Ryan Jack Red

scottyc06

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like I said in the match thread, it’s a tough one. Where his foot goes is a natural follow through after the tackle and theres definitely no intent. However it’s not always about intent it’s about ‘excessive force’ and endangering the player. Like the Pogba one last night, it’s one of those ones that looks terrible in slow mo.

1 minute ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Like I said in the match thread, it’s a tough one. Where his foot goes is a natural follow through after the tackle and theres definitely no intent. However it’s not always about intent it’s about ‘excessive force’ and endangering the player. Like the Pogba one last night, it’s one of those ones that looks terrible in slow mo.

He hit the ball with the inside of his foot & studs facing down! 

3 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

He hit the ball with the inside of his foot & studs facing down! 

Listen I agree it’s one of those ones that comes round few and far between. Could have easily broken his ankle where his foot ended up but like I said originally there’s certainly no intent. I think he could get done for being reckless though maybe because of the follow through. Like the Mane one against Man City. 

He studded a guy in the ankle, regardless of intent or anything else it’s a red card.

If someone done that to our player people would be greeting for a red card.

It’s unfortunate because he was playing well and didn’t mean it but it’s rare you see a player get away with anything like that nowadays.

4 minutes ago, MasterD said:

He studded a guy in the ankle, regardless of intent or anything else it’s a red card.

If someone done that to our player people would be greeting for a red card.

It’s unfortunate because he was playing well and didn’t mean it but it’s rare you see a player get away with anything like that nowadays.

I don't think it was a red

9 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Listen I agree it’s one of those ones that comes round few and far between. Could have easily broken his ankle where his foot ended up but like I said originally there’s certainly no intent. I think he could get done for being reckless though maybe because of the follow through. Like the Mane one against Man City. 

You been sniffing glue?

might as well hang the boots up if you have to consider what happens to the guy that’s tackling you before you play your pass. 

Just now, roboscot said:

You been sniffing glue?

might as well hang the boots up if you have to consider what happens to the guy that’s tackling you before you play your pass. 

You clearly don’t know much about football if you don’t realise it has everything to do with the contact on the opposition player in modern day football. Im not saying I’m a fan of it by any stretch but that’s the game nowadays. Things that are red cards now wouldn’t even have been fouls 15/20 years ago.

Archived