***The Official Aberdeen v Rangers Thread***

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Strange cardoso is fit enough to be on the bench.

Cardosso is not the same type as Alves  he doesn’t attack the ball he is a second CD similar to the two Wilson’s  it was either move McCrorrie back or play Bates Murty has done the sensible thing here and kept McCrorrie in midfield to protect the back four and allow holt and jack to break forward

2 minutes ago, JC10 said:

Mcrorie was outstanding on Wednesday. Hopefully proves to be the sensible decision to keep him there instead of switching it about.

It worked well on Wed, but I'd like to see a few games before calling it a success.

Actualy off today for a change so looking forward to watching this

2 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

Cardosso is not the same type as Alves  he doesn’t attack the ball he is a second CD similar to the two Wilson’s  it was either move McCrorrie back or play Bates Murty has done the sensible thing here and kept McCrorrie in midfield to protect the back four and allow holt and jack to break forward

So Bates will be our dominant CH today over Wilson who will take the secondary role??

Just now, Siwel said:

Bates isn’t as bad as it’s being made out. He has had more good games than bad for us and while he is shite with the ball at his feet he is a decent defender.

If they score today Bates will be the reason for it , guys a fuckin donkey.

2 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Ffs 

bates is one of the worst defenders I have ever seen in my life

He certainly splits opinion in here. Remember a thread in the summer all sorts of excuses were made for him.

I really don't rate him but at same time think it's a helluva challenge to make season debut up there. 

If I was the sheep I'd target him and Tav at the right side of our defence.

7 minutes ago, Siwel said:

At least Greg Stewart is playing 

Weird that he has been so poor.

They’re definietely going for it more today. Wright, May, Rooney & Stewart. Luckily Rooney has zero pace and Bates should hopefully be able to deal with him easily.

5 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Ffs 

bates is one of the worst defenders I have ever seen in my life

4 minutes ago, Moobs said:

He's rank rotten, dreading this now

3 minutes ago, No.12 said:

Fucking Bates. He’s absolutely shite. 

Calm down FFS. We've had far worse defenders than Bates. 

5 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Substitutes: Alnwick, Cardoso, Hodson, Barjonas, Candeias, Herrera, Morelos.

Wouldn't go as far as saying it was a strong bench, but its certainly better than what we've had in recent times. 

Good to see Morelos on there, could cone in handy if it's still a tight game by 60mins, which I expect it will be. 

1 minute ago, No.12 said:

Fucking Bates. He’s absolutely shite. 

Bates will attack the ball in the air ,which is Aberdeens strong point.Murty has said Cardoso is apprehensive with high balls at the moment and is working on gaining confidence.dont think Murty has much choice here imo

Archived