A season of missed opportunities?

Prso's headband

My old man said that to me as far back as September  when the tarriers dropped points at home and we done the same, time and again 

Regardless of our players we should be sitting right behind them by a maximum of 3 points. Draws against Killie and Hearts, coupled with the last 2 defeats we’ve had and you’re already looking at 10 points, 7 of them were at home against 3 bottom 6 teams. 

It’s depressing when you think about it, it really is. Despite the greatest team ever to grace world football, we had a “funny foreigner” and an assistant manager in charge, yet 2 weeks ago we were still only 6 behind. 

Fast forward 2 weeks and we should have cut that back to 4 with a new manager on the horizon, instead it’s 7 having played one more game. 

Do others think the same as me? Or do you think they’ll eventually walk the league by 20 or more points? 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, .Williamson. said:

Aye but I don't think the taigs are allowed to lose 

I get that mate but they’ve drew 4 already. 

2 of our draws and 2 of our defeats should have never happened in any season at Rangers. 

IMO if we had a new manager before Hamilton and Dundee we’d be sitting a point behind them today. 

That’s sickening from a fans point of view and that should be directed at the board, especially if it’s McInnes who has been the main man since the first day. 

It did not help that we have gone five weeks without a Manager and are leaderless as a Club no one at the Club bar the support have the Appetite to challenge the scum.

Our season will be over by Christmas every season till we get winners at the Club.

5 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I get that mate but they’ve drew 4 already. 

2 of our draws and 2 of our defeats should have never happened in any season at Rangers. 

IMO if we had a new manager before Hamilton and Dundee we’d be sitting a point behind them today. 

That’s sickening from a fans point of view and that should be directed at the board, especially if it’s McInnes who has been the main man since the first day. 

Hindsights a wonderful thing mate.

We don't have a squad capable of mentally challenging for the league. Last night was a brilliant performance and result for us but we have games like that all the time with this team, then it's back to dropping points freely. 

lethargy is strating to creep into the scums perfomances and they will be defeated this season. Last night we played well but i don't think it's sustainable and a lot of our players are too shy to be physical although we did press more in the second half last night.

The team are currently not good enough to win a title but there are a few who are starting to look pissed off and want to prove themselves, i just hope they keep it going and a  new manager instills the winning mentality in them.

long story short i think we will scrape second by a few points but be at least 12 behind them at the end of the season.

1 minute ago, geneva_ger said:

Not sure if the support McInnes had before will still be there after last night.

I don't see why it wouldn't be.

He knows how to beat the rest of the league and if he were here I don't see why with the better resources and fan expectation he couldn't beat the taigs. Who can say that speculation didn't fuck him last night?

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

He knows how to beat the rest of the league and if he were here I don't see why with the better resources and fan expectation he couldn't beat the taigs.

Aye, agree with that and had said it some time ago and it's still valid.

I think the season will continue like this. They're getting a lot of narrow results, we're up and down like a fucking yo-yo. If they're in Europe after Christmas, the gap will end up 10 points or less. If they're bumped by Anderlecht, it'll be 15+.

I've still got 500 on us for the league and I'm not cashing out. Lose a couple of strikers for a couple of months and they could be in bother.

John Beaton cost us another 3 points with jacks red at home to hibs. The players are the ones who can change it round, if they play as well as last night with the same intensity and take our chances we beat everyone in the league with the possible exception of the taigs. Once we are consistently beating everyone and getting past the elusive 3 wins in a row we can have a go at the filth. Sounds easy but to do all that we need a permanent and competent manager.

I still put some responsibility on the refs for our losses/draws. Not the recent ones, but deffo the Hivs game.

Last night seemed like the first game this season where the ref was neutral.

He booked our players, he booked their players. He gave free kicks to them when we fouled, he gave free kicks to us when we fouled.

The red card was correct (some refs would have bottled it). 

We won't ask for any ref to give us all decisions, or openly call for them to justify every decision. But all we do need is 50/50, neutral refereeing.

Back to back losses against Hamilton and Dundee are the biggest disappointments this season for me so far. Those were games we really should’ve won had the players turned up. If they had we’d be sitting a point behind the greatest team to ever play football in the history of mankind.

3 minutes ago, DeanMK said:

Back to back losses against Hamilton and Dundee are the biggest disappointments this season for me so far. Those were games we really should’ve won had the players turned up. If they had we’d be sitting a point behind the greatest team to ever play football in the history of mankind.

That’s exactly what am getting at. For all the fury and piss poor play two run of the mill games and we’d be breathing down their neck. 

I think some of that has to be levelled at the board for not having a manager, but it’s still not an excuse to bypass the players in they games

3 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Aye but I don't think the taigs are allowed to lose 

That's fine though. They seem to be happy to drop points as long as they go unbeaten.

if we can keep getting 3 points we can catch them. They're settling for draws now so they can continue the unbeaten obssession 

Just now, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

That's fine though. They seem to be happy to drop points as long as they go unbeaten.

if we can keep getting 3 points we can catch them. They're settling for draws now so they can continue the unbeaten obssession 

We shouldn't let ourselves start to believe we can keep up any kind of winning streak mate.

Thats always the danger when games like last night happen. We start to kid ourselves on

2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

We shouldn't let ourselves start to believe we can keep up any kind of winning streak mate.

Thats always the danger when games like last night happen. We start to kid ourselves on

I know you're spot on. Not getting ahead of myself. Just feel we hopefully get a run of at least 3 in a row!

just trying to stay optimistic! Sadly these days a routine victory against the sheep is all we have to shout about.