Pedro back in management

pcbear

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, hugonot said:

i wasn't ignoring you man, to answer your question:

When Pedro was appointed like everybody else I had never heard of him, but he came with the backing of a club legend; Pedro Mendes. 

During his original presser when he was unveiled I immediately liked the guy; he got what our club was about and I thought this guy has charisma and can win us a title within 2 seasons and is worth taking a risk on.  However after he assembled his own squad the Progres nightmare happened, I was gutted.  From there on dressing room strife got worse and major poor decisions went against us e.g. Jack sending off v Hibs and Kilmarnock, plus had we got Moult last Summer it could have all been different .

In Summary Pedro had the poise, tactics and personality to be a good Rangers manager, but he was short on time and Scotland didn't suit him, I wish him the best . 

Just a couple of points.  Mendes was not a legend although I get that he was a  very gifted player and scored some exceptional goals.   Also I agree about Pedro having personality but tactically I thought he was very poor and his choice of signing also very poor in many cases.  

50 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Just a couple of points.  Mendes was not a legend although I get that he was a  very gifted player and scored some exceptional goals.   Also I agree about Pedro having personality but tactically I thought he was very poor and his choice of signing also very poor in many cases.  

yes I get that, clearly there is a lot of angst about Pedro, if you highlight his good points, it seems to send some on here into a frenzy, I guess opinions differ, we can agree to disagree

1 hour ago, JCDBigBear said:

and his choice of signing also very poor in many cases.  

Most of his signings have been pretty decent. You cant get them all right. One thing he did get right was showing MW signings the door. Oh, and not putting up with Miller and his shite.

2 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

How the fuck is Pedro Mendes a Rangers legend?

I agree 100%.

Good player who served us well but sticks in my throat remembering when he scored against us and wheeled away cheering, like Burke done earlier this season, no class.

1 hour ago, hugonot said:

yes I get that, clearly there is a lot of angst about Pedro, if you highlight his good points, it seems to send some on here into a frenzy, I guess opinions differ, we can agree to disagree

Claiming Pedro's tactics as one of his strong points is an insult even if you're intending it as a compliment

29 minutes ago, JograBear said:

Most of his signings have been pretty decent. You cant get them all right. One thing he did get right was showing MW signings the door. Oh, and not putting up with Miller and his shite.

:lol: 

12 minutes ago, dande101 said:

I agree 100%.

Good player who served us well but sticks in my throat remembering when he scored against us and wheeled away cheering, like Burke done earlier this season, no class.

Tbh I hate it when players refuse to celebrate against former clubs. Cringeworthy shit that just smacks of them wanting to be loved.

3 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Tbh I hate it when players refuse to celebrate against former clubs. Cringeworthy shit that just smacks of them wanting to be loved.

A used to like seeing players not celebrate, Van Persie celebrating against Arsenal infuriated me :lol:, a was gay as fuck

18 minutes ago, OhW said:

He replaced them with worse players. I would rather have kept Garner and Waghorn than buy Herrera and Pena. Its debatable whether Bruno is better than Hill. Is Cardoso even better than Kiernan?

I would have kept Garner too he was good aeriall threat 

42 minutes ago, dande101 said:

I agree 100%.

I didnt know he did that for whom did he play for against us and what game was that?-Mendes

45 minutes ago, dande101 said:

I agree 100%.

So he did the bastard

1 hour ago, OhW said:

Its debatable whether Bruno is better than Hill. Is Cardoso even better than Kiernan?

Wow...just wow.

Alves v Hill

Cardoso v Kiernan

Jack v Halliday

Dorrans v Holt

Candeias v OHalloran

Morelos v Waghorn

Windass v Windass (Windass under Pedro was a much better player than under MW)

John v Wallace

Tav v Tav. (also much better player under Pedro)

oh and bringing in McRorie and telling him he was going to be a star after MW basically dumped him.

yeh, we didn't improve at all under Pedro. What a load of shite.

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Why shouldn't they celebrate?

We are a footballing institution and players who are lucky enough to play for us should be respectful when moving on and playing against us, I'm not saying don't try but do it with a bit of Class, even Lafferty showed that when scoring against us.

12 minutes ago, dande101 said:

We are a footballing institution and players who are lucky enough to play for us should be respectful when moving on and playing against us, I'm not saying don't try but do it with a bit of Class, even Lafferty showed that when scoring against us.

Burke scored a last minute equaliser at Ibrox for Kilmarnock he can celebrate however the fuck he wants.