***The Official Aberdeen v Rangers Thread***

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bates ahead of Cardoso is a fucking horrendous call. 

Say what you like about Cardoso, but he’s twice the defender Bates is. Murty making it pretty clear in the last few games that there’s a core of the team that he likes and a core that he doesn’t...

Just now, .Williamson. said:

What the fuck is that even supposed to mean?

Youre saying he's shite but pointing out we have had worse? What good is that right enough 

I didn't say he was shite did I? I don't think he is. He's not outstanding but is nowhere near as bad as some are making out. 

1 minute ago, ronniemca said:

Bates will attack the ball in the air ,which is Aberdeens strong point.Murty has said Cardoso is apprehensive with high balls at the moment and is working on gaining confidence.dont think Murty has much choice here imo

Bates folds like a deck of cards under pressure

Just now, Creampuff said:

Bates ahead of Cardoso is a fucking horrendous call. 

Say what you like about Cardoso, but he’s twice the defender Bates is. Murty making it pretty clear in the last few games that there’s a core of the team that he likes and a core that he doesn’t...

Cardoso is a poof, with Bates at least there’s the chance he might tackle someone or head the ball.

6 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

So Bates will be our dominant CH today over Wilson who will take the secondary role??

Yes that’s the plan. He is best we have available Cardosso and Wilson at too similar and wouldn’t compliment each other it’s all about getting the balance right and keeping our defensive shape 

1 minute ago, Captain Hilts said:

I didn't say he was shite did I? I don't think he is. He's not outstanding but is nowhere near as bad as some are making out. 

He is shite. Pointing out we've had worse in the past literally makes no sense as at least unlike Bates they won't be playing today 

3 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

Yes that’s the plan. He is best we have available Cardosso and Wilson at too similar and wouldn’t compliment each other it’s all about getting the balance right and keeping our defensive shape 

It's a nonsense to suggest Wilson will become a secondary defender to Bates. Wilson will be in charge at the back and hopefully talk and walk Bates thro this of we're in for a world of shite.

1 in 1 out, if we lose it’s not going to be down to the inclusion of David Bates.  

Our back four consisted of Wilson, Bates and Beerman last time we played here.

Aberdeen are fucking gash

Archived