Ross McCrorie

Robmc1

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't play well tonight but who did.

He took two sore ones and took it on the chin like a man and never hid.

Need to remember he's a defender shoe-horned into midfield to accomodate others. He's doing well.

I'm not big on Jack but I thought Jack was our best player (on the ball at least) until he had to go off injured.

Our problem is we have far too many of the 1 type of player in midfield with zero varierty or creativity. 

1 minute ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Worst performance since he came into midfield for me.

Needs the Jan break to recharge the batteries and go again.

This is always the fear with young players but unfortunately we are in no position to rest him, I just hope that stomach injury isn't serious.

7 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Worst performance since he came into midfield for me.

Needs the Jan break to recharge the batteries and go again.

Thought he was poor in the first half but second half he made some good tackles and had a few nice passes. 

5 minutes ago, bordersbear said:

I thought he had a pretty decent game. He didn't do much wrong and did a hell of a lot right.

Struggle to remember many times he found a blue shirt in the 1st half, did get bit better 2nd half. 

Not having a go at him, he’s young and will have games like that. Big talent who’s future is bright , just needs a rest imo.

4 minutes ago, slimjim1690 said:

This is always the fear with young players but unfortunately we are in no position to rest him, I just hope that stomach injury isn't serious.

He’s played a lot of games lately, I’m sure he had a few for Scotland U21 when he first came into the team aswell.

Will get the rest he deserves during the January break.

38 minutes ago, bordersbear said:

I thought he had a pretty decent game. He didn't do much wrong and did a hell of a lot right.

He plays the defensive mid role well and breaks up play taking a lot of pressure off our defenders, one of our better performers today with some timely tackles against a team of thugs

McCrorie doesn't move well enough to be a midfielder and doesn't do enough with the ball when we have possession. I think the trial of him in midfield needs to end soon. Or perhaps he needs a bit of coaching, and to play with some more creative players in there.

This is not a criticism of him so much, because as others have pointed out, he's primarily a centre half, but I want to see a player in that position DEMAND the ball, even in tightish spaces, and dictate the pace of the game. 

Doesn't get on the ball enough.as a natural defender he just wants to win the ball and get rid of it.as I said in another post he should be given a Busquets video to study and see how a defensive midfielder should hold the ball and dictate the flow of the game.a good defender I think but a long long way from being a good midfielder.Barjonas on the other hand looks like midfielder, very comfortable on the ball

2 minutes ago, ronniemca said:

Doesn't get on the ball enough.as a natural defender he just wants to win the ball and get rid of it.as I said in another post he should be given a Busquets video to study and see how a defensive midfielder should hold the ball and dictate the flow of the game.a good defender I think but a long long way from being a good midfielder.Barjonas on the other hand looks like midfielder, very comfortable on the ball

Barjonas is a bit of an enigma for me. He looks comfortable on the ball and takes the ball in tight situations well but numerous times when an attacking forward pass is on he turns away from it and plays it simple. I'd like our youngsters in midfield to try and influence the game more by being ambitious.

10 minutes ago, GaryMc said:

Barjonas is a bit of an enigma for me. He looks comfortable on the ball and takes the ball in tight situations well but numerous times when an attacking forward pass is on he turns away from it and plays it simple. I'd like our youngsters in midfield to try and influence the game more by being ambitious.

Agree. Like most of our midfield he's too conservative.

He's only 18 though. He's still very young. He has time on his side, but probably needs good coaching. I noticed Murty commenting on him losing his man against Hibs, well I hope he notices the lack of forward thinking at times as well and gets Jamie thinking a bit more positively and aggressively at times.

19 minutes ago, Inigo said:

He's only 18 though. He's still very young. He has time on his side, but probably needs good coaching. I noticed Murty commenting on him losing his man against Hibs, well I hope he notices the lack of forward thinking at times as well and gets Jamie thinking a bit more positively and aggressively at times.

Yeah time is on his side I suppose. Being comfortable on the ball is half the battle though so there is something work with at least.

43 minutes ago, Inigo said:

McCrorie doesn't move well enough to be a midfielder and doesn't do enough with the ball when we have possession. I think the trial of him in midfield needs to end soon. Or perhaps he needs a bit of coaching, and to play with some more creative players in there.

This is not a criticism of him so much, because as others have pointed out, he's primarily a centre half, but I want to see a player in that position DEMAND the ball, even in tightish spaces, and dictate the pace of the game. 

I agree. He mentioned in an interview playing in tighter spaces is something he wants to improve on, so at least he can identify that.

49 minutes ago, Inigo said:

If he needs good coaching we should hope he gets that while out on loan to another club because I have no faith in the coaching at Rangers just now.