Would we accept a 3 year turnaround plan?

Dlydon81

A three year plan would be great because at the moment it looks a lot more than three years. In order for any plan to work this board have to appoint a manager with some reputation and pay the going rate to achieve that goal.

Last two managers Warburton, he had a season and half at Brentford before Rangers and Pedro an absolute no mark with no record to speak of whatsoever.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, Dlydon81 said:

Assuming we don’t have a daddy worbox waiting in the wings to fund a rapid turnaround, would we accept someone to come in with a realistic 3 year business plan (with modest financial injection to help deliver) to get us back to the top.

yr1 CY -  appoint a solid manager, trim and reshape the squad, implement a tried and tested system, critical stadium works, still scrape into Europe

yr2 next season - focus on finding ways to win the games against the rest and should secure 2nd/3rd place - we accept that any points off celtic were unexpected at this stage (would be a horrendous mindset I know) - Europe should be seen as a fun distraction but league matches should come first

Yr3 - confidently take to the pitch every week and believe that we’ll find the way to win the vast majority of matches learning from the previous season - take more points off celtic and take advantage of them dropping points against others as well - they’ve already dropped a fair few points this season.

i just don’t feel we are just one manager and a few signings away from sorting this mess out.  For me it needs a slight retreat to build up properly!  

Thoughts?

was,nt that warburton then pedro both had this plan.wait till 5/6 youths burst through?

17 hours ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Believe me without Dave King we’d be a lot worse off. He’s not the answer now but he was the only answer at the time. I thank him fir that. 

I’ve made this point I agree with you. However in a cycle whether that’s sport or business you go through phases. The first bit was to secure things fiscally which the board have done. But now we need real investment on a similar scale to Souness.  I don’t think the current board have the desire to invest on that scale so we need change.  The problem is over the time that Murray wanted to sell there were no buyers.  And as far as we know there isn’t anyone waiting in the wings and if there was something would have broken either in the press or on the internet.  

So we can pretty much assume there aren’t alternatives now - unless someone knows something we don’t.  

31 minutes ago, thedarvelmarvel said:

was,nt that warburton then pedro both had this plan.wait till 5/6 youths burst through?

Yeh, I was thinking more hypothetically someone coming in  at a more governance level (eg a better version of Ashley or king) with a modest amount of cash injection and a 3 year plan - as part of that they would appoint a manager who would be given more time by board and us fans.

all very hypothetical (not to mention overly optimistic!)

4 hours ago, With Heart and Hand said:

what do you think the boards plan is? They're clearly just winging it, they're pissing into the wind. What have they done that makes you think they have any sort of plan?

even if you forget the financial side of their shambles, they appointed Warburton who had less than 5 years managerial experience, they then appointed Pedro who no one had heard of as manager, and then appointed a DOF after appointing a manager. In between then they've sacked 2 managers without having a clue who they were going to bring in to replace them. 

Our CEO doesn't even spend more than a week in this country at a time

seriously, what makes you think they even have a plan let alone a good plan? 

Sigh - let’s start with your ceo nonsense - King is our chairman - closest to a CEO is our MD Robertson and I’m pretty sure he spends most of his time at the club!

War Burton ‘only’ had 5 years experience fs - Walter Smithband Souness has none. 

Who cares if you’d never heard of Pedro - should our search not be world wide? 

Rangers is a big cub and experienced or not we won’t know how any manager is until they are here! 

18 hours ago, TrueBlueA said:

The 3 year plan should have been done after we were liquidated. It’s unbelievable how we’ve royally fucked up such a great opportunity to do something unbelievable. Now we’re stuck with this shite, we’ve no money, no one willing to invest and everyone across the country is laughing at us! At this rate we won’t be in the spl when celtic get 10

Oh really.

16 hours ago, DBBTB said:

The right manager with the right financial clout behind him sorts this out in 18 months.

Talk of three year plans is the sort of nonsense Mark Warburton would come out with.

This.

Walter walked into a fucking shambles and had us in a European final within 18 months.

9 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

Please could you link where this 7 year plan can be found.

When King and Murray took over Murray stated it was a seven year plan to get back to the top  with perhaps winning a cup and doing well in the league after about 3 or 4 years. It was right at the beginning of the take over, you will have to look at that periods media.

9 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

Please could you link where this 7 year plan can be found.

Rangers board have 2022 Vision as they aim to get 'back to the very top' in time for club's 150th anniversary

INTERIM chairman Paul Murray said the new board had a plan for Rangers to be "back at the very top" in seven years time despite revealing losses of £2.6m for the final six months of 2014.

Here is extract from the daily Record, just google ‘Rangers seven year plan to get back to the top’

i think some people need to have their priorities right our immediate concern is for our immediate future ie funding,  everything else is secondary, we may forget about catching celtic for 10 in a row they will moon walk it but we need to focus invest in youth set ups more than bring in £3m duds, its all ifs and buts if we dont get a strong "long term" manager who can turn us around on the park

The club and the board in the summer should have been setting a short term goal, a medium term goal and a long term goal both on the park and off.

For me this season was to take 2nd from aberdeen and close the points gap to celtic (within 15 points) and get to a cup final (preferably winning it). Not lofty or anything but progress and then you reassess in the summer and build on what you have done in the last year.

With the way the board are giving managers money (let's say 7 mil a year) it will take more than one season to build a title winning side. A decent manager would also speed up this process.

1 hour ago, SIRB_72 said:

The club and the board in the summer should have been setting a short term goal, a medium term goal and a long term goal both on the park and off.

For me this season was to take 2nd from aberdeen and close the points gap to celtic (within 15 points) and get to a cup final (preferably winning it). Not lofty or anything but progress and then you reassess in the summer and build on what you have done in the last year.

With the way the board are giving managers money (let's say 7 mil a year) it will take more than one season to build a title winning side. A decent manager would also speed up this process.

Spot on

8 hours ago, SIRB_72 said:

Agree mate. Anyone running any sort of business has a year plan, a three to five year plan and a ten or fifteen year plan.

King doesn't have any of these.

I seen someone say they are only 12 trophies behind us overall. Another 3 this year and it will only be a few years before they are the worlds most successful club. What a incredible state of affairs. 3 years ago the board promised to invest to stop their dominance. 3 fucking years ago. And we've suffered nothing but failure since. 

3 hours ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Agree mate. Anyone running any sort of business has a year plan, a three to five year plan and a ten or fifteen year plan.

King doesn't have any of these.

His plan was the immediate stopping of celtic. Those are his words We would run at a loss and invest heavily to stop them. And that it needed done right away....3 years later..........he's been found to be a liar.