages, and selling unwanted players as soon as we can. Once a share issue has brought some money into the club. We can start to move forward by spending the money in key areas, until this happens I believe we will remain stagnant

1 hour ago, Dlydon81 said:

Assuming we don’t have a daddy worbox waiting in the wings to fund a rapid turnaround, would we accept someone to come in with a realistic 3 year business plan (with modest financial injection to help deliver) to get us back to the top.

yr1 CY -  appoint a solid manager, trim and reshape the squad, implement a tried and tested system, critical stadium works, still scrape into Europe

yr2 next season - focus on finding ways to win the games against the rest and should secure 2nd/3rd place - we accept that any points off celtic were unexpected at this stage (would be a horrendous mindset I know) - Europe should be seen as a fun distraction but league matches should come first

Yr3 - confidently take to the pitch every week and believe that we’ll find the way to win the vast majority of matches learning from the previous season - take more points off celtic and take advantage of them dropping points against others as well - they’ve already dropped a fair few points this season.

i just don’t feel we are just one manager and a few signings away from sorting this mess out.  For me it needs a slight retreat to build up properly!  

Thoughts?

Yr4 - make a dent in europe. Finish 3rd in the group stages of the champions league and reach the semis of the Europa league.

Yr5 - Win the champions league which coincides with Kenny Miller being made Galactic President of Earth as we make first contact with intelligent species beyond Earth.

There's a 5 year plan but if I've learnt something in life it is that sometimes things don't turn out exactly how you want them to be so we can't possibly plan like that. It's fucking stupid.

3 years?  Do you expect all the other clubs to stand still for us?  There should have been a proper plan when we were coming through the divisions but I get the impression a number of people at the club thought we'd just have to turn up in the top division and the name would be enough to carry us to victory.  Looking at us season by season, can anyone honestly see a plan or even a semblance of one taking shape on the pitch?  We seem to be going nowhere and the big concern is we run at a loss and rely on directors subsidising the club just to have the current inept squad of players.  How the fuck do we radically improve the squad in those circumstances?

Before a balls kicked this season I was reasonably happy with our progress (i.e. Better team than last year wae the dross chopped), but for whatever reason it's no worked out, hey ho, so is it implosion time or does the desire to be resolute knowing that we're no quite there yet that drives you?  Tbf we're a hastily cobbled together team who cannae string a few wins together in a league where the shite opposition only turn up for the big bad Rangers.  Suck it up lads, at least yer no fenian monkeys ? ??

There should've been a 3 year plan in place for when we got promoted.

Too many thought it would be easy just because "we're Rangers", which means fuck all.

Never mind 10, at this rate with no plan and just going from year to year of shite they'll be getting 13, 14, 15.

The 3 year plan should have been done after we were liquidated. It’s unbelievable how we’ve royally fucked up such a great opportunity to do something unbelievable. Now we’re stuck with this shite, we’ve no money, no one willing to invest and everyone across the country is laughing at us! At this rate we won’t be in the spl when celtic get 10

We have a decent squad of players. Our first priority should be getting a manager in who can get the best out of them.

Secondly, with a transfer window coming up, we need to bring in at least a couple of players who will improve the team. We've been poor in the transfer market, so it time for Mark Allen and the new scouts to show their worth.

Thirdly, find a buyer for the likes of Herrera and Pena. Unfortunately we're unlikely to get much in the way of transfer fees but hopefully we can at least get them off the wage bill.

This should be enough for 2nd place this season and we would require further strengthening in the Summer.

But possibly most important off all, we need to identify then rectify the failings in our boardroom.

15 minutes ago, five stars said:

We have a decent squad of players. Our first priority should be getting a manager in who can get the best out of them.

Secondly, with a transfer window coming up, we need to bring in at least a couple of players who will improve the team. We've been poor in the transfer market, so it time for Mark Allen and the new scouts to show their worth.

Thirdly, find a buyer for the likes of Herrera and Pena. Unfortunately we're unlikely to get much in the way of transfer fees but hopefully we can at least get them off the wage bill.

This should be enough for 2nd place this season and we would require further strengthening in the Summer.

But possibly most important off all, we need to identify then rectify the failings in our boardroom.

We do not have a decent squad of players, hence why we’re potentially set to be 6th/7th after the Aberdeen double header. 

We need a Fergus McCann type person who can inject X amount immediately and bring a proven manager in and stop them . Failing that then 10 in a row and surpassing 54 titles will happen . 

We are in free fall and we have players who've no confidence and a manager who is broken . If we continue like this we may never catch them .

I would only accept it under a new board who would have to clean up the current boards mess. 

Certainly not accept the current boards 3 year plan. We are meant to be in the middle of a five year plan. If I'm correct this season we should be challenging celtic by their own timescales. 

7 hours ago, Dlydon81 said:

Assuming we don’t have a daddy worbox waiting in the wings to fund a rapid turnaround, would we accept someone to come in with a realistic 3 year business plan (with modest financial injection to help deliver) to get us back to the top.

yr1 CY -  appoint a solid manager, trim and reshape the squad, implement a tried and tested system, critical stadium works, still scrape into Europe.

I stopped right there as so far our present board has fucked that bit twic e now.

And so far all the signs are  they actualy don't have the ability or commitment to do this basic task.

Actually I should have stopped at "appoint a solid manager"............

On a more positive note, the weather is still nice in Johannesburg.

Turnaround to win the league and get us Champions League nights then yes but there’s no way I’m accepting a 3 year plan to establish ourselves as second and cut out the sort of results we’ve had past week - that should be an instant fix 

3 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

I'm guessing you're young but I'm not guessing you're nieve because you are. It doesn't work that way.

No.

It’s a hypothetical question really - I’m not daft or naieve and can’t see any likelihood of this happening and it it did it would be helluva more complicated than my high level breakdown

.Even if there was something like this in the pipeline, I think a lot of our fans would not be willing to accept the timescale.