Ronaldinho

GOAT

Has there ever been a more entertaining footballer in your lifetime?  The guy was just amazing, always played with a smile on his face aswell, would just leave players for dead in the blink of an eye.

Messi and Ronaldo, are unbelievable but they were nowhere near as entertaining on a football pitch as Ronaldinho for me. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, MattyBlue said:

You ever watched the pitch level camera that just follows him around for 90 minutes of the match? some sort of documentary time thing. ZZ is a god.

Yeah I seen a bit of that. Guy was one of the best ever in my opinion. Complete master of a football. Made it look so easy to control games and made almost impossible passes seem normal. As you say a God. Sort of player the game misses badly when they retire. Loved watching him.

3 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

The night he got a standing ovation from the real Madrid fans after tearing their team apart was something special, ramos must still have nightmares about that night

Fuck ever giving a tarrier a standing ovation if they ripped us apart btw.

For two years or so he was far and away the best player in the planet. Maybe not quite as productive as some of the other best players there have been and certainly didn't sustain it the way Ronaldo, Messi etc have, but during that 2 years he played football with a panache and entertainment value that you rarely see.

Had it all. On his day he could do things with a football no other player could and I include Messi and co in that. 

He only had a few seasons at that level though and that's why he will never be up there with Messi and Ronaldo who have been unreal for nearly a decade. Like a few Brazilians he just said fuck it and enjoyed himself off the park too. Legend.

Id rather pay money to watch him at his peak than any other player in my lifetime outwith our own greats.

Messi is clearly the greatest player ever. The hardest thing in football is to pick the ball up and dribble around people like they are cones. He's been able to do it on an unprecedented level. Who else can consistently pick the bill up and run around defenders like they aren't there? I think he's done it so often people have actually forgotten how special that ability is. 

I agree about Ronaldinho being entertaining though. 

Messi, Ronaldinho, Riquelme, Ronaldo and Ronaldo the top 5 ever for me.

Zidane nowhere near them for productivity. Countless games he didn't affect and was a passenger. 

2 hours ago, gsa said:

Messi is clearly the greatest player ever. The hardest thing in football is to pick the ball up and dribble around people like they are cones. He's been able to do it on an unprecedented level. Who else can consistently pick the bill up and run around defenders like they aren't there? I think he's done it so often people have actually forgotten how special that ability is. 

Zidane nowhere near them for productivity. Countless games he didn't affect and was a passenger. 

Riquelme top 5 of all time lololololololololol

2 hours ago, gsa said:

Romario was better than a couple of them.......

I always found Ronaldo more entertaining to watch than Ronaldinho. The latter seems like a great bloke though, and probably deserves more credit for Messi than he gets. If the latter had been mentored by Cristiano we probably wouldn't have heard much about him.