Why take McInnes when Murty is better?

3 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

I'm not advocating either 

I tend to agree with you mate. I cant get positive about this appointment. I think some people are genuinely happy he’s coming in but I think most people are being positive and optimistic just through sheer hopeless positivity because we have a new manager and we should be happy that we now have one. McInnes has got the job by default because no one else wanted it. 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, DW1872 said:

I'll obviously support whoever the new manager is but yep I have to agree with this.

I like what I see with Murty, and in difficult circumstances.

An asset to our club.

Its catch 22.

After the Dundee away and Hamilton at home defeats everyone on here was saying get a new guy in and he' just a caretaker who isnt ready.

We win against the sheep and now this...

Fickle bunch 

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

Its catch 22.

After the Hamilton defeat everyone on here was saying get a new guy in and he' just a caretaker who isnt ready.

We win against the sheep and now this...

Fickle bunch 

There's no middle ground in here right enough!!

I wouldn't be disappointed if he got it tho.

1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

DM bottles it in big games, what do you see that makes him better? 

He gets beaten by teams with a higher budget, and better players. Took Aberdeen from under achieving, finishing 8th/9th consistently to 2nd. With or without us in the league, that is a decent record.

Murty set us up well agan today and despite us havng to do makeshift, he again outsmarted McInness, who had no answer.

If we take McInness, it will be a decision that we will live to regret.

I'd give it to Murty for the remainder of the season, as we have nothing to lose and if he gets us second the jobs either his, or we do ndeed bring a manager that we deserve and that would be one a big step up from McInness, as he is fucking clueless.

13 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

This is silly nonsense. Just get behind the new manager FFS.

What is nonsense, is thinking McInness is good enough for us, when he clearly is not. Raped by a youth team coach. The sheep will be glad to get him to fuck and get paid plenty for doing so.

For once I hope King actually does the right thing and stays well away from that clueless idiot and we will have dodged a bullet.

Paying any compo for this dud is an act of insanity.

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

What is nonsense, is thinking McInness is good enough for us, when he clearly is not. Raped by a youth team coach. The sheep will be glad to get him to fuck and get paid plenty for doing so.

For once I hope King actually does the right thing and stays well away from that clueless idiot and we will have dodged a bullet.

Paying any compo for this dud is an act of insanity.

Clueless idiot...dud. hope you have more respect once he's announced during the week.

Murty has got a feel good bounce going through the team. I'd maybe give him till January, if he keeps the team buoyant and maintains the level of respect the players and fans have for him I can see him becoming a very good proposition for us. 

Even  after the game there we had both managers chatting and Murty seems more intelligent that Del.

McInnes has been a full time manager for several seasons with all the pressure that comes with that whereas Murty has had a couple of spells as a caretaker from the youths with nothing to lose really 

I'm pleased for Murty and thank him for these two wins but it's ridiculous to say that it means he's now a better manager than McInnes 

22 minutes ago, LeeWallaceRFC said:

100% agree.

McInnes is tactically inept. He's been outclassed by Murty twice in a week.

Totally.

Mcinnes in that interview looks a guy short on confidence.

Huge backward step if we take him

Stick with Murty until end of season.

Many interims would have thrown in the towel after being pumped by Hamilton and Dundee.

No surrender Graeme Murty picks himself up, dusts off the anger, thinks about how to beat Aberdeen twice, changes tactics/personnel and brings home the bacon when not many expected him to do so.

These are not players he signed and he has picked them off the floor again following the Pedro farcical campaign.

Graeme Murty is going to be a manager at a top club one day and I for one would be very pleased if he got the Rangers job now.

Its been covered well in here why DM is the right man to take us forward for now. GM once again has only done himself proud as an interim. Talks well, thinks things through, and comes up with tactical solutions like McCrorie to Def Mid to cope with key fixtures. 

He'll have his day, but McInnes has earned the job. 

6 minutes ago, Willie King said:

Many interims would have thrown in the towel after being pumped by Hamilton and Dundee.

No surrender Graeme Murty picks himself up, dusts off the anger, thinks about how to beat Aberdeen twice, changes tactics/personnel and brings home the bacon when not many expected him to do so.

These are not players he signed and he has picked them off the floor again following the Pedro farcical campaign.

Graeme Murty is going to be a manager at a top club one day and I for one would be very pleased if he got the Rangers job now.

Spot on.

Murty has a touch of class in picking up basically a shit squad,getting over two horrific results, and battering the sheep twice in a week.

I don't want McIness but will back him if he gets the job.

The sheep had 35 minutes with us down to 10 men to get the equaliser but failed. I didn't see anything in the two games to convince me that McInnes is tactically astute.

His record in Europe is poor too. We need to advance in Europe to earn money to invest in the team. Doubt Derek is capable of that.

If we do sign him it will be a three year deal. The thought of failing in Europe amother 3 times is scary.

If we are going to pay compensation for a manager we should be looking at a higher calibre of candidate who has done better in Europe.