Ross McCrorie

Robmc1

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Gustav said:

6 weeks ago.

Correct! The boy is class btw. I really rate him, we need to tie him down and have him play consistently. None of this new manager pish and he’s put on the bench. 

He actually makes the midfield look like a team at 19 yo! 

Just now, Jam_piece said:

I'll admit ive had a wee bit to drink today, but i would actually make him captain. head and shoulders above anybody. Folk would say thats crazy. but who is the actual captain? Would maybe make the rest of them take a look at themselves. 

Is it no your bath time?

He has had an excellent spell at DM. the difference he has made to the team compared to Jack is shown in the results. I feel Jack always took the safe option passing sideways or backwards, albeit still tackling and tracking back, but no forward drive. McCrorie on the other hand is always looking to pass forward and pushes the team to do the same to keep up with him. It speaks volumes that we’ve broken the 3 match jinx, with 2 of the games against Aberdeen, with him in DM. I really hope that he makes it in the game and is with us for years to come.

15 minutes ago, Jam_piece said:

I'll admit ive had a wee bit to drink today, but i would actually make him captain. head and shoulders above anybody. Folk would say thats crazy. but who is the actual captain? Would maybe make the rest of them take a look at themselves. 

It’s not crazy it’s stupid

2 hours ago, JC10 said:

Didn't think he was particularly great today, just ok,  but that shows the high standard he has set in previous games.

Hopefully fit for the coming busy schedule it's a big loss if he's not.

Don't agree with this mate, for kid so young he's not afraid to get in about it and leads by example. first half today was not pretty to watch as a whole though a bit better second half.

He's defo one of the positives to come from a stuttering season.

He still makes a few silly mistakes that Wilson would get slated for. Just because he tries hard and puts in a few crunching tackles doesn't make him a world class player. He has the makings of a top player but he's far from the finished article at the moment!

3 minutes ago, blueretro said:

He still makes a few silly mistakes that Wilson would get slated for. Just because he tries hard and puts in a few crunching tackles doesn't make him a world class player. He has the makings of a top player but he's far from the finished article at the moment!

No one is saying he is, what he is is 19 years old with the potential to be an incredible player for us. Easy to see why people are getting excited by him as we haven't exactly been spoiled with young players breaking into the first team.

@Elfideldo @The Dude @K.A.I

Was McCrorie a stand-out in the unders? I don't recall hearing his name as often as the likes of Ferguson, Fleck and more recently Gilmour but I really think the boy is a fantastic prospect. At centre back he looked promising but the last 3 games have convinced me he really could be top class for us in the future in the defensive midfield area. Do you know why he hasn't had the same kind of press as a youngster as the three players I've mentioned?

6 minutes ago, blueretro said:

Yeah people are raving about him because he tries hard 

This place man :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

@Elfideldo @The Dude @K.A.I

Was McCrorie a stand-out in the unders? I don't recall hearing his name as often as the likes of Ferguson, Fleck and more recently Gilmour but I really think the boy is a fantastic prospect. At centre back he looked promising but the last 3 games have convinced me he really could be top class for us in the future in the defensive midfield area. Do you know why he hasn't had the same kind of press as a youngster as the three players I've mentioned?

He looked composed enough but I think we all agree his position is defensive midfielder. When everyone is back and fit, I'd have him and Dorrans in the middle for me ... I don't rate Jack, never have, but I think that might be a nice balance. 

That in itself is frustrating in the sense that we are almost half way through the season and we (me!) are thinking that when so and so comes back and we can put so and so next to them then that might be our best balance - we should know our best team - but we don't. 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

He looked composed enough but I think we all agree his position is defensive midfielder. When everyone is back and fit, I'd have him and Dorrans in the middle for me ... I don't rate Jack, never have, but I think that might be a nice balance. 

That in itself is frustrating in the sense that we are almost half way through the season and we (me!) are thinking that when so and so comes back and we can put so and so next to them then that might be our best balance - we should know our best team - but we don't. 

I don't want to take it off topic but I felt Jack was our best player (red card aside which has been debated to death in its own thread) in the double header against Aberdeen. For me it would be Holt who would make way for Dorrans once he is back fit.

Regarding McCrorie though was he head and shoulders above the other players at youth level because I really see a touch of class in him at times? Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure you watch a few youth games from time to time?

Just now, Jamie0202 said:

I don't want to take it off topic but I felt Jack was our best player (red card aside which has been debated to death in its own thread) in the double header against Aberdeen. For me it would be Holt who would make way for Dorrans once he is back fit.

Regarding McCrorie though was he head and shoulders above the other players at youth level because I really see a touch of class in him at times? Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure you watch a few youth games from time to time?

Others will disagree but IMO yes he was - well not head and shoulders, but him and Hardie were/have been the best 2 in the games I've seen past couple of years. 

I'm not the best person to ask mate. I don't see them every week at Auchenhowie .. I watch them maybe 10 times a year, mostly European away's because I enjoy the trips and I never seen them at all last season mate so I'm not the most qualified, but you know me, an opinion on everything anyway :lol: