Murty

Bluepeter9

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feel sorry for Murty he will have to answer for the board today at his press conference regarding the manager situation. Surely the board should have put somebody up for interview this morning to explain what is going on if indeed they know.

Just now, ianferguson said:

"These players" have surpassed ALL our greatest expectations in the last two games , think positive. 

Good luck with that these players have beaten Aberdeen team struggling for form as were we and got beat by Hamilton and Dundee they have let down everyone who's Managed them so much so they have been sacked. 

Putting it into perspective Aberdeen have only beaten two teams in their last seven games.

1 hour ago, Smile said:

Good luck with that these players have beaten Aberdeen team struggling for form as were we and got beat by Hamilton and Dundee they have let down everyone who's Managed them so much so they have been sacked. 

Putting it into perspective Aberdeen have only beaten two teams in their last seven games.

I don't think we're ready for the champions league ?but I've thought all season we've a better squad than everyone bar Pacific Shelf so no reason why we can't get 2nd. The last two games must surely give us the belief to push on with confidence.

Just now, ianferguson said:

I don't think we're ready for the champions league ?but I've thought all season we've a better squad than everyone bar Pacific Shelf so no reason why we can't get 2nd. The last two games must surely give us the belief to push on with confidence.

I'd hope it would but I see us as a top four side at best we will not finish second this season but should do but we are being mismanaged so will be a tough ask.

Time Murty stood up and be counted now. 

I didn't blame him for the 2 defeats cos of the position he was put in but now he needs to show he can be manager.

No more of this softly mr nice guy approach. Be tough on the players and during interviews and he might just achieve something.

I see Murty as our full time manager now.

Hopefully he can make it his own through the teams performances.

3 hours ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Time Murty stood up and be counted now. 

I didn't blame him for the 2 defeats cos of the position he was put in but now he needs to show he can be manager.

No more of this softly mr nice guy approach. Be tough on the players and during interviews and he might just achieve something.

I see Murty as our full time manager now.

Hopefully he can make it his own through the teams performances.

This is a sad state of affairs..

If Murty has achieved anything in recent weeks it is that he has taken a total disaster of a footblal squad and installed a positivity and yearning to succeed, albeit for a short period, which shows he already has the man management skills required. 

Quite simply i think he has gone back to basics principles allied with greater teamwork and allowed the players to take the responsibility too.

However I strongly believe our short term success will hinge on the players attitude as well. We indeed have the "five captains" which Pedro requested, and Murty seems to have them on his side for the short term, but some of them seriously let us down when the going got tough and I think we still need a strong manager to get those who had the bad attitude to knuckle down, or push them out. 

In the longer term Murty is a keeper, a wee rock in the chaotic swings of Rangers management. And hopefully he will go onto great things in the long term, hopefully aided by guys with the general toughness, tactical nous and ability of great managers. 

Think Waddell/Wallace, Souness/Walter (please don't think Walter/Ally :duh:). Murty could become a great, but it is early days.

Down to you Mr King, the stand in manager has again taken the poisoned chalice and held the anchor steady. Will you now give him the man in charge to take our team and himself on to greater things ?

Just now, tannerall said:

If Murty has achieved anything in recent weeks it is that he has taken a total disaster of a footblal squad and installed a positivity and yearning to succeed, albeit for a short period, which shows he already has the man management skills required. 

Quite simply i think he has gone back to basics principles allied with greater teamwork and allowed the players to take the responsibility too.

However I strongly believe our short term success will hinge on the players attitude as well. We indeed have the "five captains" which Pedro requested, and Murty seems to have them on his side for the short term, but some of them seriously let us down when the going got tough and I think we still need a strong manager to get those who had the bad attitude to knuckle down, or push them out. 

In the longer term Murty is a keeper, a wee rock in the chaotic swings of Rangers management. And hopefully he will go onto great things in the long term, hopefully aided by guys with the general toughness, tactical nous and ability of great managers. 

Think Waddell/Wallace, Souness/Walter (please don't think Walter/Ally :duh:). Murty could become a great, but it is early days.

Down to you Mr King, the stand in manager has again taken the poisoned chalice and held the anchor steady. Will you now give him the man in charge to take our team and himself on to greater things ?

Either that or fail spectacularly. However I think Murty has earned the chance. It seems that the squad like this guy, I would imagine that they will be prepared to burst their bollocks for him as opposed to Pedro. 

Given that there does not appear to be a stampede of top level mangers battering down the doors of Ibrox, at the very least Murty should be given to the end of the season to see what he can do.