Pedro back in management

pcbear

Just now, 1690tamRFC said:

I did also, he was never right for our manager, but he is a likeable cunt who definitely had the passion for it and I’ve no doubt whatsoever that he loved it here, so I wish him every success in his new job 

He was hard to dislike but most salesmen are, I would have quite happily bought a car or new windows off him once he had given his pitch.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The talk of how he treated players puts doubt on the whole nice guy stuff I'd say, he did a lot of playing to the gallery with the soundbites 

Not that I wish ill will on him going forward what's done is done and our board are the ones who made the choice sadly 

27 minutes ago, kenny6131 said:

Good luck to him, personally think he was harshly treated by us as he had to overhaul an entire team in just 1 window. This will become apparent when the next manager gets pelters  after our 1st dropped points aka murty for the job after 2 wins then a defeat it's he's fucking shite no his fault he's not up to it etc etc

This all day long. Wish him all the best and I think time will come to tell that internal politics played a big part in his failure. Let's see if Murty has the stones to drop Kenny tomorrow in favour of Morelos. I think we all know the answer. Front two will be Miller and Morelos. 

Just now, simplythebest said:

The talk of how he treated players puts doubt on the whole nice guy stuff I'd say, he did a lot of playing to the gallery with the soundbites 

Not that I wish ill will on him going forward what's done is done and our board are the ones who made the choice sadly 

Claims backed up by wee Guantanamo Barrie :lol:

2 minutes ago, Torontoblue76 said:

This all day long. Wish him all the best and I think time will come to tell that internal politics played a big part in his failure. Let's see if Murty has the stones to drop Kenny tomorrow in favour of Morelos. I think we all know the answer. Front two will be Miller and Morelos. 

He was rotten, end of 

Just now, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

And Pena 

and cardoso 

Na tbh mate I rate Pena. I really like him. A goal every 91 minutes? Fine by me. 

I think he needs games tbh, but with Herrera I’ve always felt like he’s extremely overrated when you factor in his transfer fee and goalscoring record 

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

Na tbh mate I rate Pena. I really like him. A goal every 91 minutes? Fine by me. 

I think he needs games tbh, but with Herrera I’ve always felt like he’s extremely overrated when you factor in his transfer fee and goalscoring record 

Pena has some talent about him which you would at the very least expect for the money we spent but can he really be trusted over the course of a season with fitness etc? Seems doubtful so far 

Just now, simplythebest said:

Pena has some talent about him which you would at the very least expect for the money we spent but can he really be trusted over the course of a season with fitness etc? Seems doubtful so far 

He doesn't look fit to you? He looked okay to me the other night other than a player who hasn't played as often getting tired near the end.

2 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

I was talking about over the course of a season, the situation with him has been bizarre 

It hasn't though. A player that lost his way, not fit, and is getting fitter; by many accounts he has been working on his fitness, and there is a degree of evidence that this is paying off. I think, given time, he has the makings of being a very good player for us, and his goal scoring indicates that. He should be playing alongside Morelos tomorrow, with Miller dropped.

2 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

It hasn't though. A player that lost his way, not fit, and is getting fitter; by many accounts he has been working on his fitness, and there is a degree of evidence that this is paying off. I think, given time, he has the makings of being a very good player for us, and his goal scoring indicates that. He should be playing alongside Morelos tomorrow, with Miller dropped.

We'll see, that will hopefully all be the case but we've gotten too carried away before with players over the odd game, as it stands I'd still cut our losses if there's a chance for him to go elsewhere 

Much as I agree Miller shouldn't be starting every week these days tomorrow's game is exactly the kind of one you still want him in for in my opinion 

3 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

We'll see, that will hopefully all be the case but we've gotten too carried away before with players over the odd game, as it stands I'd still cut our losses if there's a chance for him to go elsewhere 

Much as I agree Miller shouldn't be starting every week these days tomorrow's game is exactly the kind of one you still want him in for in my opinion 

You make fair points, as always, and funnily enough it wouldn't surprise if Pena left as early as this window coming up. We agree to disagree about Miller, as always!