Would we accept a 3 year turnaround plan?

Dlydon81

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, The Godfather said:

All this talk of plans is absolutey pointless when we have fuck all money. We winning the league in the next few years? Do folk not realise the times are banking 30 million a year on CL football before the ST sales and other income come into play? What do we have to try to overcome that deficit? It will be a complete shambles if they don' get 10iar, it' basically guaranteed given how skint and the state we are in.

I think people on here think some guy is going to appear from no where and wipe the debt while chucking millions into us, that' ridiculous thinking. Scottish football is dead and buried while the only thing that can keep a team afloat is CL football where you make more in one group stage than winning the league 15 times over.

Exactly. Fuck, I was even being optimistic when I said 10 as if they'll even stop there 

9 hours ago, Dlydon81 said:

Assuming we don’t have a daddy worbox waiting in the wings to fund a rapid turnaround, would we accept someone to come in with a realistic 3 year business plan (with modest financial injection to help deliver) to get us back to the top.

yr1 CY -  appoint a solid manager, trim and reshape the squad, implement a tried and tested system, critical stadium works, still scrape into Europe

yr2 next season - focus on finding ways to win the games against the rest and should secure 2nd/3rd place - we accept that any points off celtic were unexpected at this stage (would be a horrendous mindset I know) - Europe should be seen as a fun distraction but league matches should come first

Yr3 - confidently take to the pitch every week and believe that we’ll find the way to win the vast majority of matches learning from the previous season - take more points off celtic and take advantage of them dropping points against others as well - they’ve already dropped a fair few points this season.

i just don’t feel we are just one manager and a few signings away from sorting this mess out.  For me it needs a slight retreat to build up properly!  

Thoughts?

Thats all well and good looking at it that way but what happens in the 3rd year if the sheep are still as strong against the rest or the tims are even stronger.

The only plan we need is one to be vastly better than we are today and then build on it

2 hours ago, DBBTB said:

The right manager with the right financial clout behind him sorts this out in 18 months.

Talk of three year plans is the sort of nonsense Mark Warburton would come out with

Ok in your scenario we win the league next year - my hypothetical 3 (well 2.5) year plan see us doing that the season after next - and even that’s optimistic imo as there is no financial clout round the corner.

1 hour ago, gersandy said:

The accounts are not ‘car crash’ as you say.

We are running at a loss, but it was expected.

They are a car crash. They reak unsustainibility. We cannot live within our means. Loans and more loans. Call one in and we are toast. We are maxed out. We ARE a car crash, both on the field and off it, but both do go together. 

1 hour ago, NixonRFC said:

Thats all well and good looking at it that way but what happens in the 3rd year if the sheep are still as strong against the rest or the tims are even stronger.

The only plan we need is one to be vastly better than we are today and then build on it

You missed out the "how" bit as we need a strategy in how do we get better.

57 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

I don’t believe Aberdeen are that strong - their win rate is only 60% this season which isn’t something we should struggle to achieve in normal circumstances.

in my (granted very optimistic) scenario the success comes from Us being very consistent against the 10 teams who we have considerably more resources than and bank on celtic dropping points at the rate they’ve done so this year.

the old firm games take care of themselves in my scenario.

very hypothetical as we’re so far away from this it’s frightening.

Just now, Blue Avenger said:

You missed out the "how" bit as we need a strategy in how do we get better.

Agreed - there are massive assumptions in there - even someone willing to put in modest investment and a strategy is difficult to envisage at the moment.

1 hour ago, bluenose244 said:

Absolutely not! 

We are currently in year three of their current "turnaround plan" 

Rangers fans have shown enough tolerance and patience. 

That’s one of reason prompting my question. Would we as a support be open to someone coming in talking about this type of timeframe - I think a lot of us are done waiting albeit nothing looks like happening immediately or a guy with a plan!

1 minute ago, Dlydon81 said:

I don’t believe Aberdeen are that strong - their win rate is only 60% this season which isn’t something we should struggle to achieve in normal circumstances.

in my (granted very optimistic) scenario the success comes from Us being very consistent against the 10 teams who we have considerably more resources than and bank on celtic dropping points at the rate they’ve done so this year.

the old firm games take care of themselves in my scenario.

very hypothetical as we’re so far away from this it’s frightening.

They aren't. We are just pish, with chaos all around us.

We have players of mediocrity and that in itself breeds inconsistency. We have no manager and no money and all that provides is uncertainty and instability, far less the upheavel yet again if we ever get another manager. We do not have much going for us. 

If the scum don't take another five off us, we will be very fortunate, because that team from the keeper out, are just not up to it. 

Fuck all this long term planning at this late date. everything seems wrong at the club these days and I just want to have some sort of belief back on match days.

I might have if I had a vision of a decent ,manager coming in very soon but who the fuck is that going to be?

12 hours ago, Dlydon81 said:

Assuming we don’t have a daddy worbox waiting in the wings to fund a rapid turnaround, would we accept someone to come in with a realistic 3 year business plan (with modest financial injection to help deliver) to get us back to the top.

yr1 CY -  appoint a solid manager, trim and reshape the squad, implement a tried and tested system, critical stadium works, still scrape into Europe

yr2 next season - focus on finding ways to win the games against the rest and should secure 2nd/3rd place - we accept that any points off celtic were unexpected at this stage (would be a horrendous mindset I know) - Europe should be seen as a fun distraction but league matches should come first

Yr3 - confidently take to the pitch every week and believe that we’ll find the way to win the vast majority of matches learning from the previous season - take more points off celtic and take advantage of them dropping points against others as well - they’ve already dropped a fair few points this season.

i just don’t feel we are just one manager and a few signings away from sorting this mess out.  For me it needs a slight retreat to build up properly!  

Thoughts?

No but it’s what we need - I also suspect that is the boards plan and if only it was as easy as appointing the ‘right’ manager but it is what we need to accept but the problem is many won’t accept it so we go on a negative spiral of manager sackings and turning on the board. 

8 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

No but it’s what we need - I also suspect that is the boards plan and if only it was as easy as appointing the ‘right’ manager but it is what we need to accept but the problem is many won’t accept it so we go on a negative spiral of manager sackings and turning on the board. 

You are beyond a joke - not sacking piss poor managers, not holding liars and inepts in our boardroom to account and not investing serious money (collating all your posts today together) is your recipe for success later down the line? 

Baffled is an understatement 

i don’t even think you believe half the pish you type - your wee brain just goes into a set mode 

19 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

You are beyond a joke - not sacking piss poor managers, not holding liars and inepts in our boardroom to account and not investing serious money (collating all your posts today together) is your recipe for success later down the line? 

Baffled is an understatement 

i don’t even think you believe half the pish you type - your wee brain just goes into a set mode 

At least I have a brain that functions independently of the cliched tripe you spout out. That’s collating all your posts. 

2 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

They aren't. We are just pish, with chaos all around us.

We have players of mediocrity and that in itself breeds inconsistency. We have no manager and no money and all that provides is uncertainty and instability, far less the upheavel yet again if we ever get another manager. We do not have much going for us. 

If the scum don't take another five off us, we will be very fortunate, because that team from the keeper out, are just not up to it. 

Agreed on all fronts

3 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

They are a car crash. They reak unsustainibility. We cannot live within our means. Loans and more loans. Call one in and we are toast. We are maxed out. We ARE a car crash, both on the field and off it, but both do go together. 

The alternative is????

the Rangers support isn't patient enough for 3 years but at this rate it will be much more than 3 years before we win the league

we do need a plan in place tho. Anything's better than crossing our fingers and hoping things work out like the current board and the boycotters are doing

the fact is the board have no plan, nothing set in place, they're winging it as is evidenced by their managerial appointments, they literally don't know what to do next

2 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

what do you think the boards plan is? They're clearly just winging it, they're pissing into the wind. What have they done that makes you think they have any sort of plan?

even if you forget the financial side of their shambles, they appointed Warburton who had less than 5 years managerial experience, they then appointed Pedro who no one had heard of as manager, and then appointed a DOF after appointing a manager. In between then they've sacked 2 managers without having a clue who they were going to bring in to replace them. 

Our CEO doesn't even spend more than a week in this country at a time

seriously, what makes you think they even have a plan let alone a good plan? 

37 minutes ago, gersandy said:

The alternative is????

A car crash takes money to sort, new manager, new players and we are living on pay day loans, there is no alternative, basically we are fucked for years to come but one alternative is to get people who can actually run a football club.

Choosing Pedro was pure fantasy and we don’t have the money to dream, these dreamers have to be chased out of the club before it’s too late, surely even they must know that they have hit a brick wall with nowhere to go.

52 minutes ago, gersandy said:

The alternative is????

That's up to the board. They admit their failure and go find a buyer for a reasonable price. At 20 mil in debt, no cunt is playing and rightly so. Any preditor will know as the rest of the planet knows, we are unsustainable, dysfunctional, surrounded in chaos and that this crew will fold sooner or later and they will take us for a song.

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

That's up to the board. They admit their failure and go find a buyer for a reasonable price. At 20 mil in debt, no cunt is playing and rightly so. Any preditor will know as the rest of the planet knows, we are unsustainable, dysfunctional, surrounded in chaos and that this crew will fold sooner or later and they will take us for a song.

But you told us otherwise?

Unless you lied about your friend trying to buy us?