Would we accept a 3 year turnaround plan?

Dlydon81

2 hours ago, Tenerife Bear said:

I seen someone say they are only 12 trophies behind us overall. Another 3 this year and it will only be a few years before they are the worlds most successful club. What a incredible state of affairs. 3 years ago the board promised to invest to stop their dominance. 3 fucking years ago. And we've suffered nothing but failure since. 

We're tarnishing every other record on the park so why not rip up that too?

It would be truly devestating if that was taken away too. That would be worse than them reaching 10 but something makes me think they two records will go hand in hand the way it's going. 

It's fucking shite!

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Tenerife Bear said:

I seen someone say they are only 12 trophies behind us overall. Another 3 this year and it will only be a few years before they are the worlds most successful club. What a incredible state of affairs. 3 years ago the board promised to invest to stop their dominance. 3 fucking years ago. And we've suffered nothing but failure since. 

I agree. what hurts most, is that whilst the board are playing at being custodians of Rangers, our titles, records and trophy history is being crushed. 

14 hours ago, Rev LoveJoy said:

i think some people need to have their priorities right our immediate concern is for our immediate future ie funding,  everything else is secondary, we may forget about catching celtic for 10 in a row they will moon walk it but we need to focus invest in youth set ups more than bring in £3m duds, its all ifs and buts if we dont get a strong "long term" manager who can turn us around on the park

The ‘problem’ with getting a long term manager in is the fans won’t accept ‘long term’ unless we are winning every week - the very fact we are rebuilding means we won’t fire on all cylinders and that improvement is gradual not instant. Far to many think it’s a matter of weeks not seasons 

The board have made investments into the squad, enough so that we should at the very least be comfortably the 2nd best team in the country and at the very least closing the gap towards celtic, if not challenging them just yet. With the money we've spent and the wages we pay, that should be what is expected. 

However all of their decisions in the way that money has been spent, and who they've entrusted with spending their money has been the wrong person for the job and that blame lies firmly at their doorstep. 

Now we are in a position where, do they again fork out to have a new manager spend a similar amount to try close the gap? I would suggest our wage bill is now higher this season than it was last season so do we increase it even more, subsequently adding to our already rising debt level? 

They are now in a catch 22 situation and it's all created by themselves and the incompetent people they employed. This board don't deserve another 'three year plan'. They've blown their chance and it's now time to find new owners with more intelligence and competence than these idiots. 

11 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

The ‘problem’ with getting a long term manager in is the fans won’t accept ‘long term’ unless we are winning every week - the very fact we are rebuilding means we won’t fire on all cylinders and that improvement is gradual not instant. Far to many think it’s a matter of weeks not seasons 

I think it's wrong to tarnish fans with 'got to win every week' brush. I believe most fans just want value for money. They've paid a lot for there ST's and feel robbed by the team not showing up on the park.  It's good to win, a draw is acceptable and as long as the teams put 100% effort we'll take a loss on the chin.

23 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

The board have already had seasons to put a plan in place :sarcasm:

1 hour ago, Sweetheart said:

I think it's wrong to tarnish fans with 'got to win every week' brush. I believe most fans just want value for money. They've paid a lot for there ST's and feel robbed by the team not showing up on the park.  It's good to win, a draw is acceptable and as long as the teams put 100% effort we'll take a loss on the chin.

Any loss and many on here accuse the players of not giving 100% no matter what has gone before 

2 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

What a lot of absolute shite.

6 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

I agree. what hurts most, is that whilst the board are playing at being custodians of Rangers, our titles, records and trophy history is being crushed. 

Mind the mayhem the mere thought of having titles stripped under the spivs? I don't see how this is any different mate. Our board are sitting back and allowing such an average celtic side to lift trophies at will.  It's a clear dereliction of duty. 

On 25/11/2017 at 17:14, Smile said:

So we should now embrace Mediocrity on and off the Pitch as there is no alternative. 

Keep them and watch us go to the wall under a mountain of Debt.

Well I’d accept mediocriy for a few years if it meant we could could get to a point where we sustained a title challenge year after year. 

16 minutes ago, gersandy said:

Well I’d accept mediocriy for a few years if it meant we could could get to a point where we sustained a title challenge year after year. 

Your wish under this board seems to have been Granted for years to come, bar the Sustained Title challenge as we will be out of that race before Christmas every year under this board.