Murty

Bluepeter9

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, STRUTH82 said:

I think these players owe Murty a huge fucking result on Saturday, after blowing the last chance of 3 wins on the bounce its the least they can do. They guy doesnt know whether he is coming or going week to week.

The board should give him until the summer and see how he fairs. A win against the bheasts would go a long way to landing him the job.

No they shouldn’t. They should try to act competently just once and appoint a proven professional football manager worthy of the job rather than hang a youth coach turned caretaker manager out to dry for their own humiliating antics.

Just now, Essandoh said:

No they shouldn’t. They should try to act competently just once and appoint a proven professional football manager worthy of the job rather than hang a youth coach turned caretaker manager out to dry for their own humiliating antics.

Well said mate.

2 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

I do in part agree with you mate, I just think if a manager comes in now over the next fortnight its going to be an absolute circus (if ita not already), huge question marks over why they were not first choice.

We wont be the first club to do it of late right enough.

7 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Bang on

2 minutes ago, STRUTH82 said:

I do in part agree with you mate, I just think if a manager comes in now over the next fortnight its going to be an absolute circus (if ita not already), huge question marks over why they were not first choice.

We wont be the first club to do it of late right enough.

You think we should give a youth coach that's stepped into the job temporarily a transfer window in January? Really?

Just now, .Williamson. said:

You think we should give a youth coach that's stepped into the job temporarily a transfer window in January? Really?

Like ive said elsewhere, I do agree on the desire to have a proper long term option in the seat, I just think at this moment a new manager comes in with a huge cloud over his head after the way this has been dealt with.

As for the window, Im not sure on that front, after shelling out on Pedros signings only for him to get punted makes me think something needs to change there.

16 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

You need to be competent to act competently. That which our board do not posses.

6 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

We've suffered a couple of bad results under Murty but it should be taken into account  at that the two times he took over the team they were nothing short of awful and he managed to turn them around, his last game in charge he came away with a well deserved draw against the beasts and this time around out smarted the sheep with a 3-0  home victory followed by an away win against them playing over 30 minutes with 10 men. He has even managed to make Windass look half decent. 

Youth coach or not he has proved he's no mug.

After this fuck up, now is not the time to try and apooint another manager. McInnes was probably the best of a bad bunch in this backwater. We are obviously pratted even more than we thought. There is no one half decent out there who would touch us with a shitty stick, so let's save ourselves from any further embarassment, as it would only be makeshift and cost us yet again in the end.

Appoint Murty until the end of the season and cast our net wider and with some significant funds to back it up and that will only be achieved at ST time.

Is Murty the man for the long term? Not from what I've seen. 

Does he want the job? Yes. 

Are we in a position to sign someone else? Not really.

Is there anyone else worth signing? Not as far as we can see. 

Why not wait? Give Murty his chance. We need to take the sting out of this and take the pot off the boil until a real candidate becomes available. Just get on with the season. 

17 minutes ago, RupertDeBoer said:

Is Murty the man for the long term? Not from what I've seen. 

Does he want the job? Yes. 

Are we in a position to sign someone else? Not really.

Is there anyone else worth signing? Not as far as we can see. 

Why not wait? Give Murty his chance. We need to take the sting out of this and take the pot off the boil until a real candidate becomes available. Just get on with the season. 

Murty and tempt Smithy out of retirement, even Big Eck to help him, I swear we have dodged a bullet with Deek

33 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I don't think we've got much in way of a transfer budget anyway.

Just now, DBBTB said:

I’d give him it until the end of the season and I’ve said that a few times over the past couple of days so it’s not a knee jerk to McInnes turning us down.

He gubbed McInnes tactically with a team under pressure twice, and we looked to the losing manager to hire. strange choice.

44 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Absolutely spot on.

25 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

After this fuck up, now is not the time to try and apooint another manager. McInnes was probably the best of a bad bunch in this backwater. We are obviously pratted even more than we thought. There is no one half decent out there who would touch us with a shitty stick, so let's save ourselves from any further embarassment, as it would only be makeshift and cost us yet again in the end.

Appoint Murty until the end of the season and cast our net wider and with some significant funds to back it up and that will only be achieved at ST time.

So just put the small matter of being managerless on the backburner and allow a rookie to take charge until the end of the season until the club physically has money thats pretty much guaranteed anyway. Have we literally turned into the 1990's tims?

Mind the "front loaded" £50M nonsense.? Those were the days

As much as Murty has done good in the last two games there's still the losses against Hamilton and Dundee if we won them we would of been one point off them fuckers in the league OK they have a game in hand but that would have been great especially as we got to play them 3 more times sadly Murty is not the answer we need a permanent manager in ASAP 

9 minutes ago, Rupret said:

He gubbed McInnes tactically with a team under pressure twice, and we looked to the losing manager to hire. strange choice.

He’s made a lot of good decisions since he took over.

Regardless of people’s thoughts on him, putting Miller straight back in the team paid off, leaving Alves on the bench for McCrorie was a big decision, especially for a caretaker who’s just over seeing things to make, McCrorie moving into the holding role has been a master stroke, Windass looks a different player playing through the middle, bringing on Candeias when he did against Aberdeen paid off within minutes.

Everybody can focus on Hamilton and Dundee all they want, and yes they were fucking awful results, but those type of results will continue to happen until the quality of player at the club improves and for me I’ve seen enough throughout his spell to suggest that there is potential there and if our alternative to McInnes is going to be Billy Davies or Tommy Wright then I say get an experienced number two in and give it to Murty because he won’t do any worse than they will.

Just now, DBBTB said:

He’s made a lot of good decisions since he took over.

Regardless of people’s thiughts on him putting Miller straight back in the team paid off, leaving Alves on the bench for McCrorie was a big decision, especially for a caretaker  who’s just over seeing things to make, McCrorie moving into the holding role has been a master stroke, Windass looks a different player playing through the middle, bringing on Candeias when he did against Aberdeen paid off within minutes.

Everybody can focus on Hamilton and Dundee all they want, and yes they were fucking awful results, but I’ve seen enough throughout his spell to suggest that there is potential there and if our alternative to McInnes is going to be Billy Davies or Tommy Wright then I say get an experienced number two in and give it to Murty because he won’t do any worse than they will.

I agree 100% and I have been drinking, my pont is he needs a shoulder to lean on, a winning Rangers Manager

Also if its Billy Davies ill just top myself.

This will probably happen now and it honestly sickens me, like much of the things coming from our club these days. 

Ive nothing against Murty, quite the opposite, its just that his appointment wil be further confirmation for me just how far we've fallen. 

Appointing a rookie youth coach with almost no experience of first team coaching or management is not the best thing for the future of Rangers. I dont care how people want to dress it up. Making him number 2 to an experienced manager or one with some sort of pedigree would  make sense. 

I'm sick of saying it, but by comparison our board continue to get an easy ride. Ashley would be gettin strung up by now. 

All well and good saying that but we need to put results into perspective. 

Dundee first win in 25 years at Dens.

ICT win for the first time in 14 games last season.

Dundee do us again.

Hamilton first win since 1928. 

We need a manager, and I really wish it’d be a decent guy but it’s going to be McLeish isn’t it

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

You need to be competent to act competently. That which our board do not posses.

And act with integrity. And to promote a meritocracy, thus not undermining those already going above and beyond to try and move us forward. Recognition of which our board no not posses.