Ross McCrorie

Robmc1

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully we an keep him fit, in the team and tied down. I feel like it’s been an age waiting for a youth to come through and stay because he loves the club. The financial disparity in the fame means its next to impossible to keep them if the EPL clubs come calling.

One thing I wanted to ask those who follow the youths closely, has Jordan Thompson’s ship sailed? Felt he had something about him when he joined but he’s not been able to kick on even since returning from his Raith loan.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Aye, you should see he post I’ve just responded too. I’ve just said similar about Atakayi. He’s got all the ability, he’s just wee and needs to figure out how he’s going to deal with getting booted fuck out of.

N'Golo Kanté is 5ft 6 and although 26 you don't see him being bullied, just needs to hit the weights.

Aaron Nemane, now he is small.

10 hours ago, The Dude said:

I got to know quite a few of the mums and dads by going to games and doing the Battle Fever stuff because we were the only way they had to keep track on their sons games. 

Parents have been tracking their son's careers on the blog for EIGHT years and still do this season.

McCrorrie is what our club should be all about. He is so versatile but I think his most accomplished position is in that holding midfield role.

Can you imagine this boy in 2 or 3 years time with more experience and a stronger frame, he is already a big lad but more upper body he would be rather difficult to deal with.

He needs a long term contract as he clearly has every attribute required......best since Ferguson IMO

1 hour ago, Elfideldo said:

Parents have been tracking their son's careers on the blog for EIGHT years and still do this season.

Elf,

Young Ross looks the real deal the way he has slotted into first team football seamlessly and has probably been our best player in most games played, he must have stood out like a sore thumb in the youth games, did he? or did it take the step up to bring out his true potential?

I'm sure him and his brother both signed deals not too long ago, its now time to protect our asset and get that one ripped up and replaced with a shiny chunky new one.

I was cautious about the amount of hype RM was getting for his centre back displays. He was gifting goal chances in among some very good play. 

In midfield he looks fantastic. All his attributes can be utilised with less risk. He's quite like John Stone's in his Everton days  in that I think maybe in a few years he will be a top level CB but just now this role suits everyone.

A fantastic young prospect, get him tied down for the next 4-5 years 

13 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

I was cautious about the amount of hype RM was getting for his centre back displays. He was gifting goal chances in among some very good play. 

In midfield he looks fantastic. All his attributes can be utilised with less risk. He's quite like John Stone's in his Everton days  in that I think maybe in a few years he will be a top level CB but just now this role suits everyone.

A fantastic young prospect, get him tied down for the next 4-5 years 

I was on holiday a few years ago and got talking to a guy whose son played for Barnsley Rhys something (same time as Kane Hemmings)and was Stones best mate, Stones was a midfielder and was about to be released from Barnsley when they had a reserve/youth fixture were light at the back and played him there, he shone there got kept on and got the big transfer to Everton which happened when he was on his way to Wigan to sign only for the call to come that Everton were interested, sat nav adjusted to Goodison and he signed on there.

1 hour ago, pcbear said:

Elf,

Young Ross looks the real deal the way he has slotted into first team football seamlessly and has probably been our best player in most games played, he must have stood out like a sore thumb in the youth games, did he? or did it take the step up to bring out his true potential?

I'm sure him and his brother both signed deals not too long ago, its now time to protect our asset and get that one ripped up and replaced with a shiny chunky new one.

A few years ago all the talk was about his brother Robbie and there was major interest from top English clubs. A few who scout for English clubs said they would sign both ( although Ross was some kind of makeweight ). I said at the time Ross was a good player and had a  god chance if not the standout like Ferguson, Fletcher and Gilmour. He has made steady progress and I said on  forums last season he was the one player who could step up and contribute to the first team. Going out on loan prevented him making his debut last season. The midfield role is not alien to him, he has rotated from full-back, Centre-back and midfield over the years, I always felt midfield was his best position.

https://rfcyouths.wordpress.com/2009/09/03/development-teams-round-up-3/

The link above is from September 2009 and probably the first time I saw the McCrorie's, it is interesting to look at that list, a few are still around. 

Jamie Ballentyne is at Ayr United

Jamie Brandon played 1st team at Hearts

Adam Frizzell played 1st team at Killie

Robbie Crawford now playing in Iceland

Josh Jeffries now at Killie

Kieran Miller is at East Fife

And Ross Doohan is at celtic !!

I remember one or two others leaving for other clubs but don't know where they are now.

6 hours ago, Elfideldo said:

A few years ago all the talk was about his brother Robbie and there was major interest from top English clubs. A few who scout for English clubs said they would sign both ( although Ross was some kind of makeweight ). I said at the time Ross was a good player and had a  god chance if not the standout like Ferguson, Fletcher and Gilmour. He has made steady progress and I said on  forums last season he was the one player who could step up and contribute to the first team. Going out on loan prevented him making his debut last season. The midfield role is not alien to him, he has rotated from full-back, Centre-back and midfield over the years, I always felt midfield was his best position.

https://rfcyouths.wordpress.com/2009/09/03/development-teams-round-up-3/

The link above is from September 2009 and probably the first time I saw the McCrorie's, it is interesting to look at that list, a few are still around. 

Jamie Ballentyne is at Ayr United

Jamie Brandon played 1st team at Hearts

Adam Frizzell played 1st team at Killie

Robbie Crawford now playing in Iceland

Josh Jeffries now at Killie

Kieran Miller is at East Fife

And Ross Doohan is at celtic !!

I remember one or two others leaving for other clubs but don't know where they are now.

Tom Walsh Dumbarton and Lewis Morgan at StMirren who we are trying to resign supposedly with the scum also showing an interest.

4 hours ago, pcbear said:

Tom Walsh Dumbarton and Lewis Morgan at StMirren who we are trying to resign supposedly with the scum also showing an interest.

There were two reports on the link and those two were in the 14's team. Those I listed were in the 12's squad. A few others from the 14's squad are still playing in senior football.

2 hours ago, pcbear said:

Talks opened over a " bumper new deal" according to newsnow Rangers.

Here's hoping, get him signed up and watch him become a really important player for us in the coming years.

I love the boys attitude, so confident and plays with no fear at all plus very grounded in his interviews , add to that the ability he has already demonstrated then it's clear we have a player on our hands.

21 minutes ago, Gustav said:

Graeme Murty said: “I think a new contract is being discussed. Ross appears happy, settled and I don’t think there are many things he would want to walk away from this football club for."

Am buying every tap n getting McCrorie 40 on the back, even the goalie tap

Just now, Copland bear said:

This boy is a future Rangers captain, Centre half or DEf mid he is comfortable , Big and strong. Yes he has made silly mistakes but he's only young and will learn.  

Get him on a 5 year 

He is a founding member of the Union Bears.