David Edgar nails it again

K.A.I

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, Smile said:

I listen to his podcast now and enjoy it, on FF I used to have some real differences of opinion with him but he's changed a lot over the years and I find myself agreeing with him more.

But now on FF they are allowed to say naughty things about the Board. I think David is the unofficial RST (C1872 for the braindead) mouthpiece.

1 minute ago, Young Bob said:

But now on FF they are allowed to say naughty things about the Board. I think David is the unofficial RST (C1872 for the braindead) mouthpiece.

I noticed that they are adopting a more relaxed attitude they had to as they had no members with opinions I laugh when I think of some of their admin and moderators had multiple logins didn't even hide it.

13 minutes ago, Smile said:

I listen to his podcast now and enjoy it, on FF I used to have some real differences of opinion with him but he's changed a lot over the years and I find myself agreeing with him more.

Likewise.

I used to think he was one of the original "paid-hands" types when he was in the RST but I like him a lot more these days.

I think he started to change his mindset when David Murray phoned his boss up and tried to get him sacked for criticising him on air one time.

I used to actively avoid Edgar when I used to go to do's and functions (wouldn't be seen dead at the majority of them now) but I'd happily buy David Edgar a pint and spent time with him/give him the time of day. 

Good bluenose IMO.

His podcast should be compulsory listening for King, the directors, the DOF, Murty and his training colleagues and the first team squad this week.   The measured tone is controlled but its very clear an underlying and justifiable anger there.   Something that is, imo, a good reflection of the feelings of a lot of Supporters, and something that the directors should be aware of because the underlying message enough is enough and there must be significantly better leadership at the Club and fundamentally better football management ......and immediately.

I don't know what sort of distribution his podcast gets but if its not already in the hands of the execs and management at the Club then maybe it should be sent to them.

19 minutes ago, Smile said:

I noticed that they are adopting a more relaxed attitude they had to as they had no members with opinions I laugh when I think of some of their admin and moderators had multiple logins didn't even hide it.

If they didn’t like what I was saying I used to get “away to your bed”

Aye alright, dad

ha

Regardless of your opinion re FF or 1872 the bloke has it spot on.

We, the fans, I count myself and all the overseas support as fans are fed up to the back teeth with the shambles that is Rangers.

Most of us older supporters have been through the ups and downs of supporting Rangers over the last, in my case, 60 years.

The fans have been the only constant over the last six years. We are the ones who are subjected to the ridicule in he media, other fans e.g. Dundee fans singing you're no Rangers any more and from workplace mates. The fans who have turned up year after year paid their hard earned money are the ones who have been mislead. They are the ones who turn up at Ibrox each game and fill the stadium, turn up at all these wee clubs grounds and given them their best game receipts of the season. 

The various boards we have had over the last six years have all failed dismally to resurrect our club, despite their hollow claims to be true Rangers men. They have all been and are charlatans of the highest order. The only thing keeping this institution alive is the fans. For without the season ticket money the gates would have closed years ago.

Unless something miraculous happens at the AGM and the appointment of a manager that will get the team winning again we had better get used to not being Rangers anymore.

Very hard to disagree with anything he said, sadly.   I think the new manager announcement is either being held back till just before the AGM.

I heard a rumour from a M8 back home that it could be Murty with KM as his assistant, that would be the final straw for me.  

3 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Very hard to disagree with anything he said, sadly.   I think the new manager announcement is either being held back till just before the AGM.

I heard a rumour from a M8 back home that it could be Murty with KM as his assistant, that would be the final straw for me.  

Fffs, let's hope your mate is unreliable. Nightmare scenario. Not possible for even this board.

I think Murty is Millar's assistant at the minute!

See really, though (and I don't mean this bad to Edgar at all) it is a sad state of affairs, that because we are used to being lied to, having smoke blown, told everything will be alright, told we have Rangers men in charge and that everything will be OK etc etc that the first sane, decent fan with a platform (Edgar) telling us the truth and saying what needs to be said is like an oasis in the desert to us.

This is how bad it's got that we (rightly) applaud someone for having the balls to simply tell it like it is - compared to the other chancers with platforms out there when it comes to Rangers.

It's a sad state of affairs, but a welcome one.

7 minutes ago, bluenose48 said:

Regardless of your opinion re FF or 1872 the bloke has it spot on.

We, the fans, I count myself and all the overseas support as fans are fed up to the back teeth with the shambles that is Rangers.

Most of us older supporters have been through the ups and downs of supporting Rangers over the last, in my case, 60 years.

The fans have been the only constant over the last six years. We are the ones who are subjected to the ridicule in he media, other fans e.g. Dundee fans singing you're no Rangers any more and from workplace mates. The fans who have turned up year after year paid their hard earned money are the ones who have been mislead. They are the ones who turn up at Ibrox each game and fill the stadium, turn up at all these wee clubs grounds and given them their best game receipts of the season. 

The various boards we have had over the last six years have all failed dismally to resurrect our club, despite their hollow claims to be true Rangers men. They have all been and are charlatans of the highest order. The only thing keeping this institution alive is the fans. For without the season ticket money the gates would have closed years ago.

Unless something miraculous happens at the AGM and the appointment of a manager that will get the team winning again we had better get used to not being Rangers anymore.

Well said that man!

it makes unpleasant reading, but it's the truth. We are being treated with utter contempt by these so called Rangers men. Just stamp MUGS accross our forehead and be done with it.

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

I challenge anyone to disagree with this. Well said that man - he knows how to word how we all feel succinctly. 

You’re a wee like whore these days - funny how slagged him off (as many of us did) when he was in the RST.

Glad the pod is picking up though!

3 minutes ago, BEE said:

You’re a wee like whore these days - funny how slagged him off (as many of us did) when he was in the RST.

Glad the pod is picking up though!

It's only being mature and giving credit where it's due - I said further up the thread I used to think he was a banger in his RST days.