Last night showed why McInnes was the wrong choice for us

Thermopylae

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you were manager of a side, but had to face a team you were moving to, would you be going mental at the sidelines if losing? Or would you just sort of blame the players. Select your team, bark a few orders, and change it around maybe, but probably sort of glad your new team won the points.

So if he is actually coming here I wouldnt expect him to be 100% driving his side forward. They will be going for revenge on Sunday though.

15 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

He might've lost it on purpose and will be revealed as our new manager tonight!!

The weird thing is, I'm only half joking. 

I don't think you were the only one thinking this to be fair on you. Could be he's Rangers manager in the next few weeks or so. 

:thumbsup:

8 hours ago, To Be A Ranger said:

If you were manager of a side, but had to face a team you were moving to, would you be going mental at the sidelines if losing? Or would you just sort of blame the players. Select your team, bark a few orders, and change it around maybe, but probably sort of glad your new team won the points.

So if he is actually coming here I wouldnt expect him to be 100% driving his side forward. They will be going for revenge on Sunday though.

He' still their manager just now and is obviously going to remain commited to them until he has new employers. Any change from him in charge of them would be a lack of integrity in my opinon. And integrity is something I'm sure we all want the next manager to have. Also, while it probably shouldn't have an effect, I'd say McInnes probably wants to do really well against us in these 2 games as it would help solidify his chances of coming here (assuming he wants it which I think he probably does). 2 defeats on the other hand could have an opposite effect.

18 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Some are forgetting last night was the normal way of it years ago with all teams v us that didn't stop us from appointing from within this league 

Always makes me laugh when people talk about how it’s a “dropping of standards” when fifteen years ago we appointed a manager who’s only managerial honour up to that point was the Scottish first division title.

17 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Aye but we aren't even close to currently being second best which says even more about us. 

I'm not one that finds our current situation in any way acceptable but I've accepted we fucked it something serious and we'll probably have to settle for securing second place for awhile. 

I don’t want mccinnes either as it’s a cheap option and another gamble which I’m scunnerred with but we will be 2nd on Sunday and at the end of season which unfortunately is last in Scotland.

2 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

I don’t want mccinnes either as it’s a cheap option and another gamble which I’m scunnerred with but we will be 2nd on Sunday and at the end of season which unfortunately is last in Scotland.

this time next year Kings cronies  will be defending the appointment acting like DM is a superstar that everyone expected to win the league 

10 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

this time next year Kings cronies  will be defending the appointment acting like DM is a superstar that everyone expected to win the league 

It won’t matter in the grand scheme of things but not one of that board got my AGM vote 

I'm not convinced I really want Mcinnes as Rangers manager and its got nothing to do with how Aberdeen played the other night. What worried me more was the interview he gave when they were brushed aside the other week from celtic. What he effectively said was that there was nothing he could do in a tactical sense that would have altered anything because the celtic players are that much better than his. Even if its true that's something you shouldn't be saying, it gives youre players the impression that getting beat is excusable. Certainly its not something he would get away with saying as a manager here. The problem is though that he may be the best manager we can currently get realistically.

5 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Always makes me laugh when people talk about how it’s a “dropping of standards” when fifteen years again we appointed a manager who’s only managerial honour up to that point was the Scottish first division title.

Yeah was thinking about that 

Attracting what you would consider 'world class' managers was difficult even at the best of times 

1 hour ago, Thermopylae said:

One thing is for sure if it did happen it would be incredibly divisive 

I haven't' seen many folk except on here wanting him in. He's a minority choice no doubt. More of our haters want him in than our actual fans. that speaks volumes. Rodgers, celtic fans, the Rangers hating mhedia all pushing for him to be appointed because they know he's fucking useless. He is their play thing. 

I think we will see a big drop in attendances and as he drowns under the pressure and inevitable poor results there would be another big drop and i am not sure our club will come back from another managerial disaster. This board have proven to be incompetent, clueless yet strangely untouchable. Hire McInnes and we are finished. It's as simple as that. 

2 hours ago, MurrayWilson said:

I'm not convinced I really want Mcinnes as Rangers manager and its got nothing to do with how Aberdeen played the other night. What worried me more was the interview he gave when they were brushed aside the other week from celtic. What he effectively said was that there was nothing he could do in a tactical sense that would have altered anything because the celtic players are that much better than his. Even if its true that's something you shouldn't be saying, it gives youre players the impression that getting beat is excusable. Certainly its not something he would get away with saying as a manager here. The problem is though that he may be the best manager we can currently get realistically.

Stephen Robinson tactically outdone Rodgers twice in a week on a fraction of the budget McInnes has.........

25 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

I haven't' seen many folk except on here wanting him in. He's a minority choice no doubt. More of our haters want him in that our actual fans. that speaks volumes. Rodgers, celtic fans, the Rangers hating mhedia all pushing for him to be appointed because they know he's fucking useless. He is their play thing. 

I think we will see a big drop in attendances and as he drowns under the pressure and inevitable poor results there would be another big drop and i am not sure our club will come back from another managerial disaster. This board have proven to be incompetent, clueless yet strangely untouchable. Hire McInnes and we are finished. It's as simple as that. 

Murray Wilson made a good point a few posts back in interviews he's full of reasons why he can't beat septic which most definitely is NOT the  Rangers way ... perhaps he spent too long at Morton? 

Maybe the press speculation is wrong (again) and we're really chasing some other 'in situ' manager but, if not, and we are actually about to open negotiations for McInnes, then......I DESPAIR! I had hoped that the whole McInnes saga had died with his pronouncement last week that he 'wasn't going anywhere' and that he was committed to the Sheep.  I thought we'd dodged that particular 'bullet' for good and all! I refuse to believe that there is no other experienced managerial talent out there. There must be someone who does not accept that second place in the SPFL is inevitable - that to finish second to celtic every season Is, in fact, a triumph! McInnes is second rate, with a second place mentality in a second rate league. If we can't find someone better than him, then we truly are well on the road to utter obscurity!

14 minutes ago, JCS said:

Maybe the press speculation is wrong (again) and we're really chasing some other 'in situ' manager but, if not, and we are actually about to open negotiations for McInnes, then......I DESPAIR! I had hoped that the whole McInnes saga had died with his pronouncement last week that he 'wasn't going anywhere' and that he was committed to the Sheep.  I thought we'd dodged that particular 'bullet' for good and all! I refuse to believe that there is no other experienced managerial talent out there. There must be someone who does not accept that second place in the SPFL is inevitable - that to finish second to celtic every season Is, in fact, a triumph! McInnes is second rate, with a second place mentality in a second rate league. If we can't find someone better than him, then we truly are well on the road to utter obscurity!

I heard it’s happening on Monday from a guy I trust and his source is really close to the inside workings of Ibrox. I hope these sources are totally wrong.