Denis Law

Virtuoso

Given Freedom of Aberdeen:

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/news/local/king-denis-feeling-nervous-as-he-awaits-tremendous-honour-of-being-awarded-freedom-of-city/

...and yes, Bears Den:

I AM A RANGER AT HEART...

by Denis Law

Manchester United and Scotland ace who transferred from Torino of Italy to Old Trafford for 125 thousand pounds.

I have never been much of a one for watching, preferring to to take a more active part in games whenever the opportunity has occurred, but as a boy, like nearly everyone else in Aberdeen, I'd go and watch the Rangers. A visit from the mighty men of Ibrox is something special in any town - a gala day. The crowds flock to see them. No wonder every boy dreams of the day when he might wear the blue shirt. 

No matter what your first claim club may be, Rangers will always have a particular place in your heart if you are a Scot, because the club represents all that is best in Scottish football. every possible domestic honour has come to Ibrox, and international fame as well.

As a professional footballer, I have had the good fortune to travel widely - to Spain, Portugal, Austria,Italy, Hungary, Denmark,Holland, Turkey- and wherever i have been ,the name Glasgow Rangers is known and greatly respected. 

How I wish i could have been among the 10,000 fans who welcomed home those Rangers heroes from Russia last June. My hand would have been out to shake with them on their superlative performance, players like Willie Waddell and George Young were the idols of my boyhood. 

Today I am proud to play for my country alongside such modern heroes as Eric Caldow, Davie Wilson, Ralph Brand, Bobby Shearer, and Jimmy Baxter, but it's a thrill to play with Rangers footballers. They are my friends on and off the field. You see, Rangers represent the spirit of sport and,sportsmanship. 

I was thrilled when asked for this brief comment, and as an 'honorary Ranger', I am glad of the opportunity to wish the blues all the best and continued success in future to the glory of Scottish football.

One of the first results I look for every week in Scottish football is yes, you are right , Rangers.

:happy:

I don't think I've read a more outstanding statement about Rangers.

The Lawman is a class act clearly in awe of the Men before him if only we had more Scots like him.

His more recent statement when the club was in turmoil also spoke volumes about his regard for Rangers F.C but the highlighted quote is without doubt superb.

Makes ye proud to be a Ranger & a Scot.

☺️

18 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Look at how he talks about us, and that's someone who's never had a connection to the club other than a love for it

Some of our so called "legends" could learn a thing or two from law about how to speak about the club you supposedly love

Maybe he's skint and wants on the gravy train 

12 hours ago, FSM said:

Thought this was a management suggestion at first. To be fair, there's been worse suggestions made on here.

Management!! Could get a start I reckon in the first team as he is more skilled and still has more pace than a few of them ?

12 hours ago, FSM said:

Thought this was a management suggestion at first. To be fair, there's been worse suggestions made on here.

Management!! Could get a start I reckon in the first team as he is more skilled and still has more pace than a few of them ?