Last night showed why McInnes was the wrong choice for us

Thermopylae

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, the thought of McInnes coming in fills me with dread. At best grinding out results playing unattractive football, getting pumped off the tims, and finishing 2nd. At worst, being mince, and us being in this same situation next year with Murty in charge following having to pay off yet another dud on  3 year contract. some cunts on ff seem to think it's a done deal. I hope dk has a fucking ace up his sleeve to prove the itk crowd wrong.

We'd all love a Mourinho or a Ferguson to come and manage us , but we are where we are , and McInnes is probably our best option of where we are . 

Personally I'd have gone for Preud'homme , but that was from the security of a fan , and not one from who is accountable to millions of fans , so I can understand of where the board are coming from and taking the safer route should McInnes get the gig . 

All we can do is minimise our options .  Both Warburton and Caxinha were totally unprepared with what Scottish football offered them , McInnes isn't , and he's current . Something which some mentioned aren't , and has an ability of finding players on a minimal budget that have performed for him to a point . The key question is will he be better with better players ? 

Obviously I don't have the answer to that. But I do remember a certain Alex McLeish , as an unfancied ex hibs manager taking on an oneil side , that , in my opinion , was better than this current tarrier side , and winning , 

This problem is not insurmountable. The press are building big brenda's side as unbeatable , they're not . In fact I doubt they'd match oneil's side - it's more about how we have fallen as opposed to how good they are . Up until Hamilton and Dundee we were only 6 points behind them and we've been pretty shite all season , just imagine where we'd be once we get a run of wins . Hopefully , our new manager can deliver that , and if he does who knows what can happen . 

Mcinnes has won more major trophies than we’ve won in the last 5 years all the while under bigger financial constraints.  Imagine if these forums were around when eck got the job!! Would’ve been a total forum shut down. Won the Scots 1st division as hibs manager and led Motherwell to 2nd in 94 or 95- did well apart from his last year with us.

mcinnes has bought well with his budget over a few years and made a settled side- never got near the tims but would you really expect him to over the course of a season? Only a fool would use that argument against him.  This manager would comfortably make us miles better and with the right investment (no laughing at the back) you just never know what he’s capabilities are as Rangers manager

5 hours ago, Konovolov said:

Personally, the thought of McInnes coming in fills me with dread. At best grinding out results playing unattractive football, getting pumped off the tims, and finishing 2nd. At worst, being mince, and us being in this same situation next year with Murty in charge following having to pay off yet another dud on  3 year contract. some cunts on ff seem to think it's a done deal. I hope dk has a fucking ace up his sleeve to prove the itk crowd wrong.

I have to agree with the above whatever the obsession with DM is? all of the above is very likely; we need an appointment that allows us to box clever, e.g. a Dutch manager

10 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Will be interesting to see how Sunday goes. If they are as bad as Wednesday night then I would have serious reservations about him managing us.

I would at least expect him to do something to stop our full backs getting forward. 

I won't be judging him on tomorrow at all. 

Really bizzare situation he finds himself in if he is coming here next week. Made to stay and manage the club for two games that he is leaving, against the club he's joining. 

If it is to be McInnes we will all get behind him any way I think it will be a tougher challenge for McInnes due to the dithering by the board but if he is the man appointed let's hope he shocks us all and does much better than expected.

Just now, Konovolov said:

And? Robinson and Canning are probably better managers than McInnes.

:lol: 

Just now, Konovolov said:

People go on about him coming second in a one horse race. Not many talk about his Bristol City days and the reasons for his sacking

A one horse race yes but he wasn't the horse in the race.

Is it not a good thing that he has leaned from his previous failures and improved?

10 minutes ago, Smile said:

If it is to be McInnes we will all get behind him any way I think it will be a tougher challenge for McInnes due to the dithering by the board but if he is the man appointed let's hope he shocks us all and does much better than expected.

This 100%

I would be happy with him tbh. 

We don't need any more Johnny Foreigners and he is the best of the Scottish ones atm 

7 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Will be interesting to see how Sunday goes. If they are as bad as Wednesday night then I would have serious reservations about him managing us.

I would at least expect him to do something to stop our full backs getting forward. 

I agree about Sunday , but they lost 6 first team players at the end of the season and found them hard to replace but still sitting second with no money spent.

There is no doubt we have a better "everything" than Aberdeen and think McInnes, even though we beat them on Sunday he would still be a good appointment should it happen.

If we play the  same team and formation as Wednesday a herd of wild "sheep" won't stop our full backs.

standards have been set now.......no looking back.

37 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I won't be judging him on tomorrow at all. 

Really bizzare situation he finds himself in if he is coming here next week. Made to stay and manage the club for two games that he is leaving, against the club he's joining. 

It really is bonkers. I hope we hump them but I wouldn't be saying anything against McInnes because of it. For whatever reason, he finds himself in a catch 22 can't win situation (providing he really is our next manager :whistle:)

3 hours ago, Smile said:

This ! :tu:

zzzzzzzzzzzsherlo.gif.ff0624de9a4266c8ebc52f052a71e096.gif

2 hours ago, AlCapone said:

For bothuaberdeen and sadly Rangers it is acceptable

The ambition for some is limited to this backwater and the best of a mediocre bunch, if even that.

If British managers are our gauge, our last 2 didn't exactly set the bar high.

When all things taig tell us in the mhedia he's the man, I have serious reservations.

When have they ever wanted a successful Rangers...