Would we accept a 3 year turnaround plan?

Dlydon81

37 minutes ago, tannerall said:

I stopped right there as so far our present board has fucked that bit twic e now.

And so far all the signs are  they actualy don't have the ability or commitment to do this basic task.

Actually I should have stopped at "appoint a solid manager"............

In the hypothetical example I was kind of assuming it would involve a new investor/board - totally agree re the current board - they should be frog marched out the door

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Accepting letting the Tarriers get 9 in a row :lol: 

In the hypothetical example we’d stop them after 8..........regardless, it just sums up how far away I think we are from mounting any semblance of a challenge.

39 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Turnaround to win the league and get us Champions League nights then yes but there’s no way I’m accepting a 3 year plan to establish ourselves as second and cut out the sort of results we’ve had past week - that should be an instant fix 

Yeh we’d win the league in year 3 of the plan. It would essentially mean accepting that next season is a bridging season preparing to mount a proper challenge in year 3.

i can’t stretch the imagination to the point where we are back in the CL proper anytime in this plan though - qualification will be nigh on impossible for years to come with our nil coefficient.

This was the sort if thing that should've been done after admin.

Come through the league's with a young team and getting everything behind the scenes sorted out.

Appointing Ally and paying big wages while playing against part time teams was a massive mistake. 

No idea what the answer is now it's just depressing as fuck

7 hours ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Who is waiting in the wings with the money and know how to take over ? Absolutely no cunt. Dave King might no be liked but he stepped in when needed and steadied the ship, unfortunately it’s now floating rudderless up a river we can’t begin to gift the tide and I believe he knows it but this board are majority shareholders and until someone comes up with the financial backing we need unfortunately these guys are here for the foreseeable future. 

Believe there is nothing steadied in this ship.

The accounts are a car crash and we are more toxic than nuclear waste.

We are now steeped in an ethos of failure, lies and deceipt. The cancer eminating from the boardroom has now permeated through the whole organisation. Pride and all that is wholesome, has left the building

Rid ourselves of the cancer and we might just start getting this turned around. 

7 hours ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Believe me without Dave King we’d be a lot worse off. He’s not the answer now but he was the only answer at the time. I thank him fir that. 

I thank him for fuck all. He's a fucking fraud and a liar.

Im afraid we missed the boat on that one. 2012 was an opportunity to rebuild, five years later and our squad is weaker than the one that won third division title. Away fans shout "You'r not Rangers anymore". They're not wrong, we've lost our identity as a football club and that's not the Rangers we all love.

7 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

The way forward is for DK and PM to step down and let another board member take over, sort out a share issue, Which could help fund the points you made.

For me

The only way forward

Sack JT and get someone in , to take on our many enemies

3 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Never mind 9, they've already got 10 wrapped up imo 

All this talk of plans is absolutey pointless when we have fuck all money. We winning the league in the next few years? Do folk not realise the times are banking 30 million a year on CL football before the ST sales and other income come into play? What do we have to try to overcome that deficit? It will be a complete shambles if they don' get 10iar, it' basically guaranteed given how skint and the state we are in.

I think people on here think some guy is going to appear from no where and wipe the debt while chucking millions into us, that' ridiculous thinking. Scottish football is dead and buried while the only thing that can keep a team afloat is CL football where you make more in one group stage than winning the league 15 times over.

12 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

The right manager with the right financial clout behind him sorts this out in 18 months.

Talk of three year plans is the sort of nonsense Mark Warburton would come out.

6 months. 2 windows. January and next summer. The right man only needs that to genuinely challenge next season and salvage something thus season. 

8 hours ago, Dlydon81 said:

Assuming we don’t have a daddy worbox waiting in the wings to fund a rapid turnaround, would we accept someone to come in with a realistic 3 year business plan (with modest financial injection to help deliver) to get us back to the top.

yr1 CY -  appoint a solid manager, trim and reshape the squad, implement a tried and tested system, critical stadium works, still scrape into Europe

yr2 next season - focus on finding ways to win the games against the rest and should secure 2nd/3rd place - we accept that any points off celtic were unexpected at this stage (would be a horrendous mindset I know) - Europe should be seen as a fun distraction but league matches should come first

Yr3 - confidently take to the pitch every week and believe that we’ll find the way to win the vast majority of matches learning from the previous season - take more points off celtic and take advantage of them dropping points against others as well - they’ve already dropped a fair few points this season.

i just don’t feel we are just one manager and a few signings away from sorting this mess out.  For me it needs a slight retreat to build up properly!  

Thoughts?

We turnover £30 million a year, our  rival turns over £90 million a year.  In 3 years time they will have turned over £180 million more than us.

good  luck with your plan

55 minutes ago, Parlaneloyal said:

This was the sort if thing that should've been done after admin.

Come through the league's with a young team and getting everything behind the scenes sorted out.

Appointing Ally and paying big wages while playing against part time teams was a massive mistake. 

No idea what the answer is now it's just depressing as fuck

Realistically we cant challenge for the title with current budget. We have brought in two completely different managers with different philosophies and haven't moved forward an inch. Bringing in another manager with same set of circumstances wont work either.

For me, we either need a massive influx of cash/regime change etc - i dont know how likely that is...not very would be my guess

The other option is longer term strategy &  going with youth. Start recruiting the very best youth coaches from around Europe from teams that traditionally feed the bigger clubs with talent. We should also snap up the best young players in uk too and gain a reputation as the best club to develop young players. 

Now i know we should have done this years ago but i think it could still work, although it could take a number of years to pay dividends.

If we carry on as is, i dont see how we can bridge the gap. Its starting to become a scotland manager scenario where you fail to qualify, then the next guy comes in etc etc

The op is right in that we need a plan, properly costed with realistic goals and timescales.

8 hours ago, Dlydon81 said:

Assuming we don’t have a daddy worbox waiting in the wings to fund a rapid turnaround, would we accept someone to come in with a realistic 3 year business plan (with modest financial injection to help deliver) to get us back to the top.

yr1 CY -  appoint a solid manager, trim and reshape the squad, implement a tried and tested system, critical stadium works, still scrape into Europe

yr2 next season - focus on finding ways to win the games against the rest and should secure 2nd/3rd place - we accept that any points off celtic were unexpected at this stage (would be a horrendous mindset I know) - Europe should be seen as a fun distraction but league matches should come first

Yr3 - confidently take to the pitch every week and believe that we’ll find the way to win the vast majority of matches learning from the previous season - take more points off celtic and take advantage of them dropping points against others as well - they’ve already dropped a fair few points this season.

i just don’t feel we are just one manager and a few signings away from sorting this mess out.  For me it needs a slight retreat to build up properly!  

Thoughts?

There’s a big jump from 2 to 3.

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

Believe there is nothing steadied in this ship.

The accounts are a car crash and we are more toxic than nuclear waste.

We are now steeped in an ethos of failure, lies and deceipt. The cancer eminating from the boardroom has now permeated through the whole organisation. Pride and all that is wholesome, has left the building

Rid ourselves of the cancer and we might just start getting this turned around. 

The accounts are not ‘car crash’ as you say.

We are running at a loss, but it was expected.

6 minutes ago, gersandy said:

The accounts are not ‘car crash’ as you say.

We are running at a loss, but it was expected.

Sadly they are a car crash because we are effectively reliant on "payday" loans and once in that cycle its very difficult to get back out of it! The AGM will probably approve a new share issue but almost certainly that release will be utilized to cover those loans with no "real" money coming in for investment in the Club as promised by DK! No significant external investors will touch us as they wont do business with a crook and the whiff of corruption and incompetence in the boardroom will continue to chase away anyone once they have completed their due diligence. So share release doesn't achieve anything, we restart the cycle of loans and the message will be broadcast again and again from within all the controlled supporter groups that the fans need to do more, spend more on retail, buy more tickets, buy the shares, buy anything that generates enough capital for them to badly run the Club on our £££. Sadly they dont even run it very well with the huge amounts of cash already provided by the fans.