"The players weren’t all on the same page”

five stars

Alistair Johnstone has reportedly said that under Pedro "the players weren’t all on the same page”. 

There's been plenty of rumours about a split in the dressing room and this seems to confirm it.

So which players undermined our manager and made his chances of success remote?

What did he do that caused them to rebel? 

Where they rebelling out of their own self interest or because they knew he wasn't up to the job?

Unfortunately it seems that foreign managers and Rangers are incompatible, and that will lead to our next appointment being British. And while that might bring short term improvement, a quality foreign coach who could install a more modern, professional way of working for the players would ultimately be a better option, even if it required clearing out some of the players who are set in their ways.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pedro really must have had some people under a spell for there to still be any excuses and mitigation given for him

I persisted with him for a while because I didn't think we had any choice with him having been chosen and then allowed to buy several players but in reality he was a bizarre appointment doomed to failure from day one

6 minutes ago, five stars said:

Unfortunately it seems that foreign managers and Rangers are incompatible

I'm certain that's not true.  McCoist and Warburton were British and absolutely shite anaw.  We just need to find a good manager it doesn't matter where he comes from.

5 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I'm certain that's not true.  McCoist and Warburton were British and absolutely shite anaw.  We just need to find a good manager it doesn't matter where he comes from.

McCoist isn't a manager and Warburton isn't much of one either. 

Just now, simplythebest said:

Pedro really must have had some people under a spell for there to still be any excuses and mitigation given for him

I persisted with him for a while because I didn't think we had any choice with him having been chosen and then allowed to buy several players but in reality he was a bizarre appointment doomed to failure from day one

I don't understand the affection some of our support has for him at all. 

I think it's mental tbh.

1 minute ago, Gustav said:

I don't understand the affection some of our support has for him at all. 

I think it's mental tbh.

He had a few soundbites but I doubt anyone still holds affection for Charles Green and he was excellent with soundbites 

End of the day he was well paid for a job well above his abilities and no doubt compensated for leaving 

1 hour ago, five stars said:

Alistair Johnstone has reportedly said that under Pedro "the players weren’t all on the same page”. 

There's been plenty of rumours about a split in the dressing room and this seems to confirm it.

So which players undermined our manager and made his chances of success remote?

What did he do that caused them to rebel? 

Where they rebelling out of their own self interest or because they knew he wasn't up to the job?

Unfortunately it seems that foreign managers and Rangers are incompatible, and that will lead to our next appointment being British. And while that might bring short term improvement, a quality foreign coach who could install a more modern, professional way of working for the players would ultimately be a better option, even if it required clearing out some of the players who are set in their ways.

Why is this the first question? Mine would be “which players backed him and prolonged his disastrous reign as manager?”.

2 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

Why is this the first question? Mine would be “which players backed him and prolonged his disastrous reign as manager?”.

Are you genuinely trying to apportion blame on to players giving their all to try and ensure the club is successful for maintaining Pedro's reign too long?  Should they have deliberately lost games to get rid of him sooner? The appointment/sacking of a manager is not the players responsibility, what is their responsibility is to work their damnedest on the pitch & in training to make this club successful again!

Nothing to do with nationality, I’d not say Rangers and a foreign gaffer is incompatible, I’d say new ideas and Rangers are incompatible, especially when there are quite a few changes happening all at once.

Why?

My opinion is that there have always been certain players in place who arrogantly think they know best and when players are refusing to comply it’s only going to end one way.

Is Pedro a good manager? I don’t know. Judging on what he did here he is not. However, if he goes on to prove himself elsewhere it will just go to show our club and players up for what they are - arrogant and out of date.

Pedro had the complete support of the players our team would be in a better position? Difficult to answer, but I would have to add that part of the managers job is to get his players to buy into what he’s trying to do - he failed miserably.

There will always be cunts in the dressing room, it’s how you handle them that matters.

1 minute ago, nelsonRFC82 said:

Are you genuinely trying to apportion blame on to players giving their all to try and ensure the club is successful for maintaining Pedro's reign too long?  Should they have deliberately lost games to get rid of him sooner? The appointment/sacking of a manager is not the players responsibility, what is their responsibility is to work their damnedest on the pitch & in training to make this club successful again!

No, I’m saying that if there was a split in the dressing room between players who backed Pedro to the hilt, and players who saw him for the fraud he obviously was, then I certainly don’t blame the latter.

split in the dressing room, true:

Those that think they are good footballers and are clinging onto a career by their finger tips 

V

Those that are showing potential and are young enough to listen and learn.Knowing the squad is in it's infancy 

1 hour ago, five stars said:

In the early days Pedro had the players in early and had them doing extra training sessions. He also reduced their summer break due to the early qualifiers.

Yet our players seemed to be blowing out their arses by 65 minutes and even other teams players commented on our lack of fitness.  Overtrained or poorly trained.

35 minutes ago, nelsonRFC82 said:

And did they do that? Did they fuck. Too many didn't turn up too often !